Nearly Ready For The "SUBMIT" Button

Comments

• Once I get back from work this aft I will stick up the OR agreed SOA :)

DD I will happily "lurk" and help where I can :)
  • Day off tomorrow and going to have a beer or two - feel like a weight has well and truly been lifted!!

This may mean there is a delay on the above mentioned SOA : /

:beer:
    :j
  • debt_doctor
    debt_doctor Posts: 4,595 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Butts wrote: »
    DD as you acknowledged the OR was technically incorrect about allowing nothing for smoking - what figure as a member of the "magic circle" were you expecting would trigger their interest with regard to this ? - £50 , £100 ???
    Hi, The IS have NEVER allowed smoking as expenditure, and my thoughts are that it will take time to accept the fact that smoking is normal expenditure for many AND allowable as an expense.
    I think the average BR will get a much easier ride if they simply up their groceries figure to incorporate their smoking - even though they shouldn't have to.

I seem to remember that the OP s combined smoking and groceries figure took him way over in that overall category - the loss of smoking will have brought it in to balance (ish)

DD
    Debt Doctor, Debt caseworker, Citizens' Advice Bureau .
    Impartial debt advice services: Citizens Advice Bureau Find your local CAB *** National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000*** BSC No. 100 ***
  • Heard from the OR today:

The family car is fully exempt due to us needing 7 seats and the amount of miles I do for work : )

After moving the wife's pay down (as I had averaged the last 3 months but she can't work as much now due to my new job) I don't have to have an IPA. Just the NT tax bit to pay until April next year.

All done and dusted - feel very relieved and ready for the future.

Stopping smoking next - on day 3 of the Champix so should stop around the end of next week : )

Thanks again to all!
  • Great news you could keep the car. Even better news about the IPA.

I can't imagine what a relief it must be to get it all sorted. I'm still saving up for the fee's. I can't wait to be in your position and be able to start planning for my future. I wish you luck with yours! :beer:
  • debt_doctor
    debt_doctor Posts: 4,595 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Heard from the OR today:

The family car is fully exempt due to us needing 7 seats and the amount of miles I do for work : )

After moving the wife's pay down (as I had averaged the last 3 months but she can't work as much now due to my new job) I don't have to have an IPA. Just the NT tax bit to pay until April next year.

Stopping smoking next - on day 3 of the Champix so should stop around the end of next week : )

Thanks again to all!
    Hi, Thanks for the update and great news about the car and the lack of IPA.
    Your update (in red) of your allowances is very useful to this board, thank you.
    DD
    Debt Doctor, Debt caseworker, Citizens' Advice Bureau .
    Impartial debt advice services: Citizens Advice Bureau Find your local CAB *** National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000*** BSC No. 100 ***
  • Butts
    Butts Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Hi, Thanks for the update and great news about the car and the lack of IPA.
    Your update (in red) of your allowances is very useful to this board, thank you.
    DD

Indeed, with the £25 you were allowed to keep for Alcohol you can crack open a bottle to celebrate - well done :D
  • Butts wrote: »
    Indeed, with the £25 you were allowed to keep for Alcohol you can crack open a bottle to celebrate - well done :D

Already have!!

:beer:
  • luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Heard from the OR today:

Thanks again to all!

Brilliant news! onwards and upwards.
  • 74leeboy
    74leeboy Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Did you have a 2nd interview or did they go through everything the first interview ? Cheers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure