Paid off the £31,000! BUT - still scrimping!

Comments

• Thanks everyone!
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    YPleased to say I might be doing Pilates soon, always wanted to try it, we might have someone to do a class at work every week.

I think you’d enjoy it SA - the stretching would help offset the muscle contractions in the gym.

I felt absolutely washed out when I got home last night - ate my “eating out of the freezer” dinner (fish fingers, cauli rice and green rice), watched some TV and was in bed by 8.30pm!:eek:

Tonight had the same for dinner as last night - finished the fish fingers, cauli and green rice from freezer.

First pension transfer docs have gone off to works provider to arrange transfer and they’re sending me the forms for the other two plans.

Nothing much on this week, only nails tomorrow evening and will check to see if there’s anything worth watching at pictures over the weekend.

One good thing - I’ve started to get a few PA surveys through so have got just over £20 to come plus £8.75 from topcashback. So will put this towards the fridge/freezer deficit.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    When I saw the physio today , she recommended I do Pilates as well as the gym/swimming. There are
    Pilates sessions at work so I will be investigating when I return.

Hope you aren't as tired today .
  • Hope your feeling a lot more comfortable this evening Cumbria. How lucky to have Pilates sessions available at work - SA might be getting some soon as well.

Feel a lot livelier tonight! The extra hours snoozing last night appears to have done the trick!:cool:
    🌟
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    We have yoga onsite as well . Mindfulness and a listening ear service , physio once a week but the wait time for him is quite lengthy . Very lucky really .

Glad the extra snooze time worked x
  • That’s great to have all those things onsite! We have access to a counselling service but physical wise all we have is a rather expensive private gym next door that is, so I hear, always packed out at lunchtimes and early evenings. :(
    🌟
  • PA seems to be finally picking up on the survey front. Since my payout the other day I’ve earned just over £6. Others are still plodding away, though Opinium is now up to £16.40.

Also picked up £15 from the dress agency today - this was my final payment so have cleared my card now.

I had my nails done on Wednesday and monthly pedicure today. Have downloaded some music from iTunes as well. Nothing much else going on - i’ve got Pilates tomorrow and also meeting my friend for a coffee.

Have a good evening everyone!
    🌟
  • PA is odd, I've had nothing at all last week - although I had one day with lots a few weeks ago. I mostly get an error message now.
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi Ss, I think I’m goung to follow your lead with the pedicure as my poor feet are neglected.
  • PA is odd, I've had nothing at all last week - although I had one day with lots a few weeks ago. I mostly get an error message now.

I know - I was getting error messages for a few weeks and it’s just spluttered into life again.
    Munchin wrote: »
    Hi Ss, I think I’m goung to follow your lead with the pedicure as my poor feet are neglected.

As well as making your feet look nice it’s such a nice pampering experience Munchin. I always find it extra worthwhile during the summer months when I tend to live in sandals. The dry skin then builds up and the salon gets rid of it much better than I can even with my little Scholl machine!

I had a really enjoyable day today. My friend and I were just going to have a coffee but it was such a lovely sunny day we ended up down on the seafront wrapped up with our shades on and had lager and chips sitting outside the pub!:cool:

This week is going to be busy at work - boss is back from his week off and has quite a few ideas he wants to get on with. I’m off work though on Tuesday as the new fridge/freezer and side table are being delivered.

I’ve got my hair appointment on Wednesday evening and on Thursday evening I’m off after work to visit an exhibition on my own - following on from one of my resolutions to start doing things independently like I used to.

Looking forward to the new series of “Homeland” tonight!:)
    🌟
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,278 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Sounds like you had a lovely day today. It was sunny here too despite starting off foggy.

Have a great week xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport