Official Receiver looking at bank account?

Quick question which I can't seem to find the answer to by searching.. Can the OR look or request to look at bank statements throughout the BR until discharge, or just at the beginning? E.g. if you have a basic current account which you are allowed to keep using.

Comments

• Hi I think the normal is to see the bank accounts at the first interview, sometimes after 6 months they may request a new S.O.E but this did not happen with me.
    As long as you inform them of any changes they left me alone to be honest.
  • Throughout the bankruptcy, the form you sign stipulates your data protection waiver for financial purposes which include delving into accounts, without having to contact you (They simply contact said bank and get sent the information directly). Do you have a particular concern?
  • alltaken wrote: »
    Throughout the bankruptcy, the form you sign stipulates your data protection waiver for financial purposes which include delving into accounts, without having to contact you (They simply contact said bank and get sent the information directly). Do you have a particular concern?

Not really but I'm just wondering if I open a NEW account, I believe I'm not obliged to give them details of this. Only if my income changes (but even then I assume I would be providing a figure, not statements).
  • Anything new won't be an issue, I was asked about my new accounts when I opened some basic accounts after declaring bankruptcy (Within the few weeks of interview and paperwork). It's my understanding that they won't ask about new accounts in general, its affairs after the bankruptcy which they have little interest in unless they suspect squirrelled cash.
  • I've had to provide wage slips and bank statements every 6 months for my year and bankruptcy and for the next 2 years for my ipa
  • I've had to provide wage slips and bank statements every 6 months for my year and bankruptcy and for the next 2 years for my ipa

If you hadn't had an IPA at the beginning do you think they would not have asked for those?
  • Can I hijack and ask whether the OR is allowed to ask for bank statements for an account opened AFTER BR? Or just wage slips and I&E info?
  • alltaken
    alltaken Posts: 452 Forumite
    They may ask for details of the account, for purposes such as ascertaining its opening date. Apart from that in my experience little interest is paid to your post bankruptcy life so long as any financial changes are disclosed within 21 days.
  • mwarby
    mwarby Posts: 2,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Can I hijack and ask whether the OR is allowed to ask for bank statements for an account opened AFTER BR? Or just wage slips and I&E info?

I'd say yes, especially if OR thinks you might be trying to hide income or windfalls
  • luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,253 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    I think pretty much that the O.R can look at anything they think is necessary.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure