Tired of this cycle!

13»

Comments

• One really positive thing about this SOA is that you've used your partner's minimum income rather than his average income. What's the actual range there? What can he earn on a good month? I'm asking because it gives you some options. If you can get your SOA to balance to zero on the current figures, then every time your partner earns more than that $600 you can chuck the extra at a card (snowballing is your friend here! Pick the smallest balance, since they're all on 0% and get rid) and start building up an emergency fund. I'd probably put the excess 50:50 to card and EF for now until you have an EF of £500, then start chucking it all at the cards.

I agree with SORNing the second car - I think it's important that you don't feel like you've had to give up everything and your partner nothing - which will mean you don't need to put aside those bits of money for road tax and MOT just yet and cut down the groceries and entertainment until it just about balances. That way, your partner's extra income can go straight towards improving the overall situation.

One last question: how's Christmas looking for you this year? Will it add to the debt?
    MFW diary here. 1 Feb 2017 $229,371 - MFD Feb 2043 :eek: aiming for May 2028
    14 August 2017 - Refinanced: $220,000
    January 2019 $211,580 Current MFD 31 June 2036
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family