PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

April 2017 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Here we go again, good luck!

Zip
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• Thank you for these grocery challenges! I'm in again for £190 this month!
  • Fruittea
    Fruittea Posts: 956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks Zippychick. I'm still struggling through March but I'd like to be in again for £150 for April. Definitely should do better than this month. Thanks.
  • Cappella
    Cappella Posts: 748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 27 March 2017 at 2:37PM
    I haven't managed to post in March and would really like to succeed in April so would you leave me in, still at £350 please.
    Great thread, many thanks to the mods. It's really helped me over the past months, and hopefully this will be the month that I crack it :-)
  • allie23
    allie23 Posts: 1,857 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 March 2017 at 11:04AM
    Hi there, could I please be added for April? My budget for April will be £150. My month starts on 25th as that is OH's payday.

Thanks to Zippy and lynne jk for running the thread.
    January GC 2024 £135/£180
    Frugal living Challenge 2024
  • I'm a newbie to the forum but have been doing the challenges as a lurker for a while. Could I be in for £250? and I'll see how I get on.
    Thanks for this great thread!
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,574 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    My month will run from 1st to 28th April, 4 weeks. My budget will be £280 I will hopefully have money left over from March's budget which I aim to use for bulk purchasing.
    We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children, our budget covers all food and drink including take aways, meals and snacks out, alcohol, toiletries, cleaning materials.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • It's the start of my April budget today (payday)
    I'm expecting a fairly expensive month - I work on an annual budget - as I need to replenish baking supplies, washing powder, dish wash tabs, sack of spuds etc it is also Mothering Sunday and Easter weekend during this month and we will be having house guests for both occasions.
    I'm trying very hard to join in with Jackie O's lent challenge of using up and not throwing out and I think that is definitely stretching the money (even if it does throw up some fairly perculiar combos)
    I'll report back later.
  • donkids22
    donkids22 Posts: 281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I would love to join for April im setting our budget at 240 for April. We alreadly have alot in the freezer so we can work our way through that and the cupboards. Im going to try to stick to my shopping list and not pop out for extra things which is my main down fall.
    If you dream it can you do it????????
  • Redshank
    Redshank Posts: 42 Forumite
    I clearly haven't got a clue. December was a disaster, January was a disaster, February I didn't take part, March was another disaster. I'm completely under estimating and not really keeping the records I should so totally losing track. I never thought I'd find this so difficult! :(

So, my April begins next week on the 28th. I've had a serious think and for April I'm going to try for £300. Wish me luck, or a kick up the backside, or something. *sigh* :(
    Newbie doing the best I can :D :A

Grocery Challenge Jan 2017 £144.17/£250
    Aiming to save £2,017 in 2017 - £156 so far :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills