Fake MSE sites

Options

Comments

• Tarian
    Options
    It doesn't help that the new MSE "skin" looks a bit "fake" - but that's a result of following the recent fad for re-designing websites to look minimalist.

Surely "Fisher Price" style "First Websites" with large, monotone panels/slabs and white space are easier to copy ?

Minimalism might please arty types, but lack of detail, colour, borders, rounded buttons, shading etc looks lazy and unsophisticated.

NatWest and RBS customers said that their website redesigns look "fake" - and one can see why.
    :A
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    edited 15 November 2015 at 1:32AM
    Options
    I think this site is fake. It's a poor imitation of the MSE forums that I used to know.
  • Former_MSE_Helen
    Former_MSE_Helen Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    edited 24 November 2015 at 6:23PM
    Options
    Some have voiced concerns about an unknown transaction being taken by a firm they wrongly believe to be MSE...
    Read the full story:

Warning: Money-Saver.net is NOT MoneySavingExpert.com – we don't take your cash

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
  • TrustyOven
    Options
    MSE_Helen wrote: »
    Some have voiced concerns about an unknown transaction being taken by a firm they wrongly believe to be MSE...

How??
    The other website doesn't even look like MSE and doesn't even have the same name...
    Goals
    Save £12k in 2017 #016 (£4212.06 / £10k) (42.12%)
    Save £12k in 2016 #041 (£4558.28 / £6k) (75.97%)
    Save £12k in 2014 #192 (£4115.62 / £5k) (82.3%)
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Not a clone, but at the very least scraping the forum's content for their own ends,

http://www.donotlink.com/hkjv
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • StaffsSW
    StaffsSW Posts: 5,788 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's terrible when somebody copies your hard work and passes it off as their own.

I can't imagine that MSE or Martin would ever condone such activity.
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
  • Tiggeronlytig
    Options
    Hi

Found this link on Facebook. Looks like you are endorsing this scheme? I think its a fake. Please advise.

Can't post the link because I'm new !!!!!!!!!!

Which links to this website

Magnum Options

Again I can't post the link because I'm new.

The links goes to an exact copy on the MSE forum endorsing the scheme.

Anyway looks like a money making scheme being endorsed by Martin and MSE forum. Thought you should know a get the advert removed from Facebook.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 January 2018 at 1:53PM
    Options
    https://life-cover1.co.uk/?money-saving-expert&keyword=money%20saving%20expert&gclid=EAIaI%20%20QobChMI04r4y9ze2AIVg7ftCh3SHA5DEAAYAiAAEgLgbvD_BwE

using full logo and "endorsement"

Quotes123
    Money Saving Expert Life Insurance
    Life Cover Starting from £5 a Month*
    Complete Below & Get A FREE Quote!
    Money Saving Expert
    Life insurance from Money Saving Expert
    Compare The UK’s Top Insurers
    £200,000 of Life Cover from £5 a Month*
    No Medical Required
    Guaranteed Acceptance Regardless of Age*
    Free, No Obligation Quotes
    Get A Free Quote Now
    Cover required for Date of Birth
    First Name

Last Name

Email

Phone

Address

Postcode

Get My Quote
    By clicking "Get My Quote" you agree to be contacted by telephone or email by an FCA Authorised Advisor or Non-Advisory Firm and confirm that you have read and agreed to our Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy

Quotes123 Trust Seals
    We compare the UK market
    Money Saving Expert Life Insurance
    Legal general life insuranceBeagle Street life insuranceASDA life insuranceAviva life insuranceSmart Insurnace life insurance
    home|about us|why us|terms and conditions|privacy policy|contact us
    *Disclaimer:
    Individual results may vary. Actual quotes are based on a number of factors including but not limited to: number of policies, term, age, and types of policies. Guaranteed acceptance plans available for Over 50 applicants, regardless of current medical condition. Premiums vary. Lowest premium quotes are awarded to individuals with ideal health factors, such as age and terms.

Life-Cover1.co.uk is an independent insurance consulting firm who specializes in matching individuals to the best insurance policy companies for their needs. We do no issue or guarantee any of the policies issued by our insurance brokers or their companies. We encourage you to consult with your attorney or financial advisor before signing any agreement for life insurance.

About Money Saving Expert: Money Saving Expert is a leading life insurance provider in the UK and offers a wide range of life insurance plans at low prices. The Money Saving Expert trademark is a registered trademark of Money Saving Expert.

* £5.00 per month is for a 25 year old male non-smoker, £200.000 decreasing term cover for 30 years. Prices valid as of October 2017. Quote by BeagleStreet.

Licensed by the Information Commissioners Office under the Data Protection Act 1998 - License number ZA235733.

© Copyright 2013 - 2017, Life-Cover1.co.uk
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories