greent's mfw journey

Options

Comments

• Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    That's excellent decluttering Greent, but I agree, eBay can get very tedious.

I've had a break due to being on holiday, but I've listed quite a lot over the last few days. If it sells, my decluttering figures will begin to creep up.
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have started just giving stuff away. Ebay is becoming really not worth it.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I normally do quite well on ebay but had listed lots of Thomas Brio stuff which didn't sell. I'll give it another go when I get another FLW (hopefully this weekend) and then might stick it on one more time as a job lot (currently split up) Can't be bothered to list any new stuff though - not that I've got anything in my 'to list' pile at present, thinking about it! - I've either sold it all or given it away already!! :D

Another beautiful day here. We're just about to have an early-ish quick lunch and then the small 2 and I are off to the cinema to see 'Home'. We'll take some Easter goodies for munching!

Have made a spinach/ mushroom/ chickpea curry for dinner later - will serve with cauliflower 'rice' - bought 3 caulis at bargain price of 10p each so need to use them!!! :D:D

Have also made some laundry gloop with some foaming bath confetti found lurking in the garage. Should work ok.......

Last ebay buyer has just paid so I'm off to parcel it up and can then post it on way home from cinema! :)

x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That sounds a lovely day, greent :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Alchemilla
    Options
    Will the laundry gloop make your laundry glittery?
  • greent
    Options
    Alchemilla wrote: »
    Will the laundry gloop make your laundry glittery?

No - there was no glitter in the confetti - although glittery laundry sounds fun (not sure the almost 15yo son would agree though! :D) It *is* an alarming colour, though - my laundry gloop is usually white. This (thankfully small!) batch is very similar in colour to Dulux's 'Electric Green'....:eek: Perhaps I'll have to separate my washing for once and just use it on the darks.....:rotfl:
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
  • greent
    Options
    Blowing a hoolie outside today, so plans have changed - OH and DS1 were meant to be repainting the back fence (currently blue - urgh - we've never painted it in the 9.5 years we've been here and the d@mn stuff won't fade!!) Autumn Gold or similar. Took ages to do 2 panels (only another 18 to go - thankfully about 10 were done last year when they were changed!) and it's not really covering it - so will need several coats. Have googled to see if there is anything which will easily cover the blue up, and it doesn't appear that there is :( Grrrrrrr!!!:mad: Anyway, it was too cold for them to be out for much longer. That's also why I didn't finish planting all of my potatoes and I didn't start on any fence stuff myself! Washing dried very quickly though!!:rotfl::T

It's a bit of a 'meh' day here. 3 of the children go back to school tomorrow and we all seem to be dis-inclined to do anything much. DD is revising for A2s, DS1 playing [EMAIL="Minecr@ft"]Minecr@ft[/EMAIL], DS2 & DS3 Lego and OH was watching the grandprix (he wasn't up early enough this morning, unlike me) - but I suspect he's now snoozing!;) I *should* be tidying the kitchen - it's a mess. I can't quite be bothered, though! Procrastinating on here is much more fun!!:p:D I *have* prepped dinner and tidied out the baking ingredients shelf and the mugs cupboard, though!:D Have also sold a couple more things on ebay which I need to update my sales figs with. There's just a handful of items on there left to run their course now.

Food spending appears to have got out of hand in the past couple of weeks - cupboards, fridge and freezer are all groaning. Have told everyone we're on a use it up mission - my part of the deal is to not buy more supplies than necessary!!!! Can't say I won't do any shopping, as we'll obv need milk, f&v (though can limit this and try and use up some of the many packs of nuts and dried fruit in the cupboard in lunchboxes) yogurts and ham & bacon at the very least (have 13 unopened packs of cheese in the fridge :o:o, so that should see us through April!! And also have 2 dozen eggs - which may or may not last) *theoretically* that should be all I need to buy - but there's no way it will be!!! There are 18 days left, so a budget of £180 to cover all supermarket / food type shopping should be plenty - let's see.......:rotfl:

We currently have excess funds swimming around, due to dividend. Have merely placed it in instant access account at mo, as am likely to need it later in the summer for house jobs. Need to investigate the current accounts beloved of you many other MFW-ers with fabby rates. We have historic current accts with 2 of the 'big 4' banks, as we worked for them and therefore had staff accounts. Loyalty does not bring rewards though - although it's not really loyalty, more a case of inertia!:o

Need to start on personal tax stuff for SA purposes, too. Have a feeling that - sadly - the BTL actually made some money this year - so will end up with a tax bill as a result. :eek:Hopefully not too much though! Must ensure I get some (needed) work done on the BTL this year to ensure it doesn't happen again!!:rotfl::rotfl:
  • Firegirl
    Firegirl Posts: 926 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am considering buying to let as an investment for retirement but struggling to make the jump and actually do it. I've done loads of calculations and ofcourse you can never really work it out without knowing what interest rates will be.

Do you think it's worth doing?
    Mortgage balance Feb 2015 start of MFW Journey-£245316.06/Aim to be mortgage neutral 2022 — Target for May 2024 14 Year Target Balance MF50 = £89,535 — Mortgage Balance £106, 000—Target for May 2024! £89,535

Retirement Planning
    Starting Position : Pension 1-£165,000/Pension 2-£50,000/Pension 3-£9,500/ISA-£87,000/Total-£311,500
  • Alchemilla
    Options
    Tried to switch from a big 4 bank twice and the hassle was so bad I gave up!
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    My main account is with the bank I worked for, but it does give me the £5 reward each month,so I can justify keeping it open.

I've got a TSB and Nationwide current account for savings, and a 123 account which we use as a bills account.

I know some people have 10 or more current accounts, but I'm not that hardcore!
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport