4 months still no new awards letter

Options
Hi im new so this may have been posted before.
Im really good with paperwork/forms soon as i get them i fill them out and send them off. I got my tax credit renewal forms on 16th May so i did it all online sent it off and on the website said should hear something by 11th July.
We are now in August so i called hoping to get some clarification or see that a letter has been sent out.
Guy call Phil says he'll send out my previous award letter but theres nothing he can do. I wanted my awards form to apply for a warm discount scheme.
Is 4 months a long time to wait or is it just me?
Nothing has changed since i explained my situation to them last September other than my address that i changed with HMRC the day i moved in.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Empathy wrote: »
    Hi im new so this may have been posted before.
    Im really good with paperwork/forms soon as i get them i fill them out and send them off. I got my tax credit renewal forms on 16th May so i did it all online sent it off and on the website said should hear something by 11th July.
    We are now in August so i called hoping to get some clarification or see that a letter has been sent out.
    Guy call Phil says he'll send out my previous award letter but theres nothing he can do. I wanted my awards form to apply for a warm discount scheme.
    Is 4 months a long time to wait or is it just me?
    Nothing has changed since i explained my situation to them last September other than my address that i changed with HMRC the day i moved in.
    Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Only HMRC would be able to answer your question as to why you haven't recieved this yet. As for the warm home discount, mostly the other criteria is
    more than just tax credits. It would depend on your circumstances as to whether you would quealify...PIP, Income Related benefits, DLA for a child etc. I recieve the discount because i claim Income Related ESA and PIP.
  • Darksparkle
    Darksparkle Posts: 5,465 Forumite
    Options
    So has your renewal actually been processed? If not why not?
  • Empathy
    Options
    Thats why i called as its been 4 months. They said they recieved my forms but they are still being processed. I spent from september till feb in a womens shelter then finally got moved in feb to my new home. I wouldnt mind but i kept them informed of everything
  • Darksparkle
    Options
    You need to ask to speak to a manger or have it escalated.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,419 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You need to ask to speak to a manger

Prayer as a last resort?:)

But yes, it does seem unreasonable for a claimant to have to wait for so many weeks without a result or explanation.

And what use would a "previous awards letter" be? Presumably the OP already has this and it's not the documentation required for her to claim for the heating scheme?
  • Empathy
    Options
    They said i had to wait its being processed but if i hear nothing in the next couple weeks ill try speaking to a manger.

He assumed that i could use it as evidence of a claim but yeah the energy company want the new letter. Im hoping now that ove called something will be done
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Come to think about it i've not had my final ward notice yet despite renewing in june. I'l add that to my list of people to call tomorrow
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Empathy wrote: »
    They said i had to wait its being processed but if i hear nothing in the next couple weeks ill try speaking to a manger.

He assumed that i could use it as evidence of a claim but yeah the energy company want the new letter. Im hoping now that ove called something will be done

you can claim the warm home discount right up till the end of they year so don't worry about missing out.

they've never asked me for proof o my claim . just which benefit that i claim to be eligible. they say they will check via DWP/HMRC
  • Darksparkle
    Options
    You don't have to wait. You've waited plenty. Get them telt!
  • trishandbubs
    Options
    I would call up and check the progress as should have been done by now. If its showing partial capture if could be that it's in a worklist as something needs queried but any advisor can go in and make these changes. Did you include any £0.00 when you submitted your renewal as the systems doesn't like these.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure