Slimming World - Extra Easy weight loss!!

Options

Comments

• save_up_ya_pennies
    Options
    3 syns:D Never heard of them before, are they with the hot chocolate sachets?

Thank you:AI spotted them todayI have never seen them before I got them from Morrison's today they were on the same shelf as the choc sachets kinda between hot choc n coffee :) Not bad on the syns are they.
  • Inazuma
    Inazuma Posts: 447 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    HopePray wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me about the muller/porridge? I cant quite get my head around what you do with it.
    Many thanks.
    There are a few variations on this, but I soak 100g porridge with 200g water overnight, this makes 4 portions of porridge, each is 1 HEB. Then I have it in the morning with lots of fruit and fat free yog.

HTH
  • c_l_a_i_r_e
    c_l_a_i_r_e Posts: 4,647 Forumite
    Options
    please read my previous post really wanna lose weight:) and slimming world sound fab

shopaholic have a look at this post here on MiniMins. I think it gives you a really good idea of all the plans to get you started. Its a great site for SW information btw, i'd have been lost this past week without it and this thread.
    :starmod:C'est la vie:starmod:
  • Circes_2
    Circes_2 Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Everyone i was doing weight watcher for 2 months followed it rather well lost 3.5 pounds the whole time i was doing it. stopped about 5 weeks ago and have put on 1 pound, i have always really liked the look of slimming world but i dont really understand it, i dont want to go to a meeting ect just something to follow myself. i do really enjoy my food. please can someone help me understand slimming world?

While you will be able to pick up the basics on here or other forums you'll stuggle without the detailed information that you get in the member's pack. Even if you don't want to go to class I would recommend that you go along even for ony one week to get up-to-date booklets, the introductory talk from the consultant and the password for the SW website. SW is so different from WW you don't want to disadvantage yourself from day 1 by not having all the information you need to succeed.

Good luck!
  • Circes_2
    Options
    HopePray wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me about the muller/porridge? I cant quite get my head around what you do with it.
    Many thanks.

You just add a pot of yoghurt to the porridge oats, mix well and leave overnight. Your porridge will be ready to eat in the morning. Lots of people swear by it but I must admit it's not for me.
  • Circes_2
    Options

is it true that you can have 1 syn for every stone you weigh?

One final question about the chocolate cake. The last time I went to a class the consultant kept going on about "food abuse" and it drove me nuts. By her rules that cake would be "food abuse" because she said that you were meant to have whole foods and not mess about trying to make cakes and such like. What is the SW position on it, does anyone know?

To answer your first question everyone can have between 5 and 15 syns a day irrespective of how much they weigh or how much they want to lose. A consultant can at their discretion tell you to have more than 15 syns.

As for the cake recipe you right in saying that if you use ingredients in a way that they would not normally be used in order to make cakes then you do have to syn them. So if there was polenta or cous cous in the recipe it would need to be synned. But in this particular recipe no foods are being used in this way so the syn value is correct.

Hope that helps.
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Food today

B - weetabix [bs] milk [a] coffee

L - pasta, toms, cue, babybel, muller

T - noodles, stirfried veg [peas, sweetcorn, cabbage, carrot, onion], oxo

Snacks - banana, cherry toms, pineapple

Syns - 2 spearmint polos .5, hmmmm will have to think of something :o

Well done to all the losers :T
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • Vixie_Pixie
    Vixie_Pixie Posts: 886 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have started SW for the umpteenth time today as I am now the heaviest I have EVER been and I am desperate to get some weight off before the summer. I have been approved for Weight Loss Surgery but I am terrified of having the operation and so this is my final attempt to lose weight in a sensible manner before I give in and say yes to surgery. I have joined online because I am too embarrassed to go to a class because I am so big and it is just too much for me at the moment to get up the courage to go. My biggest problem is that I love things like tuna pasta and rice salad and I know that alot of you have things like that but how do you make the dressing? Today I made some tuna pasta with peas, sweetcorn, cucumber, peppers, carrots and onions in and I made the dressing by mixing about 3tbs of Hellmanns extra light mayo with a dollop of fromage frais and about 3 tbs of Heinz extra light salad cream. That made enough for two servings and I reckon that the syns for each portion is 3 - is that right? Also is it true that you can have 1 syn for every stone you weigh?

Please do not be embarrassed. I know how you feel as at times i feel very self conscious about meeting a group of new people and worrying i am going to be the biggest there. I know people at the group will not judge you by your size as but by you as a person :) So hold ur head up high and go to a class :D You can do it!! With SW you will be able to shift that weight without having the surgery!! :)

For your salad dressings i use hellmanns extra light mayo which i season with salt and pepper. I also use fat free natural yogurt and mint sauce mixed together which is seasoned with salt and pepper.

3 tbsp of salad cream is 7.5 syns for the full fat one or 6syns for 3 tbsp of light salad cream or 3 syns for 3 tbsp of extra light salad cream :)
    All hail to the sale!!!!!! :beer:

new beginnings...... new successes..
  • Vixie_Pixie
    Vixie_Pixie Posts: 886 Forumite
    Options
    today has not been too good.

Last night i had a serious nosebleed which required treatment so today i have a face that looks as if i have fought 12 rounds with mike tyson!

today was green (not a proper green tho)

B - fruit and fibre (heb) with milk (hea) Cup of tea

L - Cheese on toast (heb2 and hea2)

S - banana, pink and white 2.5 syns, shape yog

D - chippy chips 17.5 syns

i have found it so hard to eat today!
    All hail to the sale!!!!!! :beer:

new beginnings...... new successes..
  • miamoo
    miamoo Posts: 1,694 Forumite
    Options
    I have found it quite a struggle today, I knew I would as we dont have much healthy stuff in, and no money:(

Brekkie-weetabix
    Dinner-cottage cheese and jacket
    Tea -ainsley harriot cous cous(3syns) and a 100g chicken breast
    Snacks mini flake 6syns:eek:

Tea was a struggle as I really didnt fancy anything we had in, never mind I stuck to plan in the end, just one more day till pay day yay!
    £100 - £10,000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport