EE contract up

My contact ended back in October but I’ve noticed my bill has remained the same even though the phone is paid for. Should this have been reduced after the 2 years? When I contact them am I entitled to a refund?

Comments

• stragglebod
    stragglebod Posts: 1,324 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Your contract didn't end. Your contract reached its minimum term. As you didn't cancel, it carries on as it was.

You're not entitled to a refund, though if you ask them they'll probably have a cheaper tariff they can drop you onto. They'll try to sell you an expensive upgrade while they do so though.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    The phone is a complete red herring. Contracts are for air time and you didn't pay for the phone in installments (even if you did in effect, it is irrelevant in contractual terms unless you had a separate transaction/contract just for the phone).

If you're going to enter into a contract (of any kind) you really need to understand its terms beforehand. Two years on it's a bit late to start finding out about your assumptions and misconceptions. The industry terms (i.e. "24 month contract") can be misleading and certainly don't help, but you can't do much about that except understand them in the first place. The same applies to finance contracts and many other things.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 February 2018 at 4:26PM
    Kathdb wrote: »
    My contact ended back in October

No, it didnt.
    but Ive noticed my bill has remained the same even though the phone is paid for.

The phone was never being paid for specifically, your bill was always just for service.
    Should this have been reduced after the 2 years?

No.

Not unless you actively made contact with EE at the end of the minimum term and negotiated a new contract for a reduction, for example a sim only plan.
    When I contact them am I entitled to a refund?

No one, you arent entitled to a refund, your payment was exactly what you agreed to in the terms of your contract.
    ====
  • Jenny_EE
    Jenny_EE Posts: 44 Organisation Representative
    My contact ended back in October but I’ve noticed my bill has remained the same even though the phone is paid for. Should this have been reduced after the 2 years? When I contact them am I entitled to a refund?

Morning,

There is no automatic termination so if you don't get in touch with us your contract will run on. We let our customers know through My EE and text messages well before they’re eligible to upgrade or change contract. You can move to a SIM-Only plan as early as 45 days before the end of your contract.

Thanks,

Jenny

Official Company Representative
    I'm an official company representative of EE. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure