Wednesday 4th May - What small DFW things will you do today?

2»

Comments

• May the 4th be with you.... :)

Its a beautiful day here although I have a banging headache. Up my mums house as usual until OH finishes work at 6 :( I treated myself to some new trousers out of Swagbucks vouchers and DD to new shoes, will collect them tomorrow!

Dropped DD to nursery
    House hunt
    Put a wash on for mum and sneaked in DS2's bib as its covered from breakfast!
    Pick DD up from nursery, rush back for lunch before taking her back to nursery for her afternoon session
    Meals from stores
    Parcel up two items sold on eBay to post tomorrow
    HOT bath and early night

x
    DMP Started June 2016
  • HelleBelle
    HelleBelle Posts: 96 Forumite
    Hi all,

Cat - thanks for the start. Hope the feeling passes soon.
    Bob - hope your kiddos feel better soon and you have a good night tonight
    PF - how exciting re the builder!! :D
    Foxgloves - What a productive day! Hope your headache has vanished!
    OF - hope you have a better night tonight
    Ziggy - hope you feel better soon

Today I'm back in the office but have made packed lunch.
    Dinner from meal plan tonight - was temped by jacket potatoes!! but we have some turkey steaks that I'll do with mixed veg mash (carrots, sweet pots and normal pots) and greens.
    Not much for today - am knackered already!!

Have a good day peeps! xx
    New total: £24,006 :(
    I will do this.
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    CCL thanks for getting us started this morning, I hope you find ways to cope with your anxiety.

Bob I hope tonight everybody is well and lets you sleep and that today is calm and stress free.

Foxgloves I'm only 5'2", thank you for details of the tool you use, I will have a think and decide if that would work for me or if I need a ladies/children's spade & fork. We have a lot of work to do in our garden and with OH health he often isn't in a position to help so it is down to me and the children and I have no idea about most stuff, but I know some of the things we need to remove will take quiet a bit of work and some of what is topping me is not having suitable tools.

I hope everyone is well. I feel knackered- I keep dreaming really vividly which is exhausting me.

I often find this happens when the temperature keeps changing, hope you sleep better tonight.

Dawn Hope DD & GD have managed to get some sleep.

Ziggy when I get like that some times if I can find the time I sit down and watch a film or read a book which is guaranteed to make me cry and just sit there and let it happen, often this is enough to allow me cope and get on with the rest of life without crying or feeling the need to. Hope you feel better soon.

I have no idea what we will be having for dinner, alas not jacket potatoes, ds doesn't like potatoes much and detests jacket potatoes :(

Today I plan to:
    NSD
    Post on this thread for support, motivation and inspiration
    Open curtains fully
    Close curtains before it gets dark
    Turn off lights and appliances not in use
    reusable sanitary wear
    B/L/D from stores
    Check and reconcile bank accounts
    PAD into saving £3.66 -1p
    Soak porridge overnight
    Set DW to run overnight
    Set WM to run overnight
    Check FPL
    Educate children for free
    Entertain children and us for free
    Do not wash hair
    Walk everywhere
    Read Martin’s email
    Dry laundry outside, yes it is dry today :j

Keep heating to a minimum, nothing downstairs, upstairs thermostats turned down low, we have jumpers and blankets
    Ongoing project:
    Cull 100 emails
    Keep up to date with destroying confidential waste
    Keep google drive tidy

Have a lovely day everyone and May the fourth be with you.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,105 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Alas the headache returned, but I'm still achieving a fair bit on the money saving front. Pulled 2kg rhubarb & the sorrel soup has made 6 portions. Two loads of laundry already dry on the line. Time to give in & take some painkillers, then I think I'll go outside & plant out another tray of lettuces, re-pot my bay tree into a lovely pot I was given for my birthday & maybe do a tiny bit of weeding.
    DNMS - I've replied to your question on Facebook.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Evening everyone :D
    Thanks as always for your kind words and wishes. Always appreciated. I thought I was ok and on top of the anxiety until the phone rang and it was dh telling me he had to work late. Obviously my mind is in overdrive because I've gone through a billion different scenarios in my head... :o Truly ashamed of the way my brain is working at the moment.
    Ziggy - I have plenty of those crying days as well - hope you're being kind to yourself...
    Bob - hope that your dd is on the mend today.
    Foxgloves - hope the head has cleared up.
    DNMS - thanks for the tip on guided meditation. I have tried it before but really struggle to focus my mind for any length of time. I will try again. I'm going to crochet in a bit because I find that very calming.

So, best plan is to keep busy:
    [STRIKE]:cool: Check banking and PAD[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:cool: Aim for NSD[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:cool: All meals from stores[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:cool: Minimal housework - just hoover, wash up and washing[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:cool: Read Martin's email[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:cool: Make time for crochet[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:cool: Make time for exercise, which will make me feel better[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:cool: Full day of teaching[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:cool: Meeting after work[/STRIKE]
    :cool: Mark a set of books Desperately need to do this tomorrow
    [STRIKE]:cool: Remind myself not to stress out[/STRIKE]
    Have a good day everyone :D
    I'm ok. A bit more short tempered than usual, but apparently I'm always grumpy anyway... :p
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Thank you very much for all the kind well wishes. Hoping for a better night tonight.

Dawn hope your daughter and Dgd fare better as well.
    Foxgloves hope your headache goes and yours Makethechange

Ziggy big hugs to you. Hope you feel less wobbly tommorow. But it you don't just remember you have had a lot of emotional upset recently and it comes out in lots of ways we don't expect.

My other small things for the day were
    1. PAD £1.59 to the cc by doing a bank balance round down.
    2. Took energy readings and submitted them.
    3. Dinner is hot dogs, with mini jackets and pitta bread filled with salad. Pitta breads were YS from the freezer.
    4. Found 22p roadkill
    5. Used a £2.50 nectar reward

That's it I think.

Night all.

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    foxgloves wrote: »
    BaileysBabe - Re your comment yesterday on garden tools. I completely agree! I find standard spades too heavy for prolonged use, also too tall, as I'm only 5' 3 & a bit. x

Think how I feel; I'm elf height! :rotfl:
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    edited 4 May 2016 at 9:39PM
    Hi May Marvellous-oes,

Thanks for the starter Cat.

Quick post today.

Debt Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Month Eleven:

* Our saga with a wonky Samsung phone rumbles on. We call it Samsung-ma-geddon...the latest update is that UPS couriers have failed to find our house two days running and DW is losing her patience. We're remote, but not that remote, you'd think we live in Timbuktu the way UPS have been acting. We live in a street with street lighting, and a postbox and we're a 10 min run downhill from a mini Sainsbury's. Have put in a compaint with Resolver. DW has been two weeks with a broken phone and it's not even in the van en route to the service centre yet. :mad:

Had gas and electricity bill today. Slightly over budget but our Winter has been brutal and we'll draw even again next bill. :D

* Cooker is throwing a fit. Will look at it on Saturday. I think I know what the problem is and I think there's a simple solution.

How about you folks?
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    allydowd wrote: »
    Hi May Marvellous-oes,

Thanks for the starter Cat.

Quick post today.

Debt Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Month Eleven:

* Our saga with a wonky Samsung phone rumbles on. We call it Samsung-ma-geddon...the latest update is that UPS couriers have failed to find our house two days running and DW is losing her patience. We're remote, but not that remote, you'd think we live in Timbuktu the way UPS have been acting. We live in a street with street lighting, and a postbox and we're a 10 min run downhill from a mini Sainsbury's. Have put in a compaint with Resolver. DW has been two weeks with a brokne phone and it's not even in the van en route to the service centre yet. :mad:

Had gas and electricity bill today. Slightly over budget but our Winter has been brutal and we'll draw even again next bill. :D

* Cooker is throwing a fit. Will look at it on Saturday. I think I know what the problem is and I think there's a simple solution.

How about you folks?
    Ally by comparison where you live is so modern you have street lights and a postbox we don't even have tarmac :rotfl: at least from this house I can see the next road and it does, previous place was a mile down an unmade road.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business