PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Sunday 17th September 2017

2»

Comments

• RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,079 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Afternoon all,

Glad to hear your mum is feeling better Gers, and that the TAs enjoyed their hols.
    No cooking for me later,we are heading into Manchester.Our best friends are picking us up to go and support their DS and band ,who are performing.Apparently the venue does food,more on the lines of sandwiches and soup,suits us ,it wont be as dear as a proper meal out.Things are still tight here but DH & DS have had a couple of weeks work,and there is the possibility of more at the customers parents,so a sandwich out wont break the budget too much.

I have been busy baking bread,flapjacks & biscuits and stretching hm meals,& freezing leftovers quickly before DS2 eats the lot :D. I cooked one of the smaller gammon joints from Aldee in the pressure cooker.It was lovely,fed the 4 of us and l.o. for sandwiches the next day,then the scraps went into a big pan of ham and lentil soup.I might bake a banana loaf shortly as I have 2 brown ones in the fruit bowl. I've noticed the price of butter seems to be going up a lot at the moment,and have bought some soft marg to use in the baking.

Anyway,hope you all enjoy your Sunday x
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Somewhat damp walkies this morning; which meant that Mr LW graciously let me take Bluebell out on my own. :D
    I was glad of the ski jacket and trousers I bought with part of my £200 XScape card that I won; and I've been using the boots for ages, they're so much more comfortable than wellies.
    It had stopped raining by the time we came back, so Bluebell was able to have a game of ball in the garden, too; it burns off her extra energy, and she absolutely loves it. :o

Poor little girlie has conjunctivitis; so her owner has asked that I once again administer her eye drops. She doesn't like it (I don't blame her) but she's so good about having it done. I suspect that knowing there'll be a gravy-bone biscuit for her afterwards helps. ;)
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Afternoon all

The sun has just come out here and I am hopeful that the washing on the line will at least part dry. We have had a quiet morning here. DH vacuumed through for me, and I made pea and ham soup for lunch. There is minced beef in the slow cooker for a lasagne tonight.

DH has just gone off to the allotment and I am chilling with the laptop. I might make a Victoria sandwich in a minute but need to check if we have some jam to fill it with. Since I discovered Mary Berry's easy recipe it has been my go to cake.

Glad you had a nice break TA.
    HH your batch cooking sounds delicious.
    LW sending vibes for sunshine walkies.

Well have a nice, peaceful afternoon folks.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • Hello, it is my OH's birthday, he is 63 today, 3 years younger than me. M*raison sent him a voucher for a free Big Breakfast so we all went, I had a smaller breakfast, son had sausages, something else and chips. I am here to warn you not to have breakfast there, it was a very kind thought but poor quality although it was nice to have poached eggs on toast since I cannot poach an egg to save my life. I've tried all sorts of ways. It would have been nicer if they hadn't been overcooked.

Then we went and bought me some eye drops as I've had an itchy eye all week and now there is a blood spot just by the iris.

I'm going to some baking now, O.H will cook later.

I've been up since 2, another mouse has got in and was trying very hard to gnaw its way into the bedroom via the skirting board, very loudly. I just couldn't sleep through that, I do hope it was a mouse, not a rat. Much of this city is now plagued by rats as we have a waste collector strike. I've been out collecting up the rubbish from outside the house with rubber gloves on, some rubbish was rather unsavoury.

Better get on with the baking.

Hope everyone is enjoying Sunday, it is sunny here and the washing is on the line.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • Once I had waded through the ironing I decided summer wasn't going to return (as much as I want it to) and I have done the bi-yearly wardrobe swap. Summer clothes now all hanging in the back wardrobe and autumn/winter clothes now taking their place in the front wardrobe in our bedroom. I seem to have a bizarre selection of jumpers that don't seem to belong to either category - not good enough to be classed as "best" but too good to use as "house" clothes. Whatever, I think I really need to shop for some nicer jumpers before winter sets in.

Enjoy the rest of your day folks and take care xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Late today, out this morning. Have spent most of
    this afternoon trying set up a new tablet, aargghhhhh. OH had a bad night so stayed in bed while I was out. I had a slight better night.

Damp and cold. Supper prepped just need to cook it.
  • Evening all, sorry for the late post but have been busy today.
    DGD arrived this morning and stayed for lunch,as she didn't want to go and watch her brother play football. Then dad arrived early for lunch too, as his boiler is playing up and he has no heating. He will call the engineer out tomorrow and he has other heaters, calor and electric, for now. So I'm doing 3 loads of washing, hanging it out and cooking a roast lunch. ( But will admit I cheated and took a ready made steak pie and yorkies from the freezer - thanks Mr Tes*o , but the roasties and veg were all my own doing ;) ) whilst Mr Fix It did crafting with DGD and talked boilers with my dad. Who says men can't multitask :rotfl:.
    DGD went home mid afternoon and dad left after tea, then I brought in the damp washing which I had to put on the airer in the spare room. There's now only one towel wash left to do :T but there's a pile of ironing, glaring at me from the basket..... So I shall glare back as it will have to wait till I pluck up the courage to attack it :rotfl::rotfl:.
    Tomorrow we are going to Cardiff to a certain J Lewis store to look at new computers, mine is on it's last legs and Mr Fix It wants an upgrade and as we had a little money left over from paying our mortgage off, we decided to spend it on ourselves, for once :D.
    Well that's enough waffling, I'm off for a quiet coffee and I have a lot of recorded TV programmes to wade through !
    Hugs to all and I will hopefully " see " you tomorrow.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,864 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Late post from me as well today. We have had a productive weekend. I went to Aldi first thing yesterday and then to h*mebase for some Du!ux white paint for DDs room. We had bought another (cheaper) brand and three coats in it still wasn't covering the pale blue. One further coat from Du!ux and it was finished. Buy cheap, buy twice. DH is just moving all her stuff back in which is a relief after two weeks of her sleeping on the sofa bed downstairs.
    Have been to church twice today, firstly to parade service to help sell tickets for an upcoming fundraiser, and then again this afternoon for a welcome service for a new minister. There was a senior figure from the church in attendance who I wanted to meet as we have only spoken on the phone and emailed each other before (I work for the head office of the church).
    Dinner was breaded haddock and fries from Aldi. Was meant to be slow cooked pulled pork, but I ran out of time to put it in this morning as hair needed colouring and had to be at church parade. Have prepped the joint and sauce ready to put on before work tomorrow.
    I need to iron ds1s trousers now. All other ironing done last night, so feeling very on top of things for a change!
    Gers, glad mum is home and on the mend xx
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill 1/24
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Evening all,

another late post from me too. Grump was at work yesterday so he had to fit in what we usually do on a Saturday today instead.

What was meant to be a quick visit to the car dealership this morning turned into a 3 hour session. The usual browsing cars, chatting to the Salesman that usually sorts him out. He very nearly part ex'd one of his cars. He wanted to part ex the smaller car but i reminded him, our neighbours already dislike him because we have 3 cars parked outside the house and of course, everyone wants to park outside their own house....I'm sure our neighbour who normally does his accounts has given up doing his accounts because he is a bit miffed with him over it and has started to park making it difficult for grump to get out.... I suggested going back to 1 car but that wasnt right either. So after wasting 3 hours and 2 test drives, we came home still owning the cars he already has. I did suggest putting a drive on the front of the house but he didnt like that idea.

I could tell the Salesman was getting pretty fed up when he could see he had wasted his time for nothing. So thats 2 dealerships he has annoyed now with his dithering. I am annoyed that he doesnt just stick to the motors he has...Never satisfied!

I came home and went to sleep.

Hopefully i'll sleep tonight. If not, at least Monday is within sight.

Winding down isnt as easy as it should be this evening.

Sleep well all.
  • Datchet
    Datchet Posts: 117 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Quiet & Lazy morning - up to see Granny & Granpa with two DS's. Liberated about 100Lbs of windfalls which we exchange for dung (from our friend C - who runs an animal rescue place)
    2 night chicky-dins wonderfully cooked by herself. Early start so nitch-nitch!
    "Is it that the future is so uncertain, the present so traumatic that we find the past so secure? " Spike Milligan
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure