Anyone heard of Kitchen Arts

Hi,

I'm looking to buy something from this site, the problem I have is I emailed them last week to ask a question and they haven't replied, also they claim to have friendly and knowledgeable staff, but no phone number.

Anyone had any experience or heard of them?

Thanks

Comments

• Coopdivi
    Coopdivi Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    If a website has no phone number and address, don't use it. How are you supposed to contact them if you have a problem?

Anyway there are two problems with this site:

1. When I tested out the purchasing process it gave me a computer 'fatal error' which meant it was impossible for me to enter my personal details.

2. They say that they use checkout facilities provided by Amazon. In a nutshell that means all their products are actually being sold by Amazon. If they ever get their checkout process to work, all that will happen is that you will be transferred to Amazon's main site.

There are plenty of crappy sites like this on the net which initially appear to have attractive prices but they neglect to tell you about the substantial delivery charges which are often added. They make their money from fees paid by Amazon for referrals.

My advice to you is to avoid Kitchen Arts and buy direct from Amazon or other reputable merchants.
  • Lugh_Chronain
    Lugh_Chronain Posts: 6,867
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 10 August 2012 at 2:01PM
    [STRIKE]Found this on the The Independent

Kitchen Arts
    20 Coleford Close,
    Mytchett,
    Camberley,
    Surrey,
    GU16 6DX
    Tel: 01252 679 155

Odd that they don't have this info on their website.[/STRIKE]

Forget the above info, my mistake, the address and phone number above is actually for Kitchen Art and not Kitchen Arts.

Kitchen Arts are actually mentioned on The Independent's website, reason for the confusion.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/features/the-10-best-slicers--dicers-7873531.html?action=gallery&ino=9

I'm also getting a Fatal error message as well when going through their checkout.

I wonder whether if it's worth calling Amazon and asking if they know of this company. Mention to them what it is you're after and why it is you're enquiring. Tell them it's Kitchen Arts and not Kitchen Art.

Amazon customer services number is 0800 496 1081.

Or buy direct from Amazon as mentioned by Coopdivi. And there's always the MegaShopBot as well though because what you're looking for appears on a reputable search engine, that doesn't necessarily make it a reputable site - double check as you've done here.
  • nsis
    nsis Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 29 January 2013 at 10:11AM
    LIKE A FOOL I MADE A PURCHASE ON THIS WEBSITE JUST A FEW DAYS AGO.
    THANKFULLY I PAID FOR MY ITEM VIA PAYPAL AND HAVE OPENED A DISPUTE TO SORT A REFUND.

I TRIED TO EMAIL THIS COMPANY AND ALSO TELEPHONED ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS, BUT NO RESPONSE FROM EITHER!!!

PLEASE BEWARE OF THIS WEBSITE...DO NOT USE!!!!!!!

THESE ARE THE CONTACT DETAILS I HAVE BUT OBVIOUSLY THESE ARE FICTITIOUS AS WELL...

Name: Mark Walker
    (The recipient of this payment is Non-US –Unverified)
    Email: uksales@kitchenarts.co.uk
    Payment Sent to: uksales@kitchenarts.co.uk

TEL: 02032861218

Company Info
    Founded: 2010
    Owner: Kitchen Arts
    HQ: London, London
  • Glad I checked in with this site I haven't bought from them now due to members concerns. I see they have now listed an address but its just an accommodation address that basically anyone can purchase to use so they are not based there. Not sure why they wouldn't list their own address I leave that users to decide. I'm not purchasing from them anyway
  • sarahb
    sarahb Posts: 314
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 16 February 2013 at 7:35AM
    I (stupidly) made a purchase from them 5 days ago and paid by Paypal. So far I haven't had so much as an e-mail from them to confirm my order so I have now opened a Paypal dispute.

Update : Paypal concluded their investigation and refunded my payment in less than 3 hours :T
  • They haven't shared their contact address :question:
    then how !!! people will connected to them. You better search for others websites and compare their prices.
  • Mr_Crunch
    Mr_Crunch Posts: 97 Forumite
    edited 24 February 2013 at 1:29PM
    This is a very useful thread. Kitchen Arts are offering fantastic prices on Magimix food processors at the moment. Not so fantastic if they never turn up! So I will avoid.
  • Just did a shopping search via google and this webiste came the cheapest by far for magimix food processors

Suspicious straight away, went through the buying process just to see what happens and when it came to the payment screen it was asking for bank transfer only (no https:// tags either) almost certainly a scam
  • I have also stupidly bought something with kitchenarts over a week ago and still haven't receive my order. Have been contacted by PayPal last Friday, so obviously there is an investigation is going on. I emailed kitchen arts on 15th feb, they replied saying that my order been shipped the friday before. however, i still have not receive my order after 6 days. Email them last thursday and they replied saying that they have made some sort of error, and they guaranteed that my order will be with me tomorrow or Tuesday, otherwise they will offer a full refund. I have asked them to send me a tracking number for the order, but so far heard nothing back in regards to that. I seriously doubt that I will receive my order, but will give you guys an update tomorrow.
  • I used Kitchenarts.co.uk today to buy a George Foreman grill (£39 worth). They came in quite cheap (best other price was £59 from Amazon) and so I was about to purchase.

The only option to pay them is to transfer money via a bank transfer. This rang alarm bells with me and, so I did not proceed with the transaction. My advice is to probably avoid - with no protection if things go wrong via a credit card or paypal etc - also seems very, very strange for an etailer to only offer online bank transfers!!! If it seems to good to be true.....

Just repeated the excercise and here's a cut n paste from their website:-

Pay Now with Bank Transfer

Make a careful note of the total due.

Make a Payment to:
    • HSBC Bank
    • Account Number 91778552
    • Sort Code 40-02-03
    Use your order postcode, or order number as a payment reference.

You can use online banking or pay at any UK Bank with those details.

Your order status will be updated when payment is made, if you do not receive an acknowledgement email within 3 hours of making payment please email us at bankpay@kitchenarts.co.uk
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure