Iii

Options

Comments

• MrGumby
    MrGumby Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Having read lots of negative stuff about iii here, I thought I should add a note to say my transfer from AXA went very well. It was easy to apply and the transfer to iii was completed in 4 weeks, thanks partly to excellent service from AXA who are very good but pricey and with a limited range of funds available (no Investment Trusts at all, unless I'm much mistaken).
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,413 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    as an iii customer, we are covered properly?

http://www.iii.co.uk/international-investing
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    Options
    from iii: "Your SIPP is now approaching its next anniversary,.....
    In the meantime, we will be collecting the coming years annual fee of 120 GBP + VAT, a total of 144 GBP, on 10 March 2017. To maximise the tax advantages of your pension€s tax-free growth we will debit this from your Trading Account."

i only have £30 in my Trading Account. are folks here putting cash into their TA to cover the SIPP fee? and we get our ISAs fee-free by having our SIPP with them, is that still the case?
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,275 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    planteria wrote: »
    from iii: "Your SIPP is now approaching its next anniversary,.....
    In the meantime, we will be collecting the coming years annual fee of 120 GBP + VAT, a total of 144 GBP, on 10 March 2017. To maximise the tax advantages of your pension€s tax-free growth we will debit this from your Trading Account."

i only have £30 in my Trading Account. are folks here putting cash into their TA to cover the SIPP fee? and we get our ISAs fee-free by having our SIPP with them, is that still the case?
    To maximise tax advantages:

SIPP > Trading account > ISA
  • planteria
    Options
    it's been a long day masonic.. what do you mean?
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    planteria wrote: »
    it's been a long day masonic.. what do you mean?

He means that's the order in preference for paying fees and charges.

You get tax relief on your pension, so the government might sort of be paying 20%, trading has no tax relief,whereas is a is taxed but grows tax free.

The new dividend allowance and potentially cgt tax allowance might make the difference between is a and trading account somewhat moot but the overall principle stands.
  • planteria
    Options
    sorry for being slow, yes.. so, ideally we would get the platform to take fees from our SIPPs..
    i currently have £20 in my SIPP, £30 in my TA and £10k in my ISA. as you can see from their message, iii start with looking to take the fee from TAs.
  • ctdctd
    ctdctd Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    My iii SIPP message says " If your Trading account is fully invested, or there are insufficient funds available, then we will attempt to collect the fee from your SIPP account instead. If there are insufficient funds in both of these accounts we will attempt to collect from your registered debit card."
    Do Money Saving sites make you buy more bargains - and spend more money?
  • LHW99
    LHW99 Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I asked II why they kept trying to take their charge from the trading account / debit card, when there is always enough cash in the SIPP - and got the reply that they couldn't take it from the SIPP!

I don't have an ISA with them
  • planteria
    Options
    ctdctd wrote: »
    My iii SIPP message says " If your Trading account is fully invested, or there are insufficient funds available, then we will attempt to collect the fee from your SIPP account instead. If there are insufficient funds in both of these accounts we will attempt to collect from your registered debit card."

mine doesn't say that.. but i have made a payment to my SIPP to enable to payment to be taken from there, sent the paper form, and send them a message to advise. i'll be pleasantly surprised if they manage it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure