Ebay advice please - suspect buyer lying

Comments

• pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,039
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Have you checked this buyer's feedback? Has anyone left him any FB indicating that an item did not turn up?

You could always leave him positive FB saying "buyer paid quickly. Sorry it got lost in the post!".

That way, should he be a scammer, others would then have evidence of this happening before.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • thewrongtrousers
    thewrongtrousers Posts: 59
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 9 March 2017 at 6:17PM
    F&L wrote: »
    I received a parcel last week that had been posted at a post office by standard mail. The postman scanned the code before handing it to me. I never post from a post office but perhaps someone else will know if the scanning of standard mail is in place at the moment (I know it's in place for business mail)? I threw the packaging away but had meant to look at it again.

Yes it's been around since last summer. The 'delivery confirmation' service is currently for Royal Mail 24 and 48 services (standard parcels for businesses). But this is only for business customers and doesn't include a signature, it is just a barcode and confirms the item has been delivered.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Yes it's been around since last summer. The 'delivery confirmation' service is currently for Royal Mail 24 and 48 services (standard parcels for businesses). But this is only for business customers and doesn't include a signature, it is just a barcode and confirms the item has been delivered.

It is available for those that register with Click and Drop too. Anyone can do that.

A signature isn't needed necessarily unless the item is over £750, in which case these services wouldn't be the right ones.
  • ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,933
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    It is available for those that register with Click and Drop too. Anyone can do that.
    Is it available yet on the postage label purchased through eBay?
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Is it available yet on the postage label purchased through eBay?

I don't use Ebay postage as we are purely DMO so I don't know.
  • It is available for those that register with Click and Drop too. Anyone can do that.

A signature isn't needed necessarily unless the item is over £750, in which case these services wouldn't be the right ones.

Ah right, thanks, they must have added that later - when the rep called us they said it was business only - maybe he was just bigging it up.
  • If your parcel had a 2D barcode on it then it should have been scanned at the point of delivery. This applies to all parcels whether it was sent tracked, recorded etc.
  • ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,933
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    If your parcel had a 2D barcode on it then it should have been scanned at the point of delivery. This applies to all parcels whether it was sent tracked, recorded etc.

You say that but member CUSTARDY says it's not planned yet for 2D barcoded franking machines.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,031
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    If your parcel had a 2D barcode on it then it should have been scanned at the point of delivery. This applies to all parcels whether it was sent tracked, recorded etc.

That is not the case, I queried this again yesterday as I do not have it on my business account, this is the official response from my RM business manager:

In terms of delivery confirmation this need to be activated assuming you are producing Barcoded labels via DMO

If you contact the DMO support team they will be able to advise how to go about this

If you are using PPi Labels then this service is not available
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Nesty
    Nesty Posts: 492
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 11 March 2017 at 2:32PM
    One time years ago. I sold a PC RAM stick . The buyer was localish, so I posted it through the letterbox en route to work.

Low and behold a few days later. I get the I have not received my item.

Lucky, I did take a photo of the item outside the house with a current day newspaper in the shot. Then sealed the envelope and posted through letterbox.

That was my only back up.

It went to EBAY and I upoaded google earth snaps along with my photos to fully demonstrate I was there.
    EBAY sided with me as the seller which I wasn't expecting.

After that I never personal deliver now. Just pay the postage regardless and get proper recorded delivery. If you don't you are handing any transaction on a plate to a buyer and placing huge faith they will do the honourable in saying they receieved the item!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure