Talk Talk new call charges

Has anybody else had a letter saying Talk Talk evening calls are having a connection charge of 6p per call and then being charged at 1.4p per minute! Whatever happened to being able to talk for an hour for 5p.

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • BexTech
    BexTech Posts: 4,772 Forumite
    This is what happens when OFCOM relax the rules, one puts prices up they all follow.

Hopefully not everyone has gone for Line Rental with TalkTalk as you're a little stuffed otherwise.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
  • utilitybroker
    utilitybroker Posts: 2,207 Forumite
    If you have not moved your line rental to Talk Talk only your calls,you can avoid all evening and weekend geographical call charges by switching your calls to Primus Saver 2.

Have a read of Heinz post here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=1598074&postcount=4
  • ecclesto
    ecclesto Posts: 272
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I have just got off the phone to Talk Talk and switched to their Talk 2 plan - £2.65 per month for free evening and weekend calls to land lines. I will take a look at this Primus site and perhaps change to them. Can I keep my land line number, I have my line rental with BT and calls with Talk Talk fortunately. If I went with Primus, would they sort out all the arrangements for transfer to them from Talk Talk.
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    ecclesto wrote: »
    I will take a look at this Primus site and perhaps change to them. Can I keep my land line number, I have my line rental with BT and calls with Talk Talk fortunately.
    Yes, CPS (Carrier PreSelect) services are outgoing only - your line remains with BT and your incoming calls still arrive on BT.

The new CPS provider makes all the arrangements.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • utilitybroker
    utilitybroker Posts: 2,207 Forumite
    ecclesto wrote: »
    I have just got off the phone to Talk Talk and switched to their Talk 2 plan - £2.65 per month for free evening and weekend calls to land lines. I will take a look at this Primus site and perhaps change to them. Can I keep my land line number, I have my line rental with BT and calls with Talk Talk fortunately. If I went with Primus, would they sort out all the arrangements for transfer to them from Talk Talk.

Yes you keep the same number, just contact Primus and they will arrange the transfer for you.To sign up to this package you need to call them on 0800 036 0094, you can’t sign up direct online though they bill via e-mail.
  • Joe65_2
    Joe65_2 Posts: 148 Forumite
    Yes, so much for deregulation.

20 years on & BT's still calling the shots while the rest shadow their every move - only now BT's intent on becoming as bad as all the rest.

Thanks a bunch Oftel/Ofcon.
  • normanmark
    normanmark Posts: 4,156 Forumite
    Joe65 wrote: »
    Yes, so much for deregulation.

20 years on & BT's still calling the shots while the rest shadow their every move - only now BT's intent on becoming as bad as all the rest.

Thanks a bunch Oftel/Ofcon.

:confused:

This is about Talk Talks call charges. Could you highlight where BT has had a say/matter within this decision by Talk Talk?!
  • BexTech
    BexTech Posts: 4,772 Forumite
    normanmark wrote: »
    :confused:

This is about Talk Talks call charges. Could you highlight where BT has had a say/matter within this decision by Talk Talk?!

BT still own the copper wires.

TalkTalk and other Telcos have to pay BT for using their network.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
  • jhp
    jhp Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    BexTech wrote: »
    BT still own the copper wires.

TalkTalk and other Telcos have to pay BT for using their network.

Yes but that doesnt mean that TT have to follow their call price increases does it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure