Ebay refund

Options
I'm not an Ebay expert and I have just received a faulty CD player (bits rattling around in the case). It was well packaged but still it is useless to me.

I bought this from a person not a business (as far as I am aware), how do I go about getting my money back- I cant see any instruction on the ebay site?

Comments

• chancesare_2
    chancesare_2 Posts: 1,788 Forumite
    Options
    When did you buy it and when was it due to be delivered - these are key days.
  • Tealblue
    Tealblue Posts: 929 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    This should help: http://pages.ebay.co.uk/ebay-money-back-guarantee/faqs.html

If not, please come back and ask again.
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    chancesare wrote: »
    When did you buy it and when was it due to be delivered - these are key days.

Monday last week, delivered by Thursday, opened and tested on Saturday and discovered not working out the box. So all under 7 days start to finish.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Monday last week, delivered by Thursday, opened and tested on Saturday and discovered not working out the box. So all under 7 days start to finish.

What did the seller say when you told them?

Depending on their response Just open a case for not as described! Wait for a returns label and send it back for a full refund.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure