Monument Credit Card

Comments

• techspec
    techspec Posts: 4,464 Forumite
    HAVEFAITH wrote: »
    Hi peeps,

I am having majortrouble getting any replies from MONUMENT, with regard to retrieving Credit Card charges. They are ignoring all letters (sent by RD too & have been signed for according to the Royal Mail website) .... any tips from anyone please?:mad:

Are you after statements or have you requested the money?
  • Hi to fellow Monument victims!

I have only just started - sent the first letter/s and postal order/s out yesterday (8th November 2007) !:cheesy:

(1)
    It has only just dawned on me that I should have sent the statement request letters (to 3 different credit card companies and my old bank) by Recorded Delivery - dumb I know!
    However, I still have the receipts from the Post Office to prove I paid them by Postal Order.

Is this going to matter??? Am I going to have to write the cost of the Postal Orders off to experience and send the whole lot again by Recorded Delivery? What a muppet?

(2)
    I still have a few old statements and can see a variable "Payment break plan" charge of about £5-£7 on a £1008.21 balance.
    I can't remember what this charge was about? (we are talking a 2005 statement after all)
    Anybody know? Do I claim this back as well?

(3)
    I am in this for the long haul!!!!!!!
    I am speaking from experience when I say to other victims DON'T give up and DON'T be worried about going to Court! We found the Court/Insolvency Service people to be most helpful and friendly - even the Judge was OK...

I know what I am talking about as the family and I have been to Hell and back including separate Bankruptcy for my Wife and I for £22k.
    We were forced into this by ill health and these companies preyed on our misfortune:exclamati No matter how long it takes I will have MY money back:angry:

(4)
    The great news is that we are clear of ALL debt and have been discharged.
    We have a frugal lifestyle and NO credit history and don't need any Credit - we are managing to keep our heads above water and live within our budget.
    I don't mean to brag but we even SAVE some money every month with our local Credit Union.

I WISH YOU ALL GOOD LUCK:j
  • Maranman wrote: »
    (2)
    I still have a few old statements and can see a variable "Payment break plan" charge of about £5-£7 on a £1008.21 balance.
    I can't remember what this charge was about? (we are talking a 2005 statement after all)
    Anybody know? Do I claim this back as well?

Payment Break Plan covers losing your job, going into hospital etc and they freeze your balance for something like three years if your claim is successful.

The cover is charged as a percentage of your balance - the more you owe, the more the cover costs.

They typically give you back 6 months to a years worth without too many questions asked if you say you think the plan may have been mis-sold to you.
  • HAVEFAITH wrote: »
    Hi peeps,

I am having majortrouble getting any replies from MONUMENT, with regard to retrieving Credit Card charges. They are ignoring all letters (sent by RD too & have been signed for according to the Royal Mail website) .... any tips from anyone please?:mad:

Make sure it is their Crawley address you are posting them too.

Call them up and ask for their fax number if you have copies you can fax.
  • techspec wrote: »

Statements
    "onwards & upwards"
  • Hi peeps ... seasons greetings to u all!

I have perservered and found a contact number for Monument

Freephone 0800 2794783 or 0845 0820082

I am awaiting a call back to get 6 years of statements, so lets see what happens. Getting anything out of Monument is proving a task!
    "onwards & upwards"
  • Make sure it is their Crawley address you are posting them too.

Call them up and ask for their fax number if you have copies you can fax.

Monument Visa
    Portland Building
    25 High Street
    Crawley
    West Sussex RH10 1BG

Monument is a trading name of CompuCredit UK
  • techspec wrote: »

Statements
    "onwards & upwards"
  • Payment Break Plan covers losing your job, going into hospital etc and they freeze your balance for something like three years if your claim is successful.

The cover is charged as a percentage of your balance - the more you owe, the more the cover costs.

They typically give you back 6 months to a years worth without too many questions asked if you say you think the plan may have been mis-sold to you.

Hi all, I tried to claim back my Payment Break Plan and they said its not insurance and is not subject to the GISC private code. Does anyone know what this means? I have had this monument card form Dec 2005, and i got statements showing that i been paying this Payment Break Plan from then, but when i sent the first letter about reclaiming PPI they said I phoned them on the 5 Jan 2007 and my card was activated and i was enrolled in the optional payment break plan. Very strange.

Any ideas?
  • Welsh_Adey wrote: »
    Hi all. Just thought I would post to let you know that I am claiming my charges and PPI cover back from Monument. Looks like it could take some time. Will keep you all posted.

I have a stupid question, who do you make the Cheque payable to when sending it for the data protection thingy, I have just addressed it to "Monument Credit Card Services", is that wrong or right.

cheers

Thought I would give you all an update. I put a claim in for £320 plus £36.05 intereset. They offored me £44 in part settlement, bascially the differen from the old chard to the new £12 pound one. Most my charges came in 2006 after the FSO said £12 is more fair. Today I have sent them a letter that i am not happy with the £44, but am will to take the £320 (i.e. no intreset) if they pay me wihtin 2 weeks. If not i will take them to court.

I have seen a lot of people talkng about a number for the legal team, can someone post it here.

Also have any of you tried to claim back you Paymen Break Plan cover?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure