Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    a nsd-stay-home-potter-think-plan day :)

cleaning:
    cooker hob
    dining room table

food prep:
    made houmous with butter beans (yummy)

food related:
    threw away truffles (a waste but i lost control around them. i won’t buy them again)
    drank lots of water today

the dining table looks so much better. flowers cut from the garden and pretty napkins complete the look. so much more pleasant to sit at! why isn’t it always like this?

typed up a morning and evening routine courtesy of flylady. this alone should help with keeping control of the house.it does not include extensive cleaning apart from cleaning bath, dishes and loo. it’s more about organisation, but it’s a good place to start.

hope you had a lovely sunday :)
    DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow DIA, how organised are you? Are you sorting out any workshops?? :D

I'm so disorganised at the moment! It's shocking how much these extra hours have hit me, but I'm slowly getting there.

Sorry to read you've been poorly. Are you back to 100% yet?

MTxx
  • Jumblerina
    Jumblerina Posts: 195 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hey DIA,

Just read your diary for start to finish, what a great read and a transformation you've undergone! You're doing so well and your goal setting has really inspired me :) keep up the great work!

Jumblerina
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Feeling much better now thanks MT. It’s so nice to be pain-free. I am trying re organisation but i still have a (very) long way to go…:o

A good WFH day. I came up with an idea at a team meeting so I shouldn't have been surprised that it has been allocated to me :cool:
    I did it and I think I did it well. :T

This is my 3rd NSD in a row coincides with my 3rd no exercise at all day so mixed blessings there :o

Drudgery:
    ironing done and packed away
    washing done and on line x1
    blankets washed and on line x1
    washing-up done, dried and packed away x1 x1
    parcel packed for the post office

I’ve been using up what I have. Today, its sausages, spinach, new potatoes and baked beans. I added the frozen spinach to a tin of baked beans and fresh garlic and paprika and a little chilli. ;) I will use left over potatoes to make a tortilla tomorrow. I don’t have any more fruit but I ate an orange earlier so that will have to do. I will shop for fruits and veggies before work tomorrow

Tonight I should be going to yoga. In fact I want to finish a book and watch a bit of TV, sloth that I am :o

Wishing you all a wonderful week, or failing that a good-enough week :)

DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Jumblerina wrote: »
    Hey DIA,

Just read your diary for start to finish, what a great read and a transformation you've undergone! You're doing so well and your goal setting has really inspired me :) keep up the great work!

Jumblerina
    Thanks Jumblerina. Really appreciate you reading my diary. :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Options
    Glad you are feeling better now DIA :T

Yay to work ideas and doing a good job. I'd love to know what you do cause I'm jealous of people that can work from home! Although I'd probably get no work done so maybe I do need to leave my house and go to work :)

Here's to good (enough) week :D
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Thanks Orange Ena,
    I am lucky to be able to WFH I know. I like the days I go in too (apart from the travel) :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I am having my 4th NSD in a row today. I have never managed this before...

I don’t have any fresh fruit and veggies left but 1 day without these won’t kill me or give me scurvy. My coffee supplies have almost finished too. :eek: Six months ago this situation would have triggered panic, not so now.

White potatoes and MnS frozen potato rosti was too much simple carb yesterday and triggered a very hungry me. Today I began with bacon, eggs, baked beans and spinach. A bigger breakfast works for me. I’ll make lentil, tomato and spinach soup for lunch. I have prunes if I need a sweet snack. I’ll make a beef ragu for later and have with brown rice and spinach

Lately I’ve been thinking about the things I have learned on my debt free journey that have nothing to do with money. For example, my meals don’t have to be perfect all the time and neither does my life for that matter. OK, is good enough sometimes.

I’m WFH today so hoping to get other stuff besides work done in the background

Tonight I am going to zumba. I am. I am. I am. Maybe.

Have a good day reader!
    DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I am having my 4th NSD in a row today. I have never managed this before...
    Tonight I am going to zumba. I am. I am. I am. Maybe.

I've mentioned before how I like myself when I do the things I say I am going to do, when I keep my commitments to myself? Well, I have today :) I had my first 4th NSD in a row :Tand I actually went to zumba. :T

I hope you had a good day
    DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • milasavesmoney
    Options
    I'm having a proud smiley moment for you!!!!! :T:T
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories