Warning - Noddle (callcredit) the 'free' credit check that isn't

1235»

Comments

• zenmaster
    zenmaster Posts: 3,151 Forumite
    Noddle are a bunch of muppets.

I have tried and failed to register on a number of occasions.

I sent them an email
    I have lived at the address provided, been on the electoral roll and had the same telephone number for over 25 years.

I have used the same name, and no other, for almost 60 years.

The card details I provided are for a card which was activated in 2011 and successfully used for a purchase today.
    This was their response
    We're unable to tell you the exact reason that we couldn’t verify your identity but some of the most common reasons are a recent house move or name change, not being on the Electoral Roll or that the credit card details provided couldn’t be verified, this could be due to the card being relatively new.

I hope Santa's got them on his naughty list.
    a lot more is available free of charge , https://www.clearscore.com/ , inc your tt file !!!
    This lot were much more amenable, thanks Freddy.

Now all I have to worry about is why Virgin Media appear to be doing an ID check every couple of months. After all, I've only had an account with them for about 15 years.
  • I've had the same issue with trying to register with Noddle and then, as advised by Noddle to check my credit information using call credit ltd website who hold the data.
    I had the following error on both sites.
    "Sorry, we haven’t been able to verify your identity and can’t provide your credit report.
    Unfortunately we’re not able to provide you with access to your credit report as we’ve not been able to verify your identity from the details provided. As your credit report contains confidential financial information we need to make sure that we only make it available to you.
    We cannot confirm the exact reason that we couldn’t verify your identity but some of the most common reasons are a recent house move or name change, not being on the Electoral Roll or that the card details provided couldn’t be verified, this could be due to the card being relatively new.
    We regularly update our processes to allow more people to be automatically matched so please do come back and try again.
    "

I hope that they don't take any funds - they said they take a penny from your bank account and refund it - similar to when you sign up of a Paypal account. I’ve lived at the same address for 11 years and the 2 banks card I tried are not new plus I’m on the electoral role. I believe their data is invalid.
    So much for the TalkTalk offer. In the news, they said they would offer Experian. I'm going to have to watch my bank account like a hawk to see if they take any subs!
  • no , nowhere in the garbage from TT did it say expedian , they said "Sign up to your free credit reporting service " and added "We have partnered with Noddle, one of the leading credit reference agencies, to offer 12 months of credit monitoring alerts for all customers"

noodle is ok , I have used them for a couple of years , I suggest that you follow the like I gave for clearscore (free), as its a better setup
  • jogu
    jogu Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    It's worth noting that one of the services that callcredit provides is selling lists of verified consumer contact details to businesses that want to do 'direct marketing' (ie. send you spam, cold call you, etc).

I would be very suspicious & hesitant about giving them much in the way of contact details. I would be interested to hear if someone has a theory about how they're funding this 'free' service...
  • mine was free, but i heard this was a big problem for some people
  • I have used Noddle for around 2 years and never once had money taken from my account
  • Thank you, for the warning.

I got to the bit that asks for the three-digit number at the back of my debit card.... Alarm bells started ringing. Why the hell would you need this detail if you didn't need to take money from me??

So, I stopped there. Thank God!!

Recently a widower, with two little people of 8 and 10 to look after, I could do without a another money drain.

Mike
  • I was worried when I saw that they wanted my cvv information and have not proceeded to sign up with noodle
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    All they need the information for is so that they can pre-authorise a small amount on the card, they do not actually take anything, to help in confirming the person asking for the information is the actual named person.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure