Comments

• m1lkster
    m1lkster Posts: 51 Forumite
    thanks for the tip.
    have done this but no joy.
    any ideas please?
  • janew_3
    janew_3 Posts: 4 Newbie
    I was looking for opinions on the same question. Methinks large companies don't come on the market often; perhaps some of the bigger players might be interested. So I'll probably give them a go for a year anyway. smiley:
  • Hi can someone please confirm that the account that charges £7 for buy/sell and has no annual charge is the "Register online account".? Its the account second option from left on there website.

Thanks.

P.S. I'm new to this but thinking about buying for a while. Has anyone any tips for website to look at (realtime share prices) good HYP lists etc...

Thanks again.
  • mattbass
    mattbass Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    printerman wrote:
    Hi can someone please confirm that the account that charges £7 for buy/sell and has no annual charge is the "Register online account".? Its the account second option from left on there website.

Thanks.

P.S. I'm new to this but thinking about buying for a while. Has anyone any tips for website to look at (realtime share prices) good HYP lists etc...

Thanks again.

RE HoodlesBrennan you are correct in your information. Register for the general dealing account.

for realtime share prices

http://www.advfn.com/

It is tricky to start with and you will have to register to get a decent veiwing time.
  • Has any one ever herd of spread betting, you don’t pay broker fees, they just make their money based on what the buy/sell price is(spread). I suppose this would only be of interest to people who are planning to use brokers often. It might be more beneficial for people that hold stocks for long term to use brokers.

A good place for historical data and analysis:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=%5EFTSE
  • Hi, HSBC do online trading which you control...invest direct, there are smaller charges (depending on the size of your investment) from about £10 per transaction. You can have a fantasy portfolio which you can play around with shares to get more comfortable with it (if your quite new to all this like me!...I'm used to pieces of paper!).
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you have." Mark Twain
  • I think spread betting is too risky because you never know how much you're going to pay. Also you don't see what costs you're making. It could be an option if the spread is maximised and the costs are shown to you.

Pat

http://investment-optimizer.blogspot.com/
  • Hello,

I'm new to share dealing, I hope this is in the correct forum.

I know of a dormant UK company that may soon become a shell company in a reverse takeover. Would it be wise to buy stock in the shell company in the hope of a price rise after the takeover. I realise this depends on the performance of the private company but do they take any measures to devalue the old shares or are there any other pitfalls to this idea.

Thanks alot
  • Hi guys

i'm new to stock trading and have been doing a lot of paper trading before diving into the market proper. Can anyone please tell how or where i can get information on the various performing sectors and their different expansion and contraction seasons as i am well aware that this information is vital to picking out a the right stock as it relates to performance and high percentage yields.

Hoping i can get some help from someone. Thanks guys and have a wonderful day.
  • Hi Guys

Can anyone help me with some advice please?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure