Facebook Ruined My Christmas

Comments

• DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Anyone else out there hate Facebook more than me right now?

Reading the responses it seems it's touch and go whether it is Facebook or you which is hated most. ;):D
  • S0litaire
    S0litaire Posts: 3,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Now I've thought upon this, I'm thinking it's the OP's fault NOT Facebooks...

Think about it!

If their are only 2 people in that house (One with FB account, one without) then as far as Facebook knows only 1 person lives at that address.

So yes it will show ads for things searched for and bought from that IP address in it's timeline...

If the OP had their own Facebook account, then Facebook would know that multiple users are at that IP address and it would keep the ads separate... (Since that's the whole point of targeted ads, you get ads specific to your searches and actions, not based on someone else's).

In short the OP ruined the other half's Christmas by NOT having a Facebook account... :P
    Laters

Sol

"Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 2,620 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    What are these ads in Facebook? Oh, that's right my adblocker prevents me from seeing any!
  • OP ruined Xmas by not knowing what OP is doing. OP and his Mrs are obviously using the same computer, using the same Windows account, and probably the same browser session with all the cookies from both users. How would any external source know it is a different person or not based on that.
  • robpw2
    robpw2 Posts: 14,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Maybe
    I don't use Facebook, my computer has never been used for Facebook, I don't even have an account!

pray do tell (because im obviously too dense to understand) how did facebook tell your wife what you bought when you a) dont have an account and b) you dont use facebook ..

did mark zuckerberg spy on you through your webcam and message your wife to tell her ???

Slimming world start 28/01/2012 starting weight 21st 2.5lb current weight 17st 9-total loss 3st 7.5lb
    Slimmer of the month February , March ,April
  • Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    There is commonsense.
    There is no sense.
    There is nonsense.

Then there are MSE Polls.

You choose...
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,549 Forumite
    I hate to be the one to tell you, but your wife is obviously having an affair with the postman! :D

Dont be silly she is far too busy with the Milkman, but hey free milk and eggs etc, Im not complaining :)
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• economic
    economic Posts: 3,002 Forumite
    Dont be silly she is far too busy with the Milkman, but hey free milk and eggs etc, Im not complaining :)

lol. thats quite funny.
  • Shoot I knew I shouldn't reply to this thread, :mad: I am now trending on twitface and fa-twit, worse though it's just appeared on snapcrackle and pop and Alexei ,No-Siree Good-girl and Cort-in-the-actor:D
    So-shall network no more
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,549 Forumite
    Shoot I knew I shouldn't reply to this thread, :mad: I am now trending on twitface and fa-twit, worse though it's just appeared on snapcrackle and pop and Alexei ,No-Siree Good-girl and Cort-in-the-actor:D
    So-shall network no more

Im afraid it just gets worse and worse for you ol chap..

Just by replying to this message all your neighbours know where you live.
    Your credit card company knows your credit card number.
    Your bank knows how many accounts you have and worse how much money you do/do not have.

Turn off your power quickly before it gets worse. Only switched my power back on to warn you :)

I can sell you some lucky milk and eggs, we have far more than we need, but our milkman is so nice to keep giving it out freely i cannot say no :)
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure