Swagbucks Challenge May 2013

Options

Comments

• TallerPaul
    TallerPaul Posts: 70 Forumite
    Options
    heads up folks i just got a phone call from 02073451299 after entering one of the Ipad give aways he said i was a winner, and how i would also get a minium of 10K in cash however this will be provided in 800 lottery tickets, then he mumbled something about direct debits, and then said since their not taking any payment off me they don't need any personal information this is not a scam phone call all they need is my sort code and my branch number which seemed fair enough....

So gave them my old sort code not the new one,,,,, then he asked for the 8 digit number which should be A/C i was like fook that and hung up and said my battery died

Basically setting up a direct debit without permission, i come from telephone inbound customer service background and i know you have to read out all the mandates and yer he was force selling using deception so just a heads up folks.

Done a little googling found out they don't give up and they phone people 20+ times and refuse to stop..... good thing i used my burner number :D which was from an offer of a free o2 simcard xD and their real site is

http://www.eurochance100.co.uk

Not the company their offer pretends to be as they wern't a 3rd party shared info
    September Challenge
    InstaGC Joint 3/6/13 = £250.00 tallerpaul.com
    Swagbucks £0/£10
    Neobux £0/£0 - they deleted me
  • fragmented
    fragmented Posts: 1,657 Forumite
    edited 29 May 2013 at 3:21PM
    Options
    For 4 Swag Bucks by 5pm BST enter TodaysSpecial under the Swag Code Safe Icon.

Ireland Swaggernauts, enter TVShow under the Swag Code Safe Icon before 5pm BST for 4 Swag Bucks.
  • Blackpepper1
    Blackpepper1 Posts: 655 Forumite
    Options
    fragmented wrote: »
    For 4 Swag Bucks by 5pm BST enter TodaysSpecial under the Swag Code Safe Icon.

Ireland Swaggernauts, enter TVShow under the Swag Code Safe Icon before 5pm BST for 4 Swag Bucks.

Thanks for the Swagbuck Code.
    Blogging and earning online.
  • paulshorse
    paulshorse Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    Options
    TallerPaul wrote: »
    heads up folks i just got a phone call from 02073451299 after entering one of the Ipad give aways he said i was a winner, and how i would also get a minium of 10K in cash however this will be provided in 800 lottery tickets, then he mumbled something about direct debits, and then said since their not taking any payment off me they don't need any personal information this is not a scam phone call all they need is my sort code and my branch number which seemed fair enough....

So gave them my old sort code not the new one,,,,, then he asked for the 8 digit number which should be A/C i was like fook that and hung up and said my battery died

Basically setting up a direct debit without permission, i come from telephone inbound customer service background and i know you have to read out all the mandates and yer he was force selling using deception so just a heads up folks.

Done a little googling found out they don't give up and they phone people 20+ times and refuse to stop..... good thing i used my burner number :D which was from an offer of a free o2 simcard xD and their real site is

http://www.eurochance100.co.uk

Not the company their offer pretends to be as they wern't a 3rd party shared info

Paul, are you on Facebook, if so would it be possible to post this on the Swagbucks UK facebook page as this is outrageous - we shouldn't have to be subjected to such scams in order to earn a few SB. I keep posting on there about scam or dodgy offers as and when we come across them as I don't want to see people ripped off. If you want then I will post a brief resume on there to warn everyone, but I don't want to do so without your consent
    Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
    Neobux - joined 15th April 2013 - Earned 2013 $695 PayPal
    2014 - Swagbucks £75 Neobux $102 Clixsense $67
    2014 goal £180/600
  • CathWales
    CathWales Posts: 3,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Deal Or No deal offer on homepage fo 20SB? I registered and played game, but no credit.
  • vjm63
    vjm63 Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    I also did that 'Deal or no deal' offer this morning - still not got anything fror it. Helpdesk call is in ...
  • silverfairy
    silverfairy Posts: 2,121 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes. no credit for me either.
  • mm123
    mm123 Posts: 666 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Another day and no daily survey..Offers are getting less and less jumping ship at the start of next month - this thread is now so quiet I think lots of people have moved onto pastures new.. I wonder where
  • LarLar
    LarLar Posts: 212 Forumite
    Options
    Not had a daily survey in like three days now.. and PL has only been coming up the two surveys that don't work about the last time i visited a supermarket.. i don't get a new daily survey card until 4.30pm so i'm thinking maybe that's why there is never any left?

sbtv here i come.. :(
    Goals (Christmas 2014 Journey Started 29th June 2014)
    Savings - £170 - £1,000 by 31/07/14
    Debt - £1,400 - £1,784 by 1/01/14
    Swag - 0,764/4,949sb 0/4 by 25/12/14 Freebies 0/100
    Online Earnings - £0.00 /£100 Vouchers - £0/£100
  • LarLar
    LarLar Posts: 212 Forumite
    edited 29 May 2013 at 5:30PM
    Options
    paulshorse wrote: »
    There is a toolbar for Chrome, but I uninstalled it as it made the browser go so slow that it was unusable. I have it on Firefox, though, and it works with no problems, so you may want to try that. There is also a 'plugin' for Chrome but I believe all that does is change your address bar so that any searches you do are through Swagbucks. Personally I don't want Swagbucks dictating who I search with, so the toolbar is a much better option
    Ahh i see :) it usually works fine for me, but i'm using it on mozilla right now. Thankyou
    Goals (Christmas 2014 Journey Started 29th June 2014)
    Savings - £170 - £1,000 by 31/07/14
    Debt - £1,400 - £1,784 by 1/01/14
    Swag - 0,764/4,949sb 0/4 by 25/12/14 Freebies 0/100
    Online Earnings - £0.00 /£100 Vouchers - £0/£100
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business