New Luma credit card ?

Comments

• how does the deposit have to be paid? By cheque? By account transfer?
  • reclusive46
    reclusive46 Posts: 2,698 Forumite
    just applied over the phone and got a 'no decision' which likely means a rejection. oh well ..

Actually there instant decision thing does not work on weekends. It says on there website Monday to Friday up to 5PM I think (Not sure on time really).

So applying on the weekend will mean it will wait until the next working day for it to give a decision.
  • jasonwatkins
    jasonwatkins Posts: 2,420
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Actually there instant decision thing does not work on weekends. It says on there website Monday to Friday up to 5PM I think (Not sure on time really).

So applying on the weekend will mean it will wait until the next working day for it to give a decision.

Interesting. I still expect a rejection, but we'll see.
  • Lulee36
    Lulee36 Posts: 197 Forumite
    Quick service applied online and 3 days later pin arrived
  • hi all, my first post :)
    I just wanted to say that despite their literature on the website, if you apply and you already have a Capital One card, they will cancel your application.
    When I spoke to the not-so-knowledgeable offshore call centre, the gentleman told me that my application had been cancelled. Not declined but cancelled. I told him that had no meaning to me and to explain, he tried but still made no sense so I asked to speak with someone else. The manager came on the phone and told me that it was due to Capital One's internal lending policy that the application was cancelled and I stated that made no sense to me either. I said an application can be accepted or declined but cancelled means you dealt with it as if I hadn't applied at all (despite the credit check on my file) He told me that the application was cancelled as Capital One's internal lending policy states that you can not hold more than one card with them, as I already have another card with them, I couldn't have the Luma. (I have held my Capital One account for 8 years or so, have never missed a payment) I said that the Luma website says you can have a card even if you have a Capital One card and said I'd like to make a formal complaint. I'm expecting a call from the UK team on Monday. Isn't it annoying when companies say one thing and do another?!?
  • Lulee36
    I have a progress card and classic card and accepted for a luma card with 1500 limit
  • I've got a Luma card, just got my acceptance letter this morning. I was a bankrupt in 2008, discharged 2009, part of the bankruptcy was a Capital one loan and a Capital One credit card!! I see someone's already said on here, this is something to do with Granite/Vanquis which I've had for year or so now and have been "good" with that, always paying on time and having regular increases. I'm wanting to take advantage of the no interest period on the Luma until Jan to move my Vanquis balance but just thought I'd mention, I never thought I'd get one with my history, obviously you never know!!
  • Hi its my first time posting on this site, but i applied online for the new luma credit card.(i do already have a capital one classic card) Got a letter saying we are delighted to tell you we have accepted you application and to send back the signed credit agreement.
    I done that and today i phoned them and now they saying it is in the final checks and i will hear something in the next 7-10 working days.
    Now i dont see how they can send me a letter of being accepted and now saying they doing checks.
  • Lulee36
    When I applied they just sent me a pun number 3 days later and an email with log on details yo set up Internet access where I could view my limit etc
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Lulee36 wrote: »
    When I applied they just sent me a pun number 3 days later and an email with log on details yo set up Internet access where I could view my limit etc

How long did it take for the card to arrive after you got your PIN?
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure