PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

£7.00 per week - menu ideas

Comments

• quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Excuse me for being rude but are you for real?

It is not exactly what I would expect to hear from someone who is really up against it, more from someone doing research into how little a family can live on.

These are only suitable for very short time, if you tried to live on them long term health problems will arise through lack of nutrients please remember that.

If you really are so short forgive me but there have been a few posts like your appearing over past few weeks and some sound genuine and some sound more like fishing expeditions.

Again if you are genuine forgive me.

I did wonder this myself as the op meantioned that she had read the living off £1 per day thread and i got the impression she things were a little tight altho maybe not that tight and she was wondering if it's acually possible.

Saying that these threads are very helpful to many people and alot of people tend to lurk on this site who may find this helpful.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • heavenleigh
    heavenleigh Posts: 906 Forumite
    Excuse me for being rude but are you for real?

It is not exactly what I would expect to hear from someone who is really up against it, more from someone doing research into how little a family can live on.

These are only suitable for very short time, if you tried to live on them long term health problems will arise through lack of nutrients please remember that.

If you really are so short forgive me but there have been a few posts like your appearing over past few weeks and some sound genuine and some sound more like fishing expeditions.

Again if you are genuine forgive me.

And breathe..... it actually came across quite genuinely for me, but also quite unappreciative of the people who took the time to sort out meal plans etc.
    At the end of the day we are all in it together and although manners cost nothing unfortunately some people dont bother xx
    I will save my tesco £1 savings stamps this year! .......so far = £50 (full card#1)
    Card #2 £6. I will not be skint at Chistmas this year!

Total £56
  • Even though I managed the first week I was upset that the only vegetables were frozen plus the lettuce and tomatoes, and I couldn't put fruit down because it is expensive, hardly you 5 a day is it?
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Butterfly_Brain Posts: 8,862 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Post of the Month
    edited 23 July 2012 at 10:53AM
    I find it sad that we no longer trust anyone, after all as others have said we are faceless friends. Anyone could so easily be a government spy trying to see just how far they can cut benefits back to the bare bones, I know it sounds paranoid, but I really do not trust any of our political parties any more.
    What a sad country we are living in now , it is getting more like the 18th and 19th centuries and not at all what we should be expecting or accepting in the 21st century. I don't think that I will bother doing another menu plan now - this has caused me to suspect the op, awful I know, but she hasn't posted any feedback yet, which is making me wonder.
    I remember when Bernadine Lawrence wanted to have her benefits cookbook "Feed your family for £4 a day" published, she was warned that the government would use that as a weapon to keep benefits down by saying that people could live on their "generous" pay out :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • prepareathome
    prepareathome Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    BB that is how I feel and it angers me if someone is spying to see if benefits can be cut even more by asking people to give up their time to help someone pretending to be in need - if the OP is genuine then as I said I am sorry, but that quipt about mse's enjoying a challenge is what rang alarm bells for me......and I hate the thought of people here being so good as to come up with food plans to live on such a small amount and then maybe it being used against them ( meaning everyone on benefits).

This is a fantastic forum, with so many, many genuine people like you and all who replied to the op and on other threads.

I hate being so suspicious but cannot but help it nowadays.

Its true this thread is great for others who are in need so its a good thing its been started as others have put some thought into helping - sorry not me my mind is a blank at moment as I am to used to always have at least something in the store cupboard its hard to think from a blank slate with so little to spend.
    Need to get back to getting finances under control now kin kid at uni as savings are zilch

Fashion on a ration coupon 2021 - 21 left
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    ... I don't think that I will bother doing another menu plan now - this has caused me to suspect the op, awful I know, but she hasn't posted any feedback yet, which is making me wonder. ...

I was a bit suspicious too but my immediate thought was that it might be a journalist researching for an article or someone researching for a book; sadly we've seen this before on OS so we do well to be suspicious I think
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Butterfly_Brain Posts: 8,862 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Post of the Month
    edited 23 July 2012 at 11:15AM
    Oh I am getting angry now, but more than that hurt, that someone could take advantage of the lovely O'sers who spend their time helping others, It had honestly not crossed my mind that this could be a government mole or someone picking our brains and making money out of us .............It just stinks and makes me not want to help anymore
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    that convinces me the op is not genuine - two newbies posting here and they're not regulars on os; maybe its one of the sad people from other parts of the forum who thinks its fun to wind os'ers up.... way too much time on their hands :D
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • Boodle
    Boodle Posts: 1,050 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Oh I am getting angry now, but more than that hurt, that someone could take advantage of the lovely O'sers who spend their time helping others, It had honestly not crossed my mind that this could be a government mole or someone picking our brains and making money out of us .............It just stinks and makes me not want to help anymore

I think rather than government spies, it is possibly article writers/wannabe authors or, more likely, very bored people with lots of time on the hands who "take advantage" on forums like these. This sort of person springs to mind:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jun/13/syrian-lesbian-blogger-tom-macmaster
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2155831/Blogger-exposes-woman-tricked-hundreds-people-weaving-web-fictional-social-network-accounts-11-years.html

I wouldn't worry about it. Like you said, there are plenty of people who genuinely need help so don't let it discourage you ;) x
    Love and compassion to all x
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    Please don't let them make you feel that way. :(
    Your posts have helped me a lot in the few months I have been here.
    I don't know what I would do without OS and all the lovely people that post both advice and just to help keep peoples spirits up. :)
    I don't know if this thread was some type of con but it has helped me and I am sure plenty other people who read it. x
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income