What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 14 August

Comments

• Angela84
    Angela84 Posts: 398 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning!

We had a lovely frugal day out yesterday, felt good knowing we hardly spent anything yet had fun, back in the past I wouldn't have thought twice about just splurging on funfairs and pub lunches.

Today's plan:
    Check cupboards and meal plan for the week
    Take children to free holiday club (so handy we have this in our area!)
    Help friends with some tip runs as they don't have a car.
    Aldi for weekly foodshop but hopefully will be minimal as trying to use up what's in cupboards and freezer this week.
    Visit library later with children as they live it and if you visit 3 times during the summer you get a free ticket to the zoo!

Have a good day all!
    LBM January 2017 £34k will have paid back finally by my DFD May 2021
    got my first store card on my 18th birthday, never known a life without the grey cloud of debt looming over me. 18yrs and the end is finally in sight 🤩
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 August 2017 at 7:27PM
    Morning :) I literally did almost nothing from my list yesterday as we ended up staying at the playdate from 11-4. Just about managed a quick tidy up and to cook dinner before oh got in. Nice to make a new friend

I want to get out with madam but the weather is not playing ball at the moment! Thinking we will go pick some blackberries, scoot down the nature reserve pathway for a bit and then stop at the park. Will take a picnic ;)due to weather not being great and my toothache we didn't do any of this. Went and visited the local dogs trust, came home and watched shrek

need to call cc and try to get late payment removed

[STRIKE]Do something with raspberries picked Tues - either bake or freeze[/STRIKE] gave them to the worms

[STRIKE]read the newsletter. Looked into a few of the kids activties. Think I will book/go to a petsworld and a hobbie craft thing with madam[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]check meal plan for tonight[/STRIKE] I've decided I'm on a liquid diet until my tooth is sorted. Eating is what causes intense pain for 30 minutes.
    Thinking of the side effect of loosing a few pounds :) every cloud!

list on fleabay!

Ok that's all I can think of for today. No doubt there will be other small things along the way. Think I'll start thinking about getting ready soon!

FVD fingers crossed for you x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Hi all..
    Today's list:
    Washing on and dry outside,
    Freezer lunch
    Freezer tea...
    Aiming for NSD 4 today... Bit of a meh day just trying to be as mean as possible to get as much in both bank accounts as possible before being away and coming back 3 days before payday which will be mega tight...
    Hope everyone has a great Thursday....
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 August 2017 at 8:04PM
    Grr, just lost a post :mad:
    Ahem, morning all :)
    Good luck with the interview FVD :)

My list for today:
    Ironing (Done :T:j:beer:) can't you just tell this is not my favourite thing :rotfl:
    Pulled a nice bunch of carrots from a not particularly big pot in the garden, and it is about the third lot I have had from there :) I only discovered that carrots grow well in biggish pots last year. I have now sown more carrot seeds in the pot, a bit late, but worth the gamble :)
    Prepared the spinach I picked yesterday for spinach and feta filo pie for dinner (one of my favourites :)) Apart from that, there are several lots of leftovers which together will feed the 3 of us plentifully today. Pie made, and I gathered together leftover stuffed marrow and extra mince, bacon and tomato pasta, and some casseroled pheasant legs I found in the freezer. Cooked jacket potatoes to go with any / all of these bits, used up rest of HM coleslaw with the potatoes, put all out on the table in nice dishes :T OH and my brother polished off all the leftovers, lots of spinach pie is left for tomorrow as they didn't have room for much of that :) Fridge pretty much free of leftovers now :T
    Load of washing in machine, will peg outside if the weather plays ball, otherwise it will be the airer Managed to get it dry before the heavens opened!
    Need to pick raspberries and tomatoes :)Done
    And make a loaf in the BM - with one extra in the household atm we are getting through it quicker than usual, and I want to avoid the shops! Done
    Start to sort out some stuff for a possible car boot on Sunday - household junk plus some sales unit stuff that hasn't sold Not done, though I have mentally earmarked some bits :o
    Maybe do a freezer inventory Done, I have loads! :o
    Find Nigella's chilli jam recipe and see what I need to buy next time I do go to the shops. I think just a couple of red peppers.... Not done
    Cleared a couple of tomato pots that looked a bit blighty :( I now have a basketful of tomatoes at all stages from green to ripe - plus a large bowlful of ripe ones.
    Sowed more carrot seeds in the pots the tomatoes were in
    Made a batch of roasted tomato sauce and froze it :)
    No watering needed as it absolutely poured down this afternoon :eek:
    No spending for me, but OH bought a new light fitting for the garage. Brother fitted it :cool:
    A few surveys

Hope everyone has a good day :)
  • Oohh dawn, your garden sounds lovely, we are over-riding with slugs and caterpillars, looks like the toms won't be productive, we have flowers but nothing else so I'm guessing it's a bit late now but I'll keep my fingers crossed, got 1 courgette that I'm hoping to harvest before we go away... Other plants have been decimated even with copper tape on the pots..
    Hope the interview went well FVD x
  • Kittychick
    Kittychick Posts: 250 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Over the last few days we bought 4 tubs of mushrooms for 33p each... I've just made several portions of veg chilli with 400gs of other not very nice mushrooms that I'd forgot I had and while that was cooking I've peeled, sliced and frozen another 2 tubs, the others will be getting done tomorrow when I've bagged today's up.. Still a NSD today, so that's #4... Really want to get those 6 NSD's before weds, so I'll be working towards that :T
  • Morning :) I literally did almost nothing from my list yesterday as we ended up staying at the playdate from 11-4. Just about managed a quick tidy up and to cook dinner before oh got in. Nice to make a new friend

I want to get out with madam but the weather is not playing ball at the moment! Thinking we will go pick some blackberries, scoot down the nature reserve pathway for a bit and then stop at the park. Will take a picnic ;)due to weather not being great and my toothache we didn't do any of this. Went and visited the local dogs trust, came home and watched shrek

need to call cc and try to get late payment removed

[STRIKE]Do something with raspberries picked Tues - either bake or freeze[/STRIKE] gave them to the worms

[STRIKE]read the newsletter. Looked into a few of the kids activties. Think I will book/go to a petsworld and a hobbie craft thing with madam[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]check meal plan for tonight[/STRIKE] I've decided I'm on a liquid diet until my tooth is sorted. Eating is what causes intense pain for 30 minutes.
    Thinking of the side effect of loosing a few pounds :) every cloud!

list on fleabay!

Ok that's all I can think of for today. No doubt there will be other small things along the way. Think I'll start thinking about getting ready soon!

FVD fingers crossed for you x

Haven't done very much today! Have had a spurt over the last hour of sorting our kitchen out. It's almost spick and span. Waiting for madam to go to bed before I can vacuum & wash floor and will clean hall & lounge
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Evening everyone
    My spending diary has gone right out the window this month, hopefully I have all my receipts I can tally but haven't had chance.
    Have the decorators in, operation back bedroom is looking really good. Considering I haven't got an eye for design, so far it is looking good.
    What a stressful day, up early for the decorator and had to go in for DD's exam results as she still has her nasal dressing on and isn't allowed near crowds in case she catches a cold.I had forgotten how stressful picking up exam results are it was horrible, I was a bag of nerves and they weren't even my results!
    DD had already got an unconditional offer from her favourite uni of choice, which we hadn't been notified about but she has been planning on going to this uni for so long.
    Everything confirmed and then this afternoon, another uni (who she hadn't even applied to) swoops in to offer her everything on a plate bec they have an elite athlete sports programme they want her to be part of-she gets her own nutritionist and personal trainer etc....doesn't have to pay for any of it and can have the pick of degree courses.
    They don't run the course she wanted and so goes for something I never thought she would choose and chooses this new uni. Time will tell if it is the right decision, but stressful, it was awful.
    The only good thing about today was it was a low spend day for 2 bags of cat litter.
    Hope everyone has had a better day!!
    DNMS hope the tooth gets sorted soon x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • Lottebear
    Lottebear Posts: 794 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning All,

This week has been good MSE wise.
    • I have home lunches all week.
    • Not taken any money out of the bank
    • My grant cheque arrived so I have bought DD, school uniform it all fits and there are a couple of bits to get in town later. That will be the whole lot spent.
    • Survey after survey, and cashed in £25 of points for Amazon points saving for Christmas.
    1. DD has been a free Church holiday club this week, for 2 hrs each day which she has enjoyed.
    2. Tomorrow if the weather is nice we will go to a paddling pool, free entry.
    Other than that it is house work, house work and house work :(
  • Angela84
    Angela84 Posts: 398 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Today on my DFW quest I will:

Do a very cheap foodshop to last the week
    Withdraw spending money for the weekend so I can't go mad with my card whilst on a hen party
    Buy popcorn from Asda before dropping children to the cinema so I don't get stung
    Say goodbye to our 6 baby birds, taking them back to the lady with a farm. This isn't just a money thing, I don't have the time to look after them either.
    Paid off £100 to my virgin c/c, 2 more weeks and it's gone forever!

Hope everyone has a lovely Friday x
    LBM January 2017 £34k will have paid back finally by my DFD May 2021
    got my first store card on my 18th birthday, never known a life without the grey cloud of debt looming over me. 18yrs and the end is finally in sight 🤩
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure