Best wellyboot forward. Pips frugal edible garden adventures.

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    How about the muddly lassie at the welllyboot cottage.

I dispatched over 1000 sleeping snowdrops this week - shudders.

Evil little slumbering snowies

That is a LOT of snowdrops! And of course, Snowdrop Manor is simply the work address! :p
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Ha - its been called many things but not that.

:)

And tonights mega cookathon reaped

13 lunch tubs of soup (tomato/courgette/leek) italian stylee beefed up with meatballs, or chicken or ham as himself is getting into the soup vibe but is still grumblesome if there's nae meat in it. Now in freezer - I know 13 is too many but the tomatoes etc were ready and it shouted soup to me once combined with a chicken carcass for stock.

Made a lush thai curry with a reduced packet of spices - rice reduced from donation table.

Cooked enough rice to portion and freeze as the advice has changed on that one. Portioned into cups/worth.

TRG is still in t'office as he's working on msc assignment and it needs scanned so he's got roasties and leftover roast dinner pie waiting for him.

DS had nachos (what else).

Some good bargains today mushies 40p, celery 19p, lettuce 19p and a pork tenderloin for 1.67

House is bloody noisy with all the tattie lorries rumbling by = good for harvvest but not good for doggies.

Doggie hair cut at local place £10 cheaper than in town so will try them again.

Slurping free apple juice from work - its lush - must go and check banks etc
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    ...today mushies 40p, celery 19p, lettuce 19p and a pork tenderloin for 1.67...

Oooo - bargain envy happening here!

The best I've done lately is 2 ready meal GFY chicken and shroom pies at 1.20 each and 2 packets of puff pastry for 70p each - which reminds me we have hand pies in the plans today to use up the chick & veg leftovers from the freezer (don't tell OH that it's made from leftovers & bargains - he'll eat anything if I make it sound posh or creative)

...and Pips... wot the hae are mushies? I'm mightily perplexed!;):D
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    Oooo - bargain envy happening here!

The best I've done lately is 2 ready meal GFY chicken and shroom pies at 1.20 each and 2 packets of puff pastry for 70p each - which reminds me we have hand pies in the plans today to use up the chick & veg leftovers from the freezer (don't tell OH that it's made from leftovers & bargains - he'll eat anything if I make it sound posh or creative)

...and Pips... wot the hae are mushies? I'm mightily perplexed!;):D

Bargainous puff pastry there RT! I'm going to guess that mushies will be mushrooms? I do love a 'shroom or several! :T
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • Oh I thought it meant mushy peas. :rotfl:

Laundry room and cabinets are now painted and I'm really loving how it turned out. We are waiting to tile until my DD2 is gone and takes her pooches with her. They need to have access to the doggy door and it's in the laundry room.
    My workman gave me the bill and it's almost half what I figured. :j:j:j

Kitchen work starts next week.:eek:
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • rtandon27
    Laugh of the evening...

OH is having a 'fusion food' chip butty...

Consists of a buttered indian flat bread filled with leftover chip shop chips!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

...but then again, this morning I had poached eggs with leftover pulled pork in indian flat bread...

We do eat some weird food in this house these days!
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
  • Our dinner was food given to us from a Mexican fiesta. Comida deliciosa!
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • rtandon27
    Hand-pies turned out really well!:j:j:j

It's a case of Pips'magic rubberising the chicken! It was sunday roast a few weeks ago, bones & skin got made into broth & leftover meat+veg into 16 pies - good use of a full price chicken!

We have another chook coming in the groceries today - might make a regular pie with the leftovers of that one.
  • rtandon27 wrote: »
    Hand-pies turned out really well!:j:j:j

It's a case of Pips'magic rubberising the chicken! It was sunday roast a few weeks ago, bones & skin got made into broth & leftover meat+veg into 16 pies - good use of a full price chicken!

We have another chook coming in the groceries today - might make a regular pie with the leftovers of that one.

Wow that may just be one of the finest chicken rubberisations ever! Well done!
    she/her
  • That's a lot of snowdrops dispatched, Snow(drop) Queen!

Loving all the bargains! I don't seem to have come across any really good ones in a while.

Mila so glad it all looks good and less expensive than expected too - bonus!

rtandon it all sounds good to me, I like weird combinations too - people often laugh at the things I eat for breakfast (I'm not at all keen on cereals)

OH was going to mow the grass the other day before the rain came. The mower started up OK but as soon as he pushed it into the grass it petered out so he came in looking for help. Turned out the governor springs had gone saggy (no I didn't know what they were either, until now). No time to look for replacement so we botched a temporary repair with a couple of elastic bands!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure