Slimming for Santa - Slimming World Support Thread 2017

Options

Comments

• p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,820 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry Denise I forgot I even wrote that. Well I chopped up a load of red cabbage, carrots and red onion with some black pepper and then just enough normal Hellmans mayo to coat it all (and a big stir). The bread was "Burgens Linseed and Soya" free from gluten/wheat and dairy. And added some thin chopped tomatoes.

Was yummy! Better than my Cheese and pickle with full fat Lurpak every day lol

What do you guys tend to eat at lunch?

Like you I'm 'winging it', although I do have the starter pack books.
    To make this more SW friendly, use fat free natural yoghurt instead of Helmans as this has no syns. Fat free cottage cheese and quark are also useful no-syn substitutes. The cabbage / carrot / onion combo is good though.

Bread is basically to be avoided, other than two small slices of wholemeal bread that you can have as an HEB option.

I've got into a habit of having 'brunch' - my two small slices of wholemeal bread, either toasted with baked beans, or as a side to a kipper or 2-egg omlette, or in a ham or prawn salad sandwich.All syn free as long as you have the bread as your HEB and don't butter it.
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Greatorex1987 I would recommend Aldi's Lighter than Light mayo, 1/2 syn per tablespoon. There are probably light versions of other brands too. I'm a mayo fan - have been known to eat it from the jar with a spoon in the past - and it's an acceptable alternative. You can use it as spread on bread to keep the syns down if you like. It took me a few weeks to get my head around SW and I was going to group for 3 months, now doing it on my own.

For lunches I will have leftovers from dinner the night before, HM soup, jacket potato with salad and various fillings, salads though not so much when it's colder, cold pasta salads are good if you can't warm anything up at lunchtime, boiled eggs with crispbreads rather than bread, always fruit, maybe yoghurt. I don't often have bread at lunch because my HEB is usually cereal in the morning - if I'm going to eat bread in the day I skip the cereal.

Hope this helps - you'll get your head around it!
  • Moneysaverme
    Options
    Morning all,

I had a quick catch up on the thread. Hugs and well wishes to all those who are poorly or struggling. Welcome to all those who are joining us, it's a great group of supportive and lovely people. BEANIE, I'm so happy you're in the elusive elevens, I'm there too but just hanging in at 11 st 12. I'll be happier when I'm closer to half way marker. I'm sorry to hear you are injured and under the weather, it makes it harder to eat right. KATHRYN, thanks so much for keeping us on track and always making time to comment especially when you are struggling. I am very grateful and I really hope things turn around for you soon. Well done MRS R on your graduation, hope it was fab.

I have been a bit off plan this week so am happy to report a STS note to self, must try harder this week, but things are still tough in my life so I'm happy to be clinging onto my SW aims by my fingernails!

Wishing everyone a restful weekend and strength to continue to push for their targets x
    Weight loss 2017/2018 - 49 lbs
  • Matron_Midge
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    Your sandwich wasn't really very SW friendly unfortunately - the bread is 5.5 syns per slice and normal mayo is 5 syns per Tbs and I suspect you used more than that, so your sandwich was at least 16 syns which is more than a day's syns!

Denise

You can have one slice of that bread as your He b though so it will be within daily syns as long as you didn't have any other syns/heb's.
    I love that bread, it's very filling and makes amazing toast.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Just a quick post with my menu plan:

B - BLT sandwich - HEB + 0.5 for LTL mayo instead of spread
    L - roast beef salad
    D - HM chicken curry/rice

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - mayo 0.5; wine 15

Denise
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Mrs_Ryan wrote: »
    Hi all
    Not going into the specifics of what I’ve been eating :D
    But today is my graduation day! Can’t believe it’s finally here. Just wanted to say thanks for all the support up to this stage in my quest to lose weight for my special day. I’ll be back soon xxx

Congratulations Mrs R 🥂

Wi with STS (-.2 :D) think my midweek hm curry is holding me back but as hubby makes it as I’m on a course I can’t refuse can I? :D

Had great fun in my purple spotted onesie yesterday for children in Need! The kids loved it but I was rather hot :D.

Have a good weekend all :A
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Well I did manage to go to the spin class this morning though (& don't laugh) I walked out of it half way thorough.

In my defence I didn't feel right (think I'm going down with something which is backed up by the fact I went to bed last night @ 9.30), I found the bikes uncomfortable & more importantly I wasn't enjoying it. The younger me would have stayed but the older me thought that already 25 minutes of my life I won't get back so blow it.

WI saw +1/2 which I'm ok with especially after the weekend away.

Got a pinch of nom easy chicken curry in the slow cooker for tonight's tea & a shopping order coming tomorrow so I can do a shepherds pie & other meals ready for a batch cook session tomorrow.

still trying to work out that incentive but will keep at it as I know I've come too far to let things slip back to how they were
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all.

Moneysaverme we weigh the same and we've lost roughly the same too if your signatures correct!

Finished yesterday on 12 syns. I checked everything I ate and realised I'd not been counting odd ones eg mint sauce in yoghurt dressing - only 1/2 but it all adds up. I've gone back to keeping a record of all I eat so should be more accurate.

Todays menu:
    B Lemon greek yoghurt (free) rasps and banana
    L Staffordshire oatcake with 2 LF sausages and egg, was going to have tomatoes but none left, pear, satsuma. I'm counting the oatcake as my HEB -( not strictly SW approved but same syns as a slice of bread and nothing in it to cause alarm)
    D Pasta bake of some description with lots of veggies
    HEA milk
    Syns 3 for the sausage, others if I use cheese in the pasta.

Have a good weekend all.
  • Deja_Vu
    Deja_Vu Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Missed breakfast this morning and ended up picking up a pack of crisps without thinking when catching up with a friend mid morning. According to google its 6.5 syns so if that's right its not a disaster.
    Spiced Beans on toast for lunch 2 syns for the butter and I've got a cottage pie base in the slow cooker for tonight that's padded out with green lentils, onion, mushrooms, carrots and peas so there'll be loads for the freezer too.
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    I have had a strange day... and an oops day.

Breakfast - cereal (HEB) and rice milk (no idea)
    Took mum out, so missed lunch (she had cake - I had a banana)
    Then when I got home I went OOT.

2 tins of mushy peas, with ham.

Then

Fat free cottage cheese and more ham

then

Banana, FF yog and my oops... another HEB (I'd forgotten that I had it this morning!)

No tea for me!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport