best ps4 game to buy??

I know this isnt money saving but i dont want to waste money either i am looking to buy oh a ps4 game for his birthday he likes action games like hitman and !!!!! i have tried googling but have no idea........

Any ideas or recommendations??

TIA

Comments

• donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Uncharted 4, rise of the tomb raider and horizon zero dawn are good games. Why not fish for info in a conversation about games he likes and wants. Obviously make sure he hasn't already got whichever game you decide to buy.
  • Toonsy
    Toonsy Posts: 81
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    If he's not got it already try 'metal gear solid the phantom pain' as it combines a number of things like action, stealth and so on.

Plus it's not a new release so you should be able to get hold of it reasonably cheap
  • I'd recommend Bloodborne. It's on offer at the moment on PlaystationPlus.
    Savings as of April 2023 Savings account - £26460.50(14474.88)Current account - £2140.24(4576.79)Total - £28600.74(19051.67) £1010 (£65pm CS/BS) £250 CS/BS/JS
  • Buy a Playstation Network voucher(s) to the value of £40 and that will enable him to buy whatever top game he wants (or a number of cheaper ones).
  • heartbreak_star
    heartbreak_star Posts: 8,286
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    Fallout 4 or Horizon: Zero Dawn :)

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Bremainer
  • MsLdn
    MsLdn Posts: 22 Forumite
    Horizon Zero Dawn is bloody fantastic.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Look at the top 10 PS4 game charts.
  • Bigphil1474
    Bigphil1474 Posts: 2,344
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Fallout 4 is a good option - been out a while so should be relatively cheap - it's an open world explore and do missions. Some tactical, some shooting the hell out of stuff. Skyrim is a similar vein, but less shooting, more swords and magic. I've played both, but be ready for seeing much less of him - they are all consuming.
    My grandson loves Destiny (don't know why) but Destiny 2 is out next month I think, and will have more single player story as well as multiplayer online. Star Wars Battlefront kept me occupied for a few months, and v2 is also due out later this year - mainly online short mission shooting stuff. If he's a Star Wars fan, he'll probably love it, but would probably already have it.
    To be honest, I wouldn't let my OH buy me a game for PS4 without me telling her which game I want - too higher risk of getting it wrong. I'd recommend going with the gift voucher or fishing for hints suggestions.
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Look at the top 10 PS4 game charts.

Being in the top ten does not guarantee quality.
  • you should ask him ;) but Fallout 4 is good !
    123hulu
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport