Leapforce

Comments

• caitchbee
    caitchbee Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Started this afternoon when I came to the conclusion I had to do it sometime so just took a deep breath and did it. Wow. My head hurts! I really love the work actually but it is quite overwhelming and yes Pinkdebster, I am feeling like I'll never be able to get the hang of it but I realise that it will get easier the more I do. I think I am probably thinking too hard about it and spending too long agonising over what I'm doing and as a consequence probably taking too long on each task.
  • PurplePow
    PurplePow Posts: 1,143 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Did anyone else wait weeks to get their exam? The last I heard was on Feb 18th after doing the application. The email is about the qualification process and saying it may take time to review - but it seems others are quickly receving their exams! Lionbridge was quicker than this.
  • PurplePow
    PurplePow Posts: 1,143 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    PurplePow wrote: »
    Did anyone else wait weeks to get their exam? The last I heard was on Feb 18th after doing the application. The email is about the qualification process and saying it may take time to review - but it seems others are quickly receving their exams! Lionbridge was quicker than this.

Just searched my spam and have an email from them asking how long I have been resident in the country I am applying for (since birth!). Strange! Replied now but hoping it goes smoothly now.
  • desidoh
    desidoh Posts: 17 Forumite
    Hi all

For those of you that have started working on the Leapforce tasks, can I just ask what time tracking tool you are using? I'm about to dip my toe into the water but all the reading etc has made my head hurt (just like caitchbee!)
  • caitchbee
    caitchbee Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    desidoh wrote: »
    Hi all

For those of you that have started working on the Leapforce tasks, can I just ask what time tracking tool you are using? I'm about to dip my toe into the water but all the reading etc has made my head hurt (just like caitchbee!)

So far I've just been using paper! I make a note of my start and end time and then transfer it to a spreadsheet.
  • PurplePow wrote: »
    Just searched my spam and have an email from them asking how long I have been resident in the country I am applying for (since birth!). Strange!

I had the same question asked of me and also replied that it was all my life.

A couple of days later they asked me to confirm exactly how many years that was :)

I had assumed they had my date of birth on the application but I guess not.
    If you're not scared, you're not paying attention
  • desidoh
    desidoh Posts: 17 Forumite
    caitchbee wrote: »
    So far I've just been using paper! I make a note of my start and end time and then transfer it to a spreadsheet.

Thanks caitchbee, that's what I did today too! I just wondered if anyone else used something more hi-tech. I know the Lionbridge raters tend to use a specific Lionbridge task control software.

I will stick with my spreadsheet then!
  • doink
    doink Posts: 23 Forumite
    I wonder if 'prior experience' is a good thing to check or not. I know lionbridge don't really want that - otherwise they would renew contracts with former workers, instead of fresh recruitment. I don't know, maybe it's best not to check that box.
  • Pinkdebster
    Pinkdebster Posts: 397 Forumite
    doink wrote: »
    I wonder if 'prior experience' is a good thing to check or not. I know lionbridge don't really want that - otherwise they would renew contracts with former workers, instead of fresh recruitment. I don't know, maybe it's best not to check that box.

I admitted to working for Lionbridge on my application and have just passed the exam with Leapforce and have been accepted so don't think this is an issue................

With regards to recording time, I tried the electronic time-recording gadget but just couldn't get on with it. I stuck with pen and paper and an an excel spreadsheet for eleven months and it worked just fine. I never had an issue with my timekeeping as many others did.
  • lexilex
    lexilex Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    doink wrote: »

I really don't recommend this. I was totally upfront about my work with Lionbridge and it was a good job I was because I had problems accessing the exam due to having an account with LB previously.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure