PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 12th June 2017

Comments

• SpikyHedgehog
    SpikyHedgehog Posts: 1,008 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Can I join please? I managed the Level 1s a couple of weeks ago, then had 2 weeks when DS2 (14yrs old) was refusing to go to school, and by the time I'd been to work each day, including time to talk to school & update them, check in on DS2, done the daily stuff, dragged DS2 out for a walk & fresh air, talked to him about why he'd not gone to school that day.... I had no energy for looking at the lists, let alone doing them :o

He did the end of the week at school the week before last, then more than half the week last week, and was in yesterday, so hope we've got past it for now! I do have an appt with school on Thursday to try to work out what more we can all do.

Work yesterday, so I aimed for Level 1 after work:
    Level 1

[STRIKE]Open window
    Empty waste bins
    Wipe shower screen or wash shower curtain
    Clean shower tray
    Clean taps, pipes and shower head
    Wipe tiles down[/STRIKE]

Level 2
    Dust windowsill
    Clean windows
    [STRIKE]Polish any mirrors
    Scrub toilet
    Wipe down outside of toilet
    [/STRIKE] (with S&S in the morning)
    Level 3
    Clean pull cord and door handles
    [STRIKE]Scrub basins
    Polish taps[/STRIKE] (with S&S in the morning)
    Polish towel rail
    sweep/mop floor

Extras
    Wipe down all tiles in here
    [STRIKE]Wash towels in a hot wash
    Put out fresh fluffy towels[/STRIKE]

Also, did bin bag dance and cleaned out litter tray - Tuesday is bin day in Spikyland, so Monday is bins and litter tray day.

Looked for a USB to phone connector for DS2 to upload music to his phone and thought I'd seen it among the dust bunny herd on my chest of drawers in my bedroom. So corralled up the pens, hair clips, scouts badges from there and released the dust bunnies to the wild, but it wasn't there. So I looked in the other place I thought it could be and picked it straight up... Ah well, COD needed doing anyway. Of course, by now my bed was covered in a fine layer of dust, so changed the sheets.

And I'd washed out 1 of the fridge drawers on Sunday, so did the other 1 & cleaned the bottom of the fridge before putting away the veg I'd got when shopping after work.
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #37 - waterproof wearing cage customiser, chief of cable ties and duct tape

It's me, DS1 (24), DS2 (16), and the lurcher.
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,290 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Narc0lepsy wrote: »
    Rather oddly when I got in the car this morning, I noticed that the back number plate was missing. I can't believe my little Hyunda1 roller-skate counts as collectible and it isn't meaningful so presume it dropped off somewhere.

Oooh, dont wont to worry you but I saw something on the telly about people pinching number plates to put on their own similar car so they can avoid speeding tickets/parking fines/congestion charges. But then in all honesty it's more likely that it's fallen off or something!

Dizzy wondering how long you have been out of the house now, it seems to be taking a phenomenal amount of time. Hope it does feel like the end is in sight.

I went out to a new voluntary group last night. Get me. This is all about me meeting more people/doing new things/increasing my confidence. DH worries that I dont have time for this but its not a huge time commitment and I am doing it on a trial basis.

So today, two lots of paid stuff, possibly a meeting tonight for work, and a gym class if I can squeeze it in. Flying too somewhere!

Have a good Tuesday everyone x
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Morning all

Still feel iffy - light headed and dizzy, and craving crisps, white bread and bacon - none of which we have in the house! Odd. I have decided to send DS to pre-school an extra today so I can sleep and catch up. Working rest of the week so must feel right for that.

YL - Check you out, that's fab! Well done for having the guts to do it.

I was wondering the same Dizzy when will you be back in the house? x

Trying to galvanise 4 y.o DD out of bed - awake at 5.45 every day in half term, why not on a school day?!

Flying today will be limited to DW and WM, sorry :oxx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning!

I'm all done and printed! :T:j

I've also got to grips with parentpay to sort DD school trip, and filled in the permission slip and 2 page health and safety declaration :eek:

I need to put my grocery delivery away and organise the fridge, then I will stick a wash on and empty the DW.

I have cleaned the downstairs loo so ill do upstairs too before lunch. I may visit a flooring place this aft to see about a stair carpet, and I'm thinking of new laminate in the hall while I'm at it... Yikes I'll have to stop spending soon. This redundancy money ain't gonna last another 2 years if I carry on like this lol.

Right, I can switch my laptop off now hurrah, and off I go!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Flung a load in the WM and that's all the flying I've done as been working right through to now. Think I've caught up now though. Stinking headache; going to have another glass of water and will do lunch fairly soon then off to Mr L for some food shopping but will take Whiz with me and give him a run on the common first. Then back for flying.

Bossy well done you on getting all up together! It is amazing though how quickly money goes when you have stuff you want to get done with the house.

ATB sorry you're still feeling out of sorts, hope it goes soon.

YL well done for stepping outside your comfort zone and going to that new group - very impressive!

Spiky Hedgehog hi and welcome!!

Dizzy oh I hear you with showers etc being mucked up by other members of the family - maddening isn't it! At least it was nice for a while.

Lynne hate to say it but it's nice here - move to Bristol!!

Valli well done on weight loss - feels good doesn't it!! The owner of Huck (my loan horse) has lost over 6 stone since joining SW and I've managed to go from 12 stone 4 to 11 stone 6 in 7 weeks purely from exercise and am slowly rediscovering my waist!!

Iona again, you wear me out!

Pigpen hope you're OK
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning... Just!
    Well done Bossy! And I'm in awe of you YL. Well done for having the push to get out there. I haven't, so I think you're great!

Note to self....when a "surprise" day off comes along, don't make plans! I had even kept the day off a secret to avoid getting anyone else's to do list....but this morning DD still had such a headache that she is off school sick. Still I have pretty much got the living room together, apart from the vacuum cleaning which I will do now that she has got up. I also drove across the small town to go to Mr T's. Mainly to get a few more bedding plants (for my new improved MAD front garden:D), but when he also sent me a money off shop voucher last night, it seemed rude not to use it on the grocery shop as well :money:. So groceries bought with money off, but the bedding plants were dire. Just from want of a little tlc. On the way there and back I avoided a mad driver who thought he could see round corners, but didn't avoid a stupid pigeon. Luckily it did no damage, as the car is finally being traded in at the end of the month!

Right, on with vacuum cleaning the LR, then I might take a sneaky peak out in the back garden. Obviously now that DD is in the shower, I can't possibly clean the bathroom :p.
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Slept for three hours after school run, then drank two cans of coke :eek: which I normally hate, but they made me feel a million times better :j

Took the dog to the vets for a check up, then bathed her. Also put fuel in and did a very small (5 items!) top up shop. DD has her first school trip tomorrow so I wanted to make sure she has her favourite bits in :)

Washed the dogs stinky bedding and posted on my MFW diary. Will do kiddies tea shortly then think about ours. Phew!
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    My feet ache! Haven't done half of what I planned to, either. Ah well.

Kiddies are fed, showered and in bed, kitchen is clean (maybe not the floor) and everything is ready for morning.

Neighbour just returned my key, they are probably moving next week :( hope the new ones are nice.

Think I'll do some reading. Feels a bit odd, not having work to do!

Night all xx
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Duckydo
    Duckydo Posts: 100 Forumite
    Glad to hear you're enjoying placements Iona, while I'm loving being a stay at home mum, I sometimes do miss the classroom.
    Perhaps the craving foods and feeling better after a caffeine boost is a sign to slow down atb, or is it something else ;)

I've done it again! I've stuck to the list and have a clean living room now. Feeling like I'm winning, just need to keep it up all week.
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Evening everyone and welcome Spiky
    Mumof2 wrote: »
    Lynne hate to say it but it's nice here - move to Bristol!! .........
    I'd love to move out of Scotland. I really don't like it here and not just the weather. There are a lot of problems not least the racial abuse for being English. We only moved here to look after DH's father due to illness and he's now passed.

However, with DH being over sixty he's worried he would find it difficult to find another job, especially as good as the one he has. So I'm hanging in atm. He is planning to take early retirement in eighteen months, all things being equal, and then all this place will see of us will be a clean pair of heels :rotfl:

Did the dailies.
    Bank accounts checked and money shuffled.
    Spent about four hours doing a load of prepping, cooking, portioning and freezing. Most of fridge now empty.
    I then cleaned all the kitchen, including the floor.

MAD today was emptying under the side tables in the LR. All swept out, everything cleaned and only replaced what should be there, such as spare glasses, headphones and cables and other such clutter.

Hugs, sticks and spoons to anyone needing some
    Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories