A little home to call my own

Options

Comments

• JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Also just gained another 12 hours (2 x 6hr) shifts this week from the place I was working at last week:) They txt direct to book me. Really pleased as I now have a full weeks work in plus 6 hours overtime:j Full steam ahead until Friday at 2pm when I start my 9 days holiday:D:beer:
    November NSD's - 7
  • JAMIEDODGER
    edited 6 February 2018 at 7:21AM
    Options
    I do wish I could sleep in later than 4.30am!!:(

Banking done. 99p Tilly Tidied and £2.55 interest and 45p FC interest swept over to house fund. Total now at £1362.43:j It much not seem much, but I do feel the TT's are making a difference and the balance is slowly creeping up:)

Had a good shift at work yesterday, back there again all day wednesday and friday morning, but at a different place today and thursday. Van filled up with petrol, used the 10p a litre off voucher and saved over £4:D

Ongoing to do list:

Research where to go with voucher from xmas found a few nice places but waiting for my carer to get back to me with dates she can have DS3
    Deal with the large pile of paperwork on my desk - its a work in progress:D
    Start meal plan and food shop list
    Book Tesco delivery (use vouchers)
    Collect pet meds
    Work 8-4
    Take paperwork into council office re: council tax
    Do meter readings
    Pick up DD food tech ingredients

I'm sure there are other things that will creep onto the list by the end of the day, but that's all I can think of for now:)
    November NSD's - 7
  • JAMIEDODGER
    edited 6 February 2018 at 5:43PM
    Options
    Another work day done and another day closer to my holidays:D:beer:

Very happy this afternoon when an email came through from Funding Circle inviting me to open my new IF ISA :D I've been waiting for this since the announcement in November and wasted no time opening it with £1k :T I shouldn't think it will take much time before all my money is loaned out, FC is pretty quick. I am selling all my loans within the classic account and will move that money to the ISA. Ongoing I will just keep going with the ISA, which will be used for my house fund.

Ongoing to do list:

Research where to go with voucher from xmas - found a few nice places but waiting for my carer to get back to me with dates she can have DS3
    Deal with the large pile of paperwork on my desk - its a work in progress
    Collect pet meds - will probably have to wait until Friday
    Take paperwork into council office re: council tax - will have to wait until next week as not enough time this week
    Do meter readings
    Buy retirement card for DS3 school transport driver

I'm working an 8-8 shift tomorrow, so need to get organised tonight. DS1 is cooking enchiladas for dinner, but I am having leftover chilli. Will take a few snacks into work tomorrow, but as it's a 12 hour shift we get a free meal:T:cool:

Going to finish my cuppa, then get cracking so I can relax and watch some Netflix later:D
    November NSD's - 7
  • JAMIEDODGER
    Options
    £100 moved to the ISA this morning plus 40p Tilly tidied and some FC interest means my total now stands at £1501.73:T I have just hit the 3% mark:j:D I am hoping to reach 4% by the end of Feb. It's a stretch but I am going to try:)

The loans in my FC Classic have all sold, so I have put in for a withdrawal and the funds should hit my bank in around three days (this money will go back to other savings as I borrowed from them to open the ISA). The £1k I put in FC ISA yesterday has already loaned out half:) I expect it to be fully loaned by the end of today:)

The next week looks to be a bit boring in terms of financial stuff. I will still be doing TT's but not a lot else until payday comes round again next Friday. So for now my attention will divert to saving as much as I can on the grocery budget and planning meals to the end of the month using up as much as I can out of cupboards/freezers. I will have to do a meat shop (Lidl) which I may do on saturday, which [STRIKE]should[/STRIKE] will last the remainder of Feb:D

I have a few bits ready to list on eBay, so hope to get cracking with that while on holiday. Not really sure what sells well, so not anticipating much, but one mans junk and all that... Hoping to also catch up on all those jobs that get put off, but also have a lot of fun things planned too:cool:

A long day today, but a free meal is always a bonus, plus I do like the home I will be working at so the day should go by fairly fast:)

No list of jobs for today as there won't be time to fit anything else in:rotfl:
    November NSD's - 7
  • JAMIEDODGER
    edited 8 February 2018 at 6:39AM
    Options
    Long day yesterday, but I've broken the back of the week:D Was really glad to get home last night.

Working 9-4 today and have a Tesco order booked in for delivery between 5-6pm tonight. This should see us through most of next week:)

40p TT this morning:D

Share purchase for my SIPP tomorrow and share prices in the tracker I buy within my SIPP have dropped over the last week, so if it stays that way tomorrow I should get more shares for my money:D:j

Kids are a bit tired and grumpy this week:eek:, you can tell half term is looming, they always get this way just before, and I know they could do with the rest. After a week off, they should perk up a bit (I know I will!) :rotfl:

Still haven't managed to get to the jobs on my list, but the list keeps growing. Oh well, will attack with gusto on the weekend:)

Holiday is almost here:D
    November NSD's - 7
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi JD, have you been to the studio tour before ? It's AMAZING, my favourite place in the whole world :rotfl: if you need any info just ask, I've been taken Dd too many times :o
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • JAMIEDODGER
    Options
    Hey NG:) I've never been before, and am super excited!!! All I would like to know is what is an absolute must see? If you could recommend one thing there, what would it be?

Work is done for today:T And my feet are killing me! Just an 8-2 tomorrow, then that's it:D

I've just checked my IFISA and all my money is now loaned out:j I have some more to add to it later in the month, but for now any small monies in will go into my easy saver waiting until I have enough to pay in to ISA (minimum payment in is £100). Hopefully I shoudl get a decent rate of interest:)

Off to put my feet up and have a cuppa before the Tesco delivery arrives:)
    November NSD's - 7
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    The Studio tour is fab - even as a non-HP fan I thought it was amazing :) My DD (20) has now been 4 or 5 times :) (Am sure NG can beat that, though! :D)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • JAMIEDODGER
    Options
    greent wrote: »
    The Studio tour is fab - even as a non-HP fan I thought it was amazing :) My DD (20) has now been 4 or 5 times :) (Am sure NG can beat that, though! :D)
    x

Thanks greent:D I'm even more excited now if that's even possible! It's going to feel like an age until August!:eek:
    November NSD's - 7
  • JAMIEDODGER
    Options
    Last push this morning then at 2pm I am officially on holiday for 9 days:D:beer:

96p TT and 35p interest this morning added to the house fund:T Only another week to go until payday, then I can make my big payment of the month which should take me nearer to £2K:j At this point, I think I will come in at about £45 short of that target, so I really need to be thinking of a way to make up that shortfall.

My overall minimum target for 2018 is £8340 (including interest) and I am already 18% of the way there, so I think I will be able to achieve that:D

I am off out tonight to see my best friend and to have a takeaway and some wine:) I will have to pay for a taxi, but it is too far to walk :rotfl: plus I am zero tolerance on alcohol and driving, so small price to pay for keeping the roads safe:)

Tesco delivery came last night, and they substituted a load of stuff I didn't want, so £10 to come back from that order. Now I will have to make an extra trip to pick up the stuff I needed :eek:. This can wait until tomorrow as I think I will pop to Lidl first thing to stock up on meat for the remainder of the month, so can tie in a trip to Tesco to pick up those things needed:)

I am currently finalising the menu plan for the rest of Feb. While I am off, I want to have a big cook up and prepare for the coming six weeks until I have two weeks off at Easter:D If I prepare more now, it should help to save a lot of money next month on groceries:T

Share purchase day today for my SIPP. All looks good to pick up more shares for my money as the markets have taken a big dip this week. Not great for some unfortunately, but good for my pension. Last month my shares were at an all time high, and I bought at the top, so it's swings and roundabouts and I shall enjoy taking advantage of the drop this month:T

Right, must get DS3 up for school. DD is on inset day and DS2 finished college yesterday until after half term. Everyone is looking forward to the rest from the end of today:D

JD x
    November NSD's - 7
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family