PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 17th July 2017

Comments

• Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    morning all

lovely here, have washing to peg out and DW to empty.

Off out shortly but I am going to make a start on the ironing of the Eiffel-like washing structure...not least because I can't fit it in the 'utility' (down-a-step bit of kitchen) as it wont fit on the worktop and under the wall cupboard :eek:
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,893 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning,

Can't wait to see pics of Rosie dog.
    I've had a lazy start as I am home alone all day and this evening! Unheard of, and very strange. I already need a kick up the back side to get going.

Clean washing returned to its rightful owners, another load just hung out and blowing around nicely. Going to sweep and mop the kitchen before I go out for a run. At least then I might let it dry before walking all over it. Then it is finding inventive uses for courgettes....I might make a courgette and lemon cake later. Hidden veg and all that.

Have a good Tuesday all.
  • embb
    embb Posts: 3,118 Forumite
    Morning lovelies :wave:

Welcome back tardis and exciting news about Rosie dog iona look forward to the pic x

Work this morning then a nip into town to the bank. Got my list ready for today, and half the dailies have been done. I see its still sunny urgh :p only thing its good for is drying washing haha :D

Grappling with changing careers atm, shall i shant I? Need full time hours, need a car, everything will change and im not good with change but really needs to be done at some point this year arrrgh ........meh!

Anyhoo, for now im off to do someones cleaning, laters gators xx
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,423 Forumite
    edited 18 July 2017 at 9:24AM
    You'll find photos of Rosie here (I hope!). Please note that I am kneeling down in the photo - I haven't had my legs shortened :rotfl: She's 4 years old, so fully grown.

She has been brilliant and stayed in her own bed all night. We went out for a walk down the lane first thing, and since she's come back I've had to steam mop the kitchen floor - you can guess why! Definitely wip, but she'll learn. The neighbours have already said that they want to get to know her so that they can look after her if we want to go away for a couple of days :D

Today's plan:
    Do everything that I didn't do yesterday!
  • embb
    embb Posts: 3,118 Forumite
    Awwww shes gorgeous, love the one where shes smiling :D im sure shell settle right in shes found a lovely home x

And now i really AM off to work, ciao x
  • Good morning everyone, Hope everyone is doing well.

Monday - Kitchen and Dining Room
    Sort out and wipe out the fridge - Full at the moment so will do this later in the week before next food shopping.
    Wipe over the hob and oven door
    HHI
    Deal with a hotspot
    Check prices for car insurance

Tuesday - Living room, Hall and downstairs Loo
    Take ds1 to his holiday group
    Let chickens out, feed animals and check for eggs.
    Take ds2 to childminder
    Provide DH with a list to keep him busy
    Office work
    Check ou for results
    Collect ds1
    Check emails and get rid of 50
    Check survey sites
    Holiday let ironing
    Sort diary for Friday as currently have myself in 2 places at once
    Collect ds2
    Look into birthday presents for dh
    Drink plenty of fluids...it's going to be a hot one today.
    Hoover/wipe the sofas
    S&S the sink and toilet
    Dust the electricals, front, back, sides and underneath
    Hoover the floor
    Wipe the windowledge
    HH tidying, decluttering, sorting
    Wipe some paintwork, skirting boards, behind the toilet/sink
    Order pet supplies or make vet appointments
    Clean out pets/pet bedding
    No pets or kids?read a book or do some craft

I think that is more than enough to be working on today, will be back later to catch up.
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning,

Been to pay for carpet and picked up a few bits from town including antiseptic throat spray :(

I've hung the washing out, bagged up all the old underlay and any other packaging and it's in my car boot. Was going to visit the tip but I feel grotty :o so I'm having the rest of the day off. Bleurgh.
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Iona what a beautiful dog! I'm sure she can be forgiven her error regarding the kitchen floor.:D

Busy, busy, busy again today - however a total of £16.60 has made it's way into my bank account today, for doing online surveys, so can't complain.

I need to pack Sasha's suitcase shortly, also give her a once-over with her Furminator so that she goes home looking smart, as she's being picked up this afternoon; but some good news is I have a new booking for a delightful Staffie, Bluebell, who stayed here earlier in the year - I've been requested even though I'm not the closest Carer to where she lives!

Easy dins tonight - sausage salad. Veggie Lincolnshire sausages and a large potato (for potato salad) have been cooked and put to cool; there's some fresh pineapple in the fridge that wants using up, so I shall include that on the plates, too. :drool:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi all

Back from a weeks holiday. Had a great time but DS2 had a 24 hour sickness bug while we were away and no surprise but I woke up feeling queasy this morning. Managed to do my morning at work but I feel like death now so taking myself off to bed in the hope that I can shake it off. Really cannot be ill this week.

Oh and you might remember that DS1 was applying for his dream job and I asked you for some special flylady job-finding-vibes. He got it. I actually cried when he told me. Some big hurdles still to cross but for the first time in his life my boy might actually get to do something meaningful and get a chance to get some qualifications!

Right, bed for me.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,893 Forumite
    Well done to YL's DS1 :T
    Get well soon vibes to Bossy and to YL.
    Beautiful dog, Iona. She's a very lucky girl to have you.

I didn't manage to mop the floor before going out for a jog, but did vac the kitchen and dining room. Mopped once I got back so that it could dry undisturbed while I went to the allotment. A bit hot for digging the potatoes, but they are done now. Until the next lot anyway. I thought I'd sit down and catch up with the thread, but actually don't want to move now! I really must motivate myself to get something crossed off today's list.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure