Apple muncher's number crunching

Comments

• Pearla*Merle
    Pearla*Merle Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Have a lovely time :) Those wool mugshots will be waiting for you upon your return :D
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,915 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    have a fabulous time x
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Have a wonderful time, apple xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,707 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Thank you one and all! :D

We are in a local cafe in a converted church - with free wifi. Yay! We came out in cagoules fully zipped up against the wind but yesterday dd was wave jumping in the north sea. Bless her that she didn't insist I stay in with her - I was allowed to watch from the wet sand instead.

I have knitted 2 full monsters - boy are they BIG - and a small owl and dd and I have made up a pattern for a 1-piece (except for the ears) doggy. I'm sewing it up in a contrasting colour, blanket stitch. Looks pretty good!

MSE stuff going on? Not really, although I'm noting all the spends. We did go round several charity shops this morning and came away with a tee-shirt for dd, 2 vest tops for me (one was in a basket of '3 for £1' but dd only approved of one of the 3 I had, so I wasn't going to get 2 that she would pull a face at! Defo NOT joy-sparking!). And dd somehow acquired a shelf-full of books. Not sure who will carry them home yet... Probably muggins here...

Keto eating has been going quite well, especially as I know v little about it :D and have had no interweb to find out more. But apart from dd's lavender and honey scone that I have just eaten, I've basically kept off carbs and sugar and fruit. ANd filled up on fat then protein then veg. We'll see what the result is either when I'm at my sister's or when I get home. I did bring along a pair of rather snug shorts, as a measure of hip width...

enough wittering. Off to mooch.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Pearla*Merle
    :rotfl: on the book buys, that's usually what I manage to get up to on holiday as well :D Alas I have no one to carry them home for me (Mr Merle is NO help :rotfl:)
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • apple_muncher
    Now at my sister's and wifi readily available - yay!!!

BIL is a whizz at posting stuff so he'll be getting as many books as dd will allow so that he can parcel them up for us!

Off to have a catch up read...
  • apple_muncher
    It is raining.

However, I have done some sums. Twice. And ended up with slightly different answers so will take the lower one. By my reckoning, looking at our mortgage account for July, £497 has been paid in from my bank account so far and £870 from our joint accounts (ch benefit, work I did for the exam board...), totalling £1367. And that is before the monthly mortgage payment of £700 goes out. Am rather chuffed! It means we have already knocked 1 month off the final date, and are well on the way to 'finding' the extra 4400 to enable us to pay it off by the end of 2018.

Will do a final scoop over of residue monies at the end of the month.

I love being at my sister's - other people to entertain dd for free. BIL and lego; sister and sewing/allotment; cousin and play play play! Boring ol' mama gets left alone and doesn't know what to do with herself so she has nabbed some crafting books for a mooch and will then blanket stitch the latest monster...maybe
  • Pearla*Merle
    :T on the monies!

Enjoy your quiet time ;)
  • apple_muncher
    Went to bed with dd at about 8.30 and slept for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaages. much better!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Clearly much needed, apple!

Enjoy your time away - DD sounds like she's having a brilliant time! :)

xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure