Dealing through claims advisors

After successfully claiming back PPI from several banks and cards we were approached by a claims firm saying they thought we could claim from other banks. So we said carry on. Filled out the forms and now here we are 3 years later still filling out forms.
Today we have received a letter from the bank concerned to say they are looking into the complaint but they will no longer deal with it through the claims firm. At the same time the claims firm are telling us not to deal directly with the bank.
Anyone else had a similar experience. What should we do.?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Deal directly with the bank but remember to still pay the claims company at the end.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,038
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Deal directly with the bank. All a CMC does is put a stamp on the envelope containing your complaint. They dont get involved after that. They just sit back and bill you once there is a payout.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • AWCONSMAN
    AWCONSMAN Posts: 10
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Do you think it is worth writing to the claims company and ask what their fees are so far as we don't want to proceed with them any longer?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,038
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    AWCONSMAN wrote: »
    Do you think it is worth writing to the claims company and ask what their fees are so far as we don't want to proceed with them any longer?

Your contract should state the cancellation terms.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure