Small Steps Out Of Massive Debt!

Options

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Market Research Focus Group at lunchtime today (lucky for me it is taking place 5 minutes from my office, I don't expect to be so lucky in future!). I'm looking forward to paying in £50 to my bank account on my way back to the office :)

Yesterday was another NSD, that is two this week and means I've hit my first NSD target.

It looks like the weekend will not be TOO spendy. I discovered that the activity planned for Saturday is at a venue that is in the Tesco Clubcard Days Out scheme so have been able to use Clubcard vouchers to buy our tickets saving ourselves £50+

The eBay auctions are gathering steam, most of them have at least got 1 bid and all have over 10 watchers so I know I'll make some sales this weekend.

I love focus groups, easy money, usually a beer or wine to be had and food! Yum:T
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • GeorgianaCavendish
    Options
    Focus Group was great, in & out in an hour with £50 which I paid in to the bank on my way back to the office. My first batch of eBay auctions ended over the weekend and everyone has paid (a miracle!) so I'll be taking a trip to the Post Office at lunchtime today. My Paypal balance is sitting at just over £160 at the moment, £39.50 of that needs to go on postage but still happy with the £120 profit and a bunch of clothes going off to a good home.

The weekend away worked out really cheaply, we had the massive saving on Saturday's activity because we used Clubcard Vouchers and just one meal out which cost us £18.75 in total.

Today won't be a NSD as I need to go grocery shopping this evening but will make a list and meal plan so that I can keep on track with spending. ALDI trip coming up this weekend, is it sad that I'm excited? :)
  • GeorgianaCavendish
    Options
    Naomim wrote: »
    I registered with a few.

Talking Point
    Trend Market Research
    FTMR
    focusforresearch
    researchopnions
    watchmethink
    Tesco orchard

but if you are on Facebook and search focus groups or market research there are quite a lot. Although most of them are based in London. I can only do them in the evenings and a lot are daytime. But it's a nice little bonus towards the debt busting :j

Naomi x

Thanks for this list, I will register with those too! :)
  • Naomim
    Naomim Posts: 3,117 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Focus Group was great, in & out in an hour with £50 which I paid in to the bank on my way back to the office. My first batch of eBay auctions ended over the weekend and everyone has paid (a miracle!) so I'll be taking a trip to the Post Office at lunchtime today. My Paypal balance is sitting at just over £160 at the moment, £39.50 of that needs to go on postage but still happy with the £120 profit and a bunch of clothes going off to a good home.

The weekend away worked out really cheaply, we had the massive saving on Saturday's activity because we used Clubcard Vouchers and just one meal out which cost us £18.75 in total.

Today won't be a NSD as I need to go grocery shopping this evening but will make a list and meal plan so that I can keep on track with spending. ALDI trip coming up this weekend, is it sad that I'm excited? :)

Well done on the stealth budgeting for the weekend.

It's like we're living parallel lives! lol. . I've just exchanged some clubcard vouchers to take the kids to the cinema and bowling this week. They can be well worth the money. MrM and I also use them for restaurants.

Sadly I didn't get to Aldi this week. Our isn't huge and I was waylaid by 7yo football Saturday morning so didn't get out the house till 11am. I just couldn't face queuing to get in the car park so went to Tesco instead. I noticed a big difference in the bill for sure! I'm just thinking of it as clubcard points.

Sounds like your eBay sales went well. Have you decided where you're going to put the money you've made? Obviously should be highest interest debt :)

Did you manage to bring in packed lunch today?

Naomi
    Credit Cards NOV 2019 £33,220.42 Sept 2023 £19,951.00 Tilly Tidy 20223/COLOR] Sept £43.71 Here's my diary: A Ditherer's Diary Again
  • GeorgianaCavendish
    Options
    Naomim wrote: »
    Well done on the stealth budgeting for the weekend.

It's like we're living parallel lives! lol. . I've just exchanged some clubcard vouchers to take the kids to the cinema and bowling this week. They can be well worth the money. MrM and I also use them for restaurants.

Sadly I didn't get to Aldi this week. Our isn't huge and I was waylaid by 7yo football Saturday morning so didn't get out the house till 11am. I just couldn't face queuing to get in the car park so went to Tesco instead. I noticed a big difference in the bill for sure! I'm just thinking of it as clubcard points.

Sounds like your eBay sales went well. Have you decided where you're going to put the money you've made? Obviously should be highest interest debt :)

Did you manage to bring in packed lunch today?

Naomi

It does sound like we have a lot in common :)

I'm so pleased that I re-discovered Clubcard vouchers. We used a whole bunch when we first got married for household-ey things but haven't used them since then, so we've been amassing points for a couple of years. I also didn't realise they could be used for such a variety of things - I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the site to see what else we can do (I'm thinking it would be great for things over the summer).

Packed lunch again today, just sandwiches as I didn't cook yesterday so no leftovers. I'm deciding what to make for dinner tonight and a big part of the decision will be what I fancy taking in for lunch tomorrow ;)
  • GeorgianaCavendish
    Options
    Oh! I forgot to answer about ebay sales!
    I'm going to keep it in my Paypal account for now (so I'm not tempted to spend the cash from my bank account). Once the rest of my current listings have ended, I'll use it to make an over payment on my Barclaycard. I've got £860 at 27.6% APR so the sooner I can knock that down the better!
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    It does sound like we have a lot in common :)

I'm so pleased that I re-discovered Clubcard vouchers. We used a whole bunch when we first got married for household-ey things but haven't used them since then, so we've been amassing points for a couple of years. I also didn't realise they could be used for such a variety of things - I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the site to see what else we can do (I'm thinking it would be great for things over the summer).

Packed lunch again today, just sandwiches as I didn't cook yesterday so no leftovers. I'm deciding what to make for dinner tonight and a big part of the decision will be what I fancy taking in for lunch tomorrow ;)

Keep an eye on the date the Tesco vouchers expire! Just need to phone the Clubcard number and they add them back onto your account with another year or two as long as you contact them before they actually expire. Not sure whether they'll do it if they've already expired.

Denise
  • GeorgianaCavendish
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    Keep an eye on the date the Tesco vouchers expire! Just need to phone the Clubcard number and they add them back onto your account with another year or two as long as you contact them before they actually expire. Not sure whether they'll do it if they've already expired.

Denise

Thanks for the tip, I think ours are ok for at least a couple of months but I will double check - makes sense to extend them anyway :)
  • GeorgianaCavendish
    Options
    Not much to report today, really annoyed because I laddered my tights so badly on the way to work and had to buy a new pair (doubly annoyed about the ladder and not having a NSD!) But you know, going into Boots and coming out with just the thing I needed and not thinking "while I'm in here, I might as well pick up XYZ" is still progress. The other day I discovered that I have a stockpile of deodorant because I keep buying it on special offer and then put it away so it's out of sight ... I have 6 containers!
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    The other day I discovered that I have a stockpile of deodorant because I keep buying it on special offer and then put it away so it's out of sight ... I have 6 containers!

On the upside, you know you're good for deodorant for a while :rotfl:
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure