CSA Maintenence....

Options
13»

Comments

• Tabbykatt
    Options
    Reading the responses to my OP, is there anyone (other than my Ex Husband!!) who is benefiting from the CSA's actions?
    For those that have been re-assessed at the ex partners request, how long was it backdated for? Only wondering whether I could appeal against my ex's travel allowance for his so-called access to the children esp in light of the fact that he in whinging about how much petrol it takes to meet me half way on the rare occasions he does see the children!
    I really wish that I could have an amicable arrangement with my ex without the CSA being involved, where he pays a fair amount towards his children's up-keep, but alas I cant see this happening without him abusing it. He even had the cheek to ask me when I came off benefits in Dec if he could pay me direct so that he didnt have to pay as much as he does! It is so very difficult to hear my daughter saying wonderful things about 'daddy' when inside I think that he considers the £ sign far more important. One day she will learn this and I will be there to pick up the pieces!
    Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new...... Albert Einstein
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Tabbykatt wrote:
    For those that have been re-assessed at the ex partners request, how long was it backdated for? Only wondering whether I could appeal against my ex's travel allowance for his so-called access to the children esp in light of the fact that he in whinging about how much petrol it takes to meet me half way on the rare occasions he does see the children!

Not a 100% sure but as far as I am aware re-assesments are not back dated as such.

But take effect from the moment they are informed. Say my husband rang them up today to say he has £5K wage rise. They would take it from today even though he has no wage slips to prove it. So fast forward 3 months from today he would send off the wage slips. So in effect he has acured back pay going back three months.

But if your ex has has special circumstance taken in to account due to extra travel to see his children. Then he is not keeping his end of the agreement. So I believe that you need to get him re-assessed ASAP.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family