Santander 0% BT no fee

1234568»

Comments

• pcyam
    pcyam Posts: 651 Forumite
    11cas wrote: »

Hi,

You mention there was no fee - I've just looked on the website and it states there is a 3% fee for the 13 month BT credit card. Do you pay no fee, because you have a mortgage with them?

the website does state that, but for all customers that have a mortgage, primary bank account or investment, they are entitled to the 0% fee. if you apply online it asks for your existing details so that they can apply the 0%

hth
  • 11cas
    11cas Posts: 56 Forumite
    pcyam wrote: »
    the website does state that, but for all customers that have a mortgage, primary bank account or investment, they are entitled to the 0% fee. if you apply online it asks for your existing details so that they can apply the 0%

hth

Thanks very much that's really useful to know :D
  • pcyam wrote: »

hth

Can you really do that? Martin's guide says not...

'Existing Santander or Alliance and Leicester, current account and mortgage holders can get 13 months fees free in branch or over the phone with the Santander Credit Card (followed by 16.9%). Non-customers can apply online, but will pay a 3% fee, so the cards above beat it.'
    My TV is broken! :cry:
    Edit: refunded £515 for TV 1.5 years out of warranty - thank you Sale of Goods Act! :j
  • bilbo_2
    bilbo_2 Posts: 448 Forumite
    if my wife takes out a santander 0% fee free card will she be able to do a balance transfer to my egg money card ??

Also is the 13 months 0% fee free still available on the phone and branch ??
  • boybeck
    boybeck Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've just been looking for this offer myself. The 0% period has now dropped to 6 months on the fees free balance transfer card. What a shame, I have just missed out on the 12 month offer.
  • GAILEY
    GAILEY Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Does anyone know please whether the 13 months fee free period still exists for Santander customers??
    I am looking to do a balance transfer, and I have ISA's with Santander - does that qualify me??
  • pKaTz
    pKaTz Posts: 253 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    GAILEY wrote: »
    Does anyone know please whether the 13 months fee free period still exists for Santander customers??
    I am looking to do a balance transfer, and I have ISA's with Santander - does that qualify me??

It is now 6 months.
    Not sure about the ISA though.
  • I took out a Santander current account in October and was sent a form in the post to apply for one of the 13 months 0% balance transfers with no balance transfer fee for balances transferred in the first 3 months. I sent in this postal application on the 15th November and just received the card today.

I have been given a £6100 credit limit, £5800 now on it's way to my Egg card ready to move to my Lloyds current account at 4%.

Should make £251 over the 13 months from this card.:T
    I don't pay tax.

The 0% for 13months deal is still been advertised on the Santander site.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure