Has anyone been to York?

2»

Comments

• daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,519 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I was there about 3 weeks ago, no charge.
  • Thank you for your reply.

Do you know if its easy to get around because York seems a big city?
    Me and my husband love York and have visited man times. Once our car is safely in the hotel car park, it is not used again until we leave. York is quite small to be honest and is easily walkable. However, the bus service is also pretty easy to navigate.

One actvity we did about two years ago was a free walking tour offered by the council an run by volunteers. Over they years we have done countless of the paid tours but we really enjoyed the free one and we learnt something new.
    :cool:"More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them." - Harold J. Smith:cool:
  • kinger101
    kinger101 Posts: 6,282 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I think OP has probably finished there Xmas shopping trip by now.
    "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance" - Confucius
  • The rail museum had a queue where you were guided to a desk to pay your suggested donation of £5 per person. We felt shamed into paying really but looking at the website I see the admission is actually free. Which is what I would expect York Minster to be - donations only. We will go again for the day but only undertake one 'attraction' or it will simply be too expensive.
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family