MyHermes, advice needed

We've been in all day so far & when DH went into our porch, he found a calling card from My Hermes saying they've left a parcel in our garage.

Firstly, our garage is secure so can't be opened from the outside, that said, we've checked around the outside of our house and there is nothing there. Secondly, there is no tracking number or any other details, like our name, address or date on the card.

So, I went onto their website and called the phone number, I entered the eight digit bar code, which isn't recognised. I went into their live chat but because I don't have a tracking number, I can't submit the request. Im now totally stuck with trying to contact them to speak to someone, can anyone advise what my next step would be please?

I should add, none of us are expecting a delivery of anything.

Many thanks.

Comments

• BrassicWoman
    BrassicWoman Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    is it in your neighbours garage?
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
  • lady1964
    lady1964 Posts: 955 Forumite
    is it in your neighbours garage?

Not according to the card, I will go & ask them though.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 March 2017 at 7:54PM
    A my hermes bar code is 16 digits-not eight
    Have you tried contacting the seller to ask for the reference
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    hollydays wrote: »

The barcodes on the calling cards are eight digits.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Why is this in PVW - it seems to be none of them..?
  • Maybe it's a warning regarding the courier not delivering what he says he has.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    hollydays wrote: »

OP says they arent expecting anything so cant contact the seller.
  • lady1964
    lady1964 Posts: 955 Forumite
    Sorry looks like issue solved, DD had something delivered yesterday, seems card was left over. That doesn't however excuse the dreadful lack of information on the card & the fact a customer is unable to speak to a human on the phone or have a live chat because the courier hasn't put the relevant information on his/her calling card. Why would anyone choose Hermes to deliver their parcel? Total !!!!! company
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    lady1964 wrote: »
    Why would anyone choose Hermes to deliver their parcel?

Cheap!

• London50
    London50 Posts: 1,850 Forumite
    lady1964 wrote: »
    Sorry looks like issue solved, DD had something delivered yesterday, seems card was left over. That doesn't however excuse the dreadful lack of information on the card & the fact a customer is unable to speak to a human on the phone or have a live chat because the courier hasn't put the relevant information on his/her calling card. Why would anyone choose Hermes to deliver their parcel? Total !!!!! company

The customer has no rights with the carrier only the company/person that supplied the goods has that and it is up to the supplier to sort it out with them.
    As for being {in your words} a Total !!!!! company I have MANY items delivered by them and in over the last 7/8 years have only had 3 deliveries not arrive and each time contacting the supplier has resulted in replacements being sent and delivered by Hermes {the items were "lost" in the national hub each time}
    I do agree that depending on the Hermes courier more info could be put on the card but in fairness to them as they only get paid per parcel, if they have a large round the time it takes to first check if the parcel can be put elsewhere before putting a card through eats into the delivery times and that into the small "wage" they make so we can just sit in our places waiting for the knock:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure