Unlock your ZTE 627 Mobile Broadband Dongle (the free one from MicroP) for FREE!

MyUserNamesTaken
MyUserNamesTaken Posts: 4,486 Forumite
edited 22 May 2009 at 2:23PM in Broadband & internet access
YES, YOU CAN UNLOCK THESE FOR FREE (these are the ones you can get free from http://www.3dongle4free.co.uk/ - just pay £4.95) :

Everything you need to unlock this dongle can be found here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/235523732/ZTE2.rar.html

Just download the files and follow the instructions. Also works on earlier versions. Please take care when doing this, as it involves flashing the firmware on your device. If you don't follow the instructions correctly, you could end up bricking your dongle. You choose to flash your dongle at your own risk.

Thanks to FastEddie and Harlzter over at HUKD.

A full global list of Mobile Broadband provider settings can be found here:

http://www.vysoo.com/apn.php#403
In a rut? Can't get out? Don't know why?
It's time to make that change.
Cover up all the pain in your life
With our new product range.
So please don't feel blue - let us show you how
To talk yourself into a good mood right now.
Feeling sad is no longer allowed,
No matter how worthless you are.

Comments

• benjus
    benjus Posts: 5,433 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Excellent find! Just to clarify, the ZTE627 is the dongle being sold for £5 (http://www.3dongle4free.co.uk/) so for a few quid you can have an unlocked dongle ready to use with any data-enabled SIM card from any network!

Sadly it's a bit late for me, having already paid £13 to DC-unlocker.:sad:
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
  • happyhunter
    happyhunter Posts: 376 Forumite
    great post! unlocked the 3 dongle in 20 mins. Remember to use Win 2000/XP and not Vista. Also, if using the Connection Manager that comes with the attachment, don't forget to include *99# in the 'dial' box.
  • Plushchris
    Plushchris Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    I've unlocked it, got an O2 iphone sim but how do I put credit on it? Put it in a regular mobile?
    Missing Tesco R&R since Feb '07 :A & now a "Tesco veteran" apparently! ;)
  • great post! unlocked the 3 dongle in 20 mins. Remember to use Win 2000/XP and not Vista. Also, if using the Connection Manager that comes with the attachment, don't forget to include *99# in the 'dial' box.

Works fine with Vista too...I used a Vista laptop to do it earlier today without any issues.
  • Plushchris wrote: »
    I've unlocked it, got an O2 iphone sim but how do I put credit on it? Put it in a regular mobile?

I guess so.
  • happyhunter
    happyhunter Posts: 376 Forumite
    Works fine with Vista too...I used a Vista laptop to do it earlier today without any issues.

That's good to know. I haven't tried it on Vista because the document said not to and will brick the dongle.
  • Plushchris wrote: »

Get a swipe card from O2 and register it with your SIM in a phone, after this you can top up with the swipe card at any shop which offers topups. It will be credited to your balance without needing to fiddle about with codes.
  • andyuk1
    andyuk1 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Good Tip.

I bought the Three Dongle for £4.95 and then unlocked it with the link on this forum. Then i realised that if you get a pay as you go Three Sim( off ebay 49p or £2 Three Shop) and top it up with £10 for voice calls which doesn't expire, you can use their Add On package to add Mobile Internet for 50p per day. This saves you having to spend £10 and having to use it up before it expires. The SIM that comes with the Dongle won't let you do this however a PAYG Sim does.:money:
  • cagey76
    cagey76 Posts: 77 Forumite
    Add On package to add Mobile Internet for 50p per day

Is that package unlimited bandwidth ? I am looking for the cheapest option to get me surfing ability 8 hours a day (share prices on a laptop at work during the internet crackdown we are having)
  • Jemma-T
    Jemma-T Posts: 1,546 Forumite
    Took 26 mins to reflash the drive on a 4GB 1000mhz RAM / Core2Duo system -so a warning to anyone doing this, let it finish its job and it'll be perfect.

Have people used the reflashed software or used another?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure