Mis-sold Income Protection Insurance???

Options
Hello,
I'm after some advice please, any help would be great. I have Income Protection Insurance (IPI), which I was forced to take out to be able to get a loan with Natwest, I really needed the money so had no choice :mad:. The IPI I have is from a company called UNUM. My question is can I make a claim for the mis-selling of this Insurance product? Since reading about PPI I am very upset that I was forced to take this product to get the loan as I now believe this is not the case and I didn't need IPI. I have all of the paperwork from Natwest that was completed to get the IPI. It was taken out in 2003 but I still have it :o. I refused to take PPI out on subsequent loans as I have this IPI. Can I make a claim against Natwest/Unum or is it wishful thinking?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,378 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 12 June 2011 at 10:21PM
    Options
    answered on your duplicate thread:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3291764

Please use that other thread to prevent duplication of conversation.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure