The Grapevine - any advice?

Options
13»

Comments

• moneysavy1
    Options
    Seems like they have had some groups recently in London, did anyone go along or get contacted?
  • ssmith123
    ssmith123 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    moneysavy1 wrote: »
    Seems like they have had some groups recently in London, did anyone go along or get contacted?

I was invited to their group discussion on coffee after signing up. I must say it was great to be paid £50 just to share my opinions on coffee, and I got sandwiches and refreshments too.

If anyone else wants to sign up the link I used is grapevinepanel.co.uk/join-grapevine/
  • S_46
    S_46 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I have heard some good things about Grapevine too. I know some people who have taken part in their groups and they said they were good fun and paid pretty well too!
  • Boadicea
    Boadicea Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    I have experienced similar problems to other MSE members with Crowdology, Grapevine and RDSI - many of the surveys they send out allow you to spend 20 or 30 minutes laboriously completing their surveys, you are thanked for completing the survey, then the end page 'mysteriously' fails and you are not paid. Emails to the company - if they are answered at all - are terse to the point of rudeness and always refuse to pay you the money you are owed.

Of course you completed the survey in full, so the company gets paid, but you don't! Nice little scam isn't it?! It's also a nice little earner for the company - how they must laugh at the dupes earning their income for them, knowing they have no intention of paying them for their time.

Avoid these bunch of crooks at all costs - unless you enjoy wasting your time and being robbed of money due to you!!
  • Boadicea
    Boadicea Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    I've been with Grapevine a couple of months and normally get screened out of their surveys however I was finally accepted for two this morning,one each from Samplicio and Cintworks (surely a misspelling?). ;)

I spent 45 mins - 1 hr and completed both 100% only to attempt submission and payment and be given a 403 Forbidden message!So they have my answers but have reneged on their obligation to pay me.Outrageous. :mad:

If we defraud a company,individual or the Government we are subject to the rule of law and punished accordingly;does this not apply to survey sites?Apparently not.

As already mentioned in this thread,emailing this company seems to be a waste of time so I won't be wasting any more of mine.I am cancelling my registration immediately and suggest you do the same.

Avoid.
    Couldn't agree with you more, Silvercloud! I do not believe that all these end of survey software 'errors' (which are always in their favour) are anything other than a deliberate con; the company gets paid for the survey being completed, but the survey taker does not. They are a bunch of fraudsters. As you so rightly say, avoid them at all costs!
  • Munnymonsta
    Munnymonsta Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    I have been with Crowdology for a couple of months and cashed out once with no problem at all and they rectified a mistake on this months balance so I have been happy with them so far BUT I am having problems cashing out this month.
    I keep getting a message saying that 'Payment solution is not available, try again later'
    I have tried lots of times but nothing.
    I have also emailed Crowdology three times but NO reply.
    Is anyone else having this problem please?
  • Munnymonsta
    Munnymonsta Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    I have been with Crowdology for a couple of months and cashed out once with no problem at all and they rectified a mistake on this months balance so I have been happy with them so far BUT I am having problems cashing out this month.
    I keep getting a message saying that 'Payment solution is not available, try again later'
    I have tried lots of times but nothing.
    I have also emailed Crowdology three times but NO reply.
    Is anyone else having this problem please?

************ FOLLOW UP , GOT A REPLY AND PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED. :j
    I suppose they get a lot of emails so maybe they hadn't been picked up.
    Keep trying to contact them with any problems I'm sure they will sort it out eventually. They seem like a pretty reliable company!
  • ssmith123
    Options
    Apparently Grapevine had some groups running recently in London. I missed out, did anyone go? What was it like?
  • SiobhanMaher
    Options
    Has anyone ever done a market research group?

I have recently attended one and it was great fun! I got £70 for a 2hr group just talking about my skincare and giving ideas on new skincare products.

If you google 'grapevine market research' the sign up link should come up.
    They email you with any upcoming projects in their area.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Has anyone ever done a market research group?

I have recently attended one and it was great fun! I got £70 for a 2hr group just talking about my skincare and giving ideas on new skincare products.

If you google 'grapevine market research' the sign up link should come up.
    They email you with any upcoming projects in their area.

Yes loads of people have done a Grapevine survey, not everyone will post on hee though, only needed to post the same thread once though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure