Habitat carpets - really Allied carpets!

I am sure that lots of people were aware that the shop Habitat is owned by the same people who own Allied carpets.
I popped into Habitat the other day to see that they are now doing carpets, vinyl and laminate flooring. I love Habitat but it's a bit pricey for me. I am however just finishing a building project and so need to carpet a few rooms.
I spoke to the assistant who said this was very new to Habitat to sell carpets but whilst talking to her she was called over to the phone by someone from Allied carpets!
After going then to Allied and asking if it was the same stuff there was a lot if shifty looks and a "I cannot admit or deny it. You didn't hear it from me"
Got ya!
Why would you probably pay higher prices(didn't check) and miss out in interest free deals just because of the Habitat label.

I am sure it'll just be a selection from the whole range.::whistle:
I have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat - Rebecca West

Weight loss 2010 - 1/7lbs :rolleyes:

Comments

• paulwf
    paulwf Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Unless it is exactly the same product and service (i.e. delivery and fitting) for a more expensive price, then I can't see what the big deal is. Not many companies make their own products, most specify a design and outsource it.
  • chumbasmum
    chumbasmum Posts: 159 Forumite
    I do agree with you in some respect but if they are roughly the same product you would want to make sure that it wasn't cheaper else where. E.g. Allied were offering 0% interest for one year that wouldn't be offered in Habitat. also allied had 10% off which you would want to see if it was comparable.
    A friend who would never buy from Allied was looking at Habitat. I just think people should be aware so they can make an informed decision.
    I have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat - Rebecca West

Weight loss 2010 - 1/7lbs :rolleyes:
  • thatguy1
    thatguy1 Posts: 5,363 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I think it's just that allied supply habitat with the carpets etc

Habitat are owned by Hilco, and Allied Carpets are owned by... Allied Carpets Retail Limited
  • I'm currently shopping around for a carpet at the moment too and have checked out both Habitat and Allied. I didn't notice any difference in the pricing of their branded products. Habitat were also offering interest free credit, so can't see the problem if I'm honest.
  • not only that but when trying to get this particular Vinyl from Habitat, they said delivery to store or home would cost £85!! Horror!!
    Checked with Allied for identical design and there was no delivery charges if wanted to pick up from the store. Delivery times the same for both stores.. 2 weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure