Swagbucking into 2017

Comments

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Sarebear78 wrote: »
    The Entertainment EngageMe tv seems to be paying out quite easily this morning - only appears to be needing 0.8 Swagbucks again on the counter to trigger a SB reward. The ads seem plentiful too at the minute - hope that is the case for everyone so it ticks off the Discover on the Daily task list x

Only just noticed the above comments - hope that was only on the other choices of Engageme TV

The counter doesn't matter, it requires 6 ads to be watched to earn a SB (used to be 3 ads).
  • sonicology
    sonicology Posts: 180 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Anyone else finding it more and more difficult to get the 5 disqualification SBs? It seems that more and more surveys which supposedly do award them are instead routing me to a generic end survey screen and staying there instead of going back to the Gold Surveys page and awarding the single SB for being DQed.
  • sonicology wrote: »
    Anyone else finding it more and more difficult to get the 5 disqualification SBs? It seems that more and more surveys which supposedly do award them are instead routing me to a generic end survey screen and staying there instead of going back to the Gold Surveys page and awarding the single SB for being DQed.
    Yes a few of them no longer redirect. It's incredibly petty.
  • Happygreen
    Happygreen Posts: 2,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    sonicology wrote: »

Even on PL I sometimes have to try 3 or 4 in a row before the 1 sb gets awarded. They are Nectar Surveys I believe (which coincidentally pay much better on Nectar)
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,849 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Not sure if anyone has thought about this or not. We are all getting a bid fed up with the reduction in value of everything so why not do something about it. Is 15 or 20 minutes of your time worth 39 SB?

Most people are forced to attempt these surveys to try and reach their daily targets to get a bonus of 300 SB which if you buy one of the 620 SB gift cards is all of about £2.45.

Therefore why not stop doing them?

If enough people boycott them then Swagbucks might figure out they are going wrong somewhere!

Just do enough that you are happy for the reward that you get for the time expended.

I stopped chasing the bonus a couple of months ago. I could not see the point of spend 2 hours to get about a £1 on some days.
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• Scarlett
    Scarlett Posts: 315 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Merlin139 wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone has thought about this or not. We are all getting a bid fed up with the reduction in value of everything so why not do something about it. Is 15 or 20 minutes of your time worth 39 SB?

Most people are forced to attempt these surveys to try and reach their daily targets to get a bonus of 300 SB which if you buy one of the 620 SB gift cards is all of about £2.45.

Therefore why not stop doing them?

If enough people boycott them then Swagbucks might figure out they are going wrong somewhere!

Just do enough that you are happy for the reward that you get for the time expended.

I stopped chasing the bonus a couple of months ago. I could not see the point of spend 2 hours to get about a £1 on some days.

I'm inclined to agree. I was, until recently, able to reach the second daily goal with a tiny bit of effort. Not any more. It's just not as good value any more and I'm feeling less inclined to waste my time on it now...
  • economum
    economum Posts: 145 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I've just had a 60 SB instant on supermarkets :)

Now if we had something like that every day I'd be very happy...
  • MissPop
    MissPop Posts: 948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Happygreen wrote: »
    Even on PL I sometimes have to try 3 or 4 in a row before the 1 sb gets awarded. They are Nectar Surveys I believe (which coincidentally pay much better on Nectar)

Nectar surveys seem to be done by Valued Opinions, which pays much better still. For example I just clicked on a 15 minute Nectar survey for 60 points (30p) but the same 15 minute survey would be worth 75p on VO.

Make £2020 in 2020 - £263.78/£2020

2020 totals
    Swagbucks - £100 | Prolific Academic - £44.54 | Qmee - £10 | PopulusLive - £50

• Happygreen
    Happygreen Posts: 2,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Scarlett wrote: »
    I'm inclined to agree. I was, until recently, able to reach the second daily goal with a tiny bit of effort. Not any more. It's just not as good value any more and I'm feeling less inclined to waste my time on it now...

I don't bother chasing targets. If it happens, nice but I'm not losing any sleep over them as they just keep rising if I do. Many days I just tick the boxes and that's me done.
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
  • skyline
    skyline Posts: 149 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 March 2017 at 5:46PM
    MissPop wrote: »
    Nectar surveys seem to be done by Valued Opinions, which pays much better still. For example I just clicked on a 15 minute Nectar survey for 60 points (30p) but the same 15 minute survey would be worth 75p on VO.

I use Opinion Outpost instead of Nectar. They are both exactly the same as far as I can tell, except with Opinion Outpost you can redeem the points instantly for a gift certificate/paypal . The amount they pay isn't always great but you do occasionally get diary projects for £5+
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure