PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Wednesday 20th September 2017

nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 20 September 2017 at 6:37AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Wednesday 20th September 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Now getting light, dry underfoot but air feels cool, heating on just for an hour to knock the chill off. Was a lovely day yesterday, forecast says dry and warmer for this week so have gambled and have a load ready to go out on the line.

DH up and gone to work stupid stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, he's grabbing a lift from me as far as my work car park then walking the rest of the way to my parents as he's doing some work on his car with my dad. He's got a little car ready for when he passes his test, we were in the right place and right time and its an excellent first car for him. He doesn't attend college on a Wednesday and he starts his driving lessons next week.

Dinner last night was pork steaks, mash, HG green beans, carrots, peas, LO yorkshires and gravy, ice cream for dessert. Tonight we'll be having fish, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg - easy dinner as later finish on a Wednesday.

Yesterday morning work was another busy one, but I was then doing a different job in the afternoon and that wasn't too bad, I'm doing the same job all day today so we'll see how that goes, I'm working Saturday too, so want to utilize tomorrow and Friday as much as possible to get stuff done. I need to get on with stuff more as house is a pit, will make a list tonight and at least make headway with it tomorrow. I need to get rid of my broken BM and then I can move stuff around in the cupboards, and make better use of the space created, it will also mean I can get stuff off the worktop, making the kitchen tidier/clearer and therefore easier to clean.

I'm still on a mission to use up supplies from the freezers and store cupboards, I have created a bit of space in the freezers, but there's still loads in there but a lot of it is bits and pieces and you need other supplies to be able to make a meal, if that makes sense. I was thinking of using up some bits of veg etc that I found to make soup for my lunches, but it's becoming warmer and I do have salad bits to use. I'm not sure what we will be eating tomorrow night as the menu plan says lasagne using quorn mince, but when I was checking the outside freezer I have 1 x packet of quorn and 1 x packt of quorn chicken fillets, both bags look the same and I think I've assumed they are 2 bags of the same thing! I'll be giving that some thought as I ready don't want to buy anything extra.

Sorry that's turned into a bit of an essay!

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,026 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Good morning - thanks for the thread nmlc.

I've got an early start today so spent the last hour having a fitful sleep even though I slept soundly beforehand.

Yesterday was a tad manic so I'm hoping for a more peaceful time today. I like living in hope!

I wish a happy Wednesday to all.
  • Morning All

Dry outside for now but rain due for the rest of the day, glad I got all the washing dried outside yesterday.

I'm still trying to recover from a busy weekend, DS2 certainly wears me out, didn't help that the trains weren't running out here on Saturday so had to collect him at midnight. Also gave him a lift to the airport at 4am Monday morning!

I've a head full of congestion, wish I would get a cold or it would go away - at least I didn't cough during the night.

DW just finished doing its thing, bins emptied and PL made - leftovers from Sunday dinner.

Hope you all have a good Wednesday, take care. XX
  • Morning everyone,

Thanks you for starting us off nmlc.

Csarina and dumpling I hope that things soon improve for you.
    I’m glad that you and Lulu are getting on so well together Lainey, it sounds like a good match.
    Specky if I come to your part of the UK I will take you upon the offer of tea and cake. :)..
    Tru I love reading about the “Tales of Scampi”, you should write a book about him.
    Floss I’m glad that you managed to sort that phone bill out.
    Gers I hope you get a more peaceful day.

(hugs) to everyone who isn't very well and has troubles at the moment.

I’ve got an invite out for lunch today which is nice. My neighbour wants to treat me for coming to appointments with her which is very kind of her. She likes to have a main and dessert so I shall only need a snack for this this evening.

As I’m going out lunchtime now I shall just potter this morning and do a bit of housework. There are a few jobs that need doing.

Have a good day everyone whatever you are doing.
  • Morning folks and thanks NMLC. Still too dark to see what the morning holds weatherwise but the forecast promises a dry and mild day. Yesterday was glorious, warm and sunny. Hope today is the same!

I've had a rubbish night, awake more than I was asleep. Just as I thought I was improving I am sliding back again. All my worries crowding in again.

Had a good day out in Otley yesterday with a few bargains to boot. A brand new M & S jumper for 99p, courtesy of St Gemma's and 2 DVDs, a book and a birthday card all for 80p from the Everything 20p shop! Backtracked to Ilkley for our ham, egg and chips lunch. Lovely as always.

Today I am gallivanting again. This time with my friend on the bus to Skipton. It's ages since we had a day out together so both looking forward to a good old catch up, browse of the market and cs, followed by a late lunch and bottle of vino.

I am leaving Mr TA to fend for himself at lunchtime - all he has to do is pop a bowl of creamy chicken and bacon pasta in the mw so he can't go far wrong! The 3 DGDs are here for late tea (after ballet for the 2 youngest) andthen a sleepover. Spag Bol has been requested so the mince I left defrosting overnight will be on the go next job for the Bolognese sauce, ready to warm back up again tonight.

Have a good day all and as always ((HUGS)) for the poorlies, sad or worried who want them. LW grr to the shifty idiot on your dog walk yesterday. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Good morning, thanks for the start nmlc x
    I have woken with a headache, so will be taking some medication once my banana goes down. I have an early meeting so need it to shift!
    Yesterday was fairly productive at work. I went to the gym and DH and children cooked.
    Tonight's tea is sausages, mash and veg. I will pick up the veg during my lunch break. We are meeting a FA tonight to review our finances.
    Have a good day all,
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Good morning everyone :hello:

I managed a good night's sleep last night so after a shower and cuppa I feel ready to take on the world again. Jemima is dropping off the grand children before school as she is working so I am expecting them imminently. They walk to school on their own so I just have to watch them for an hour or so.

Becky has come downstairs looking dreadful so I have sent her back to bed. She is full of cold and has also gone deaf in one ear. We have a meeting at the school tomorrow afternoon so I hope she feels a bit better then. Phoebe and Lilly are getting ready for school/college and Steve hyas already left for work. I am planning a nice quiet day just knitting a dragon.

Chicken curry and rice for tea so that is quick and simple. I was going to do some baking but I weighed myself this morning and a couple of pesky pounds have crept back on so that isn't going to happen. Becky cooked devilled kidneys for lunch yesterday and they were lovely. I have leftover lasagne for lunch today as I didn't eat it yesterday.

No news yet from my friend about her grandson being born. Her poor daughter is a week overdue and desperate to have him. I might go and see her today if she isn't busy. I also have to go and get some electric today as well as we went on the emergency last night and I have a load of washing to do.

Hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all

Colder here this morning, Evie came down to say hello and has run back up and got in the warm spot under the duvet :rotfl:

Off to work for me and I think we have 8 extra clients today so it may well be a hectic one !

Not sure about diner tonight but I may do a chicken and chorizo potato bake which is really easy, just a bit of chopping and then shove it all in the oven to cook.

Must do a wash tonight and go round and clear all the window sills for the window men coming tomorrow.

Right I had better get ready for work.

Have good days all xx
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello: [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Ooooh LameWolf that makes me so cross :mad: My friend has to put up with people like that and you can see them almost panic when she lets Milo off the lead over the field. Then she gets comments from the same surprised people, saying how well behaved and lovely he is. She gave up being polite and just says 'well I DID tell you, I don't know why you thought I was lying' then she flounces off :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Hollyharvey Whoever picked the name Scampi for him got it spot on, I think the book should be called Scampi The Scamp :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Scampi has a problem letting miss tru leave the house, he goes nuts at the door and tries to stop her leaving. I've been throwing a ball in the garden to distract him but he sees her in the kitchen and tries to get in the back door while throwing a tantrum. After she left yesterday, I opened the back door to go indoors and he raced to the front door to find her – he usually waits for me to go through the door first – and slammed into my leg. I was limping all day and it was really painful. I think I'm going to give up on this one and just shut him in the lounge when she leaves, I can't see him ever stopping. And it's just too bloody stressful, lol.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]My make-up is sorted, I don't actually wear much and not that often, so it took about 12.5 seconds. It still felt like a job well done though :D I'll be flicking a duster around this morning and I think there's enough washing for a full load. I won't get much else done today, miss tru will be back for lunch then we'll be lounging on the sofas for most of the afternoon, watching our program.[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone,

Ggrrr on that person LW how flipping rude :mad:
    Enjoy your lunch out Holly
    My DOH has decided on another day at cricket so will leave soon for the train, another peaceful day :rotfl: I got quite a bit of washing done yesterday so not much left and am reasonably up to date in the house so am thinking over the yard this morning and then a long walk with Tilly this afternoon. Plans might change if it rains :D
    Think I will make a Mac and Cauli cheese for supper than OH can heat it up when he gets home.

Have a good day folks x
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,241 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Just having a cuppa in bed with DH and the cat, he will be off to his office next door soon and I am off to the allotment to cut down the raspberry canes - what an exciting life I lead! Need to drop a bag off at the CS on my way and pick up some small finger buns for hot dogs later.

I have some sewing to do while watching Bake Off later, and might start a blanket for my niece - found some wool cakes in "unicorn" colours so she will be a happy bunny!

Lainey was your DH up at Old Trafford yesterday?
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills