Slimming World - Extra Easy weight loss!!

Comments

• Thanks for the recipe! I ended up doing a sauce out of a spoonful of light cream cheese, a couple of spoons of cottage cheese and a tsp of mustard. I then put my HE cheese on top. It was absolutely delicious, even nicer than traditional cauli-cheese I think. DC wouldn't touch it though :mad:

I did my first WI this morning and am being very good about writing in my food diary. Hopefully, I'll see a little change in the numbers next week.

Have a good day everyone :j
    CC1 £5999 Total Debt March 2021 £5999
    NSDs March 1/20
  • Hi all it's been nearly a year since i fell off the wagon and ive put on a whopping 1st 7lbs!!!!! In total i now need to lose 5 stone 6lbs. Been struggling along just trying to do it myself at home this week but can't get to a class untill sat and i'm struggling with guessing the syn value of foods etc.

Would there be anyone kind enough to pm me this weeks pword for online so i can use the online syn calculator until sat?

This time i need to do it nothing in the wardrobe fits and even when i think i look ok i see a picture afterwards and think yeuck!:o
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Morning all

Well done FloFlo :T

EE Meal plane for today :-
    • 2 weetabix (b)
    • 250ml semi skimmed (a)
    • 2 rashers bacon
    • carrot
    • onions
    • parsnips
    • red pepper
    • Huge salad
    • ham
    • couple of steamed potatoes
    • 1tbs yoghurt dressing (1syn)
    • inbetweenies -fruit
    I have chopped up the bacon and put in the remoska and then thrown in the veggies and will leave it until they are roast :D- figured I could use the bacon to give me some protein and I won't have to use any oil to roast the veggies ;)

Im really hoping my SW booklets arrive today as I want to settle down and get to grips with all the info -I have to say that Im not overly impressed with the on-line stuff (but thats probably just me liking to read properly :p) -I want to look into going mainly onto RED days as I think it might work better for us...
    I will be able to get more milk via healthy (A) without using syns..
    Hubby will get more cheese via healthy (A) when he needs it...

ooh and can I ask Consultant31 or anyone who might know...I have noticed things like:-
    2 ryvita original/dark rye/seame and
    4 ryvita original/dark rye/sesame
    Both on the options for healthy extra B :think: -is the difference for male/female? or am I missing something -I don't want to be short changing hubby :rotfl:
    ALSO :o -do they reccomend using a certain number of syns a day? only at the moment my mentality is "use as few as possible" -just wondering if you are suposed to eat a certain amount ---like on the WW point system where you are suposed to eat all of your points...
    Sorry for all the questions... but if Im doing this I may as well make sure Im doing it right :D

Need to nip shoping this evening for a fruit, salad,veg and milk top up... Im getting through loads of fruit again nomnomnom
    Hope everyone is having a good day
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • MRSMCAWBER wrote: »

ooh and can I ask Consultant31 or anyone who might know...I have noticed things like:-
    2 ryvita original/dark rye/seame and
    4 ryvita original/dark rye/sesame
    Both on the options for healthy extra B :think: -is the difference for male/female? or am I missing something -I don't want to be short changing hubby :rotfl:
    ALSO :o -do they reccomend using a certain number of syns a day? only at the moment my mentality is "use as few as possible" -just wondering if you are suposed to eat a certain amount ---like on the WW point system where you are suposed to eat all of your points...
    Sorry for all the questions... but if Im doing this I may as well make sure Im doing it right :D

i think that the reason they state both 2 and 4 ryvita is that you can have 4 as a heb but if you want to speed up your weight loss you have 2 ryvita as a heb to make them a speed food.... i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong :)

Also, it is best to have between 5 and 15 syns a day. It was said on the previous thread that weight loss is better if you have your syns.

Personally if i find i haven't had many syns i will eat something to make sure i have had at least 5. But generally i have 10-15 a day :)
    All hail to the sale!!!!!! :beer:

new beginnings...... new successes..
  • Felicity
    Felicity Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi, I was just wondering what peoples thoughts were on spreading out all the syns through the week Vs consuming them all at the w/e?

I struggle to have my syns during the week, I dont really have a sweet tooth, dont crave anything as such and am very happy having a no syn eating plan (with the exception of a 1teaspoon syn of manuka honey a day for health reasons).

At the week-end I do however like to treat myself whilst staying within the confines of the plan. Wine is my real treat plus maybe some clover on bread, skinny cow ice creams etc.

I love doing sw this way but it means consuming 60-70 syns at the w/e and only 5 during the week.

Has anybody got any thoughts on this?
  • Felicity
    Felicity Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    i think that the reason they state both 2 and 4 ryvita is that you can have 4 as a heb but if you want to speed up your weight loss you have 2 ryvita as a heb to make them a speed food.... i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong :)

Also, it is best to have between 5 and 15 syns a day. It was said on the previous thread that weight loss is better if you have your syns.

Personally if i find i haven't had many syns i will eat something to make sure i have had at least 5. But generally i have 10-15 a day :)

Ahhh, I had wondered about the ryvita thing also but assumed it was a typo!
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite

Thanks for that -it makes perfect sense :T
    Hubby will be grateful to that he can have 4 ryvita as a healthy B -he loves the things :rotfl:

I will try and find a way of using some syns -I think because I can have fruit for "free" I naturaly pick that as its my fave thing so I don't feel the need to use Syns -also because hubby is doing it with me I try to make our meals using a few syns as possible -so he can have his syns for beer etc
    I think once all my booklets arrive and I look into doing mainly red days I may find it easier to use more syns ;)

Once again -thankyou for your help :T
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • PurpleJay
    PurpleJay Posts: 526 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just wanted to say Hi to you all. Hope you don't mind me joining in!

I have decided to have another bash at Slimming World. I was a member in 1998 and again in 2004. Previously I did weight watchers and got to goal but more recently I have tried doing online slimming and lack the motivation to keep it up. I was going to go to a class this time as it does seem to work for me but for a month I decided to try following the plan myself using my 2004 books and will be putting the money away for a treat if I loose weight!

If I loose 4lb in 4 weeks, hubby says he will match what I have in the pot and I have agreed to give the money to him if I don't so a bit of extra incentive there too :D I am hoping for half a stone though - that'll show him :p

I weigh 14st 2lb at the moment which is the heaviest I have been. I want to loose at least 2 stone and preferably 3 stone. I also have to get some exercise so I will be dusting off the wii fit!

Aside from me a hubby, in our household is our 3 year old son and my mum who lives in an annexe although we usually eat together on the days we are all in. Me and the little one are veggie. Mum likes something sweet after each meal and I have been joining her so that is the first thing to cut out or I will have fruit instead. Mr T has just delivered my shopping which has lots of healthy stuff so no excuses.

Look forward to chatting and sharing our successes!

Jay x
    'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'
  • lynnexxxo
    lynnexxxo Posts: 1,213 Forumite
    Felicity wrote: »
    Hi, I was just wondering what peoples thoughts were on spreading out all the syns through the week Vs consuming them all at the w/e?

I struggle to have my syns during the week, I dont really have a sweet tooth, dont crave anything as such and am very happy having a no syn eating plan (with the exception of a 1teaspoon syn of manuka honey a day for health reasons).

At the week-end I do however like to treat myself whilst staying within the confines of the plan. Wine is my real treat plus maybe some clover on bread, skinny cow ice creams etc.

I love doing sw this way but it means consuming 60-70 syns at the w/e and only 5 during the week.

Has anybody got any thoughts on this?

Some weeks I have used my syns everyday and lost and some weeks I've went a bit mad and had all my syns at the weekend and still lost. So I don't really know. Certainly our consultant doesn't encourage you to have all your syns in the one day. I think a lot of it is to do with the fact that after a few drinks the nibbles come out, crisps, nuts and then its to hell with it. Three slices of roasted cheese later you think you have really blown it.

What about giving yourself 20 syns on a friday, saturday and sunday and only 5 the other days. I think that sounds reasonable, and if your don't loose then can reassess it.
  • BarmyCow
    BarmyCow Posts: 225 Forumite
    I have decided to mix up my EE days with the occasional red and possibly green days also. This will certainly not be a startling revelation to anyone but me but is more of an advisement that I may be asking some really silly questions in the near future as I am still trying to get my head round the red/green, now that EE has become second nature and I want to boost my losses, especially during * week.
    Fingers crossed and don't say I didn't warn you all. :D
    I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure