Vanquis interest charges reclaim

Hello there
I’m looking for some advice please re reclaiming from vanquis for interest charges, cash interest, purchase interest. I wrote to them regarding the repayment option plan which they’ve said I was never on and and they’ve sent a list of my transactions. Approx £450 worth of transactions are listed but undisclosed in the description box so I’ve asked for details and approx £1600 worth of charges have been applied which I’ve asked them to explain also. Am I entitled to any of this back? Has anyone successfully reclaimed?
Thanks, Clare

Comments

• No, you're not entitled to interest or fees back.

Their repayment plan isn't considered PPI, so you're unlikely to be able to successfully complain about that.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,040
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Am I entitled to any of this back?

No. No entitlement exists.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Cm17 wrote: »
    I wrote to them regarding the repayment option plan which they’ve said I was never on
    Repayment Option Plan (ROP) is still being investigated by the FSA, but if you didn't have this there doesn't appear any justification for you to demand interest and charges be refunded to you.
    Indeed, even ROP is still in use-just suspended for new customers while the regulator conducts an investigation.
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/cards/2017/08/vanquis-bank-investigated-over-credit-card-repayment-offer-
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure