Onwards and downwards...

Comments

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Great to catch up and hear about the decluttering!! Great progress, well done jwil (and Team Jwil as Mr Jwil seems to have got a move on which is brilliant). Sorry re agencies...it's hardly ideal is it..

Like the idea of another new shiny diary (as Beanie would say!) TC...sounds good
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Hi jwil, stumbled across your diary, have spotted your posts on other threads. Hope you don't mind me subscribing. I'm also keen to Declutter and need lessons in how to convert the rest of the household.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I have had an idea. Start taking pictures of the rooms in your house so you can see the difference youre making. You're doing great jwil. xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,065 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    tattycath wrote: »
    Ooh, just found your shiny new diary jwil. I will follow again with interest. You're such an inspiration. :j
    I'm planning to start a new diary myself in a few weeks. :)

:wave: Hi tattycath, nice to see you! I look forward to seeing your new diary :)
    Pelepeg wrote: »
    Hey Jwil.

No, I don't have a diary. I am focussing though and have started a lovely shiny spreadsheet today with money owing and monthly outgoings so I can focus on what I really do spend our money on and what I should be spending it on. I have also refreshed all my survey site memberships and started refreshing those, so thanks again for the push. I think I will cash those in every £50 or so, concentrating on putting bank accounts in the black then paying off credit cards first.

I'm getting quite excited about being in control again, but really do need to remember that I have a life around this too - as in it's now 4:30am and I'm still working on getting info together rather than getting much needed sleep!

Once this is all done, I will be focussing on PPI reclaims for both me and my mum. Going back to work is severely going to hamper my time on this! Am currently off sick with a broken foot. Really should have started this 5 weeks ago rather than wait until the last minute! Lol

!!!!!! about your other half having worked cancelled. We too are at the mercy of agencies as my hubby works freelance so I can fully relate!

Good luck with your week ahead.

Pelepeg.

Ouch to the broken foot Pelepeg! Hope it's healing nicely. That is focussed, sorting everything out at 4.30am :eek:

Good luck with the ppi claims, and well done for refreshing your survey memberships. I generally cash out as soon as I can as I figure the money's not guaranteed until I've got it, but waiting til £50 means you'll have a nice lump sum.

You sound like you've got a good plan :)
    brizzledfw wrote: »
    Great to catch up and hear about the decluttering!! Great progress, well done jwil (and Team Jwil as Mr Jwil seems to have got a move on which is brilliant). Sorry re agencies...it's hardly ideal is it..

Like the idea of another new shiny diary (as Beanie would say!) TC...sounds good

Thanks Brizzle, yes Mr jwil does seem to be getting on with things, hurrah!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    Hi jwil, stumbled across your diary, have spotted your posts on other threads. Hope you don't mind me subscribing. I'm also keen to Declutter and need lessons in how to convert the rest of the household.

Hi INOD, of course I don't mind, it's lovely to have visitors! I'm not sure nagging as much as I do counts as converting the rest of the household :rotfl: but I do think that leading by example does help others think about their own clutter
    Kitten868 wrote: »
    I have had an idea. Start taking pictures of the rooms in your house so you can see the difference youre making. You're doing great jwil. xxx

Thanks kitten :) I took photos at the end of 2015 when I went on maternity leave, and then when I looked at them at the end of 2016 before I came back, I cried as they looked exactly the same, just different stuff :( However, I think if I looked again now, it would look slightly better, so we are getting somewhere.
  • jwil
    Hey everyone, I haven't been on for a while. We were off last week and as the weather was dry we decided to make the most of it, and sod the house for a while.

We have been out and about, to the zoo, the seaside, the gruffalo trail, the park etc and it was lovely.

We did also manage to sell at 3 car boots over the week and have cleared loads of stuff so I'm super happy! My exercise equipment isn't selling, so I've asked DH to investigate whether one of the charities will take it instead. I should have sold it in January!

We've also had loads of ebay sales so lots has left there too including 3 sacks to go today.

Back on it with a vengeance this week though.

I am desperately trying to cash out on a couple of survey sites as I need some more packaging, but on one site where I have enough to redeem, amazon vouchers are out of stock, and the other site where I am very close, I keep getting screened out! I don't want to spend actual cash!
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Great news jwil.lovely to hear about your lovely days out. Sounds brilliant. 3 sacks full. brilliant.
    there's always loads of stuff when you have kids. I'm certain there is less stuff in your house xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • jwil
    Kitten868 wrote: »
    Great news jwil.lovely to hear about your lovely days out. Sounds brilliant. 3 sacks full. brilliant.
    there's always loads of stuff when you have kids. I'm certain there is less stuff in your house xxx

Thanks kitten, I'm pleased with what's gone :)
  • jwil
    Hey everyone :)

Another few sales yesterday, so another few parcels gone today. Also I've sold a few BINs today so that's good as well.

Which is all good news as today my car wouldn't start :mad: DH got it started and has taken it to the garage who have checked the battery and alternator which are both fine. He's going to drop it off there again later so they can check it in the morning and see if it's the starter motor or a cable or something. Always something :(

In better news, we had a letter from the water company saying they've overcharged us for years, so have a £200 credit being applied to our account :T That will save £20 a month off our stupidly extortionate water bills this year :T

I've remembered I've got about £20 payable in TCB so must claim that. I changed my bank account which meant I couldn't withdraw for a few days, then completely forgot about it!

Still not there on the survey redemptions, must keep trying, and am going to have to order some packaging anyway.
  • Well done on the sales jwil and good news on the water bill refund. Can you discipline yourself to save that £20 a month. I know things will come up but you'd have found a way round it and still paid the water bill. It'd be a good start to a savings fund.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure