Doro Liberto 820 mini for hard of hearing

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 27 April 2017 at 10:05AM in Mobiles
Thanks to very helpful replies on my recent post I was able to do my homework and follow links given, thank you. This is a new post because I am interested in and am being drawn to the Doro Liberto 820 mini.

From Doro direct it costs £150 and Amazon UK 'new in box' seem to cost from as little as about £80 upwards. I have been to my nearest EE shop and although they cannot provide it they can help me to transfer my present EE payg credit, telephone numbers and keep my current mobile telephone number if I take the new Doro into the shop.

I apologise if I have been long winded - here is my question I'll be grateful for your help with, please - Provided it says 'sim free' and is unlocked - will all these new Doro 820 mini mobile phones be the same or should I be looking out for any special number or detail to make sure it can be used here? For 'new' Amazon UK seems to be the best value.

To be safe I would prefer to pay more if necessary - but if the ones on Amazon are identical I could buy from there.

Any more information or advice will be very much appreciated before I go ahead and order one, thank you. My present basic mobile phone has served me well but it is time to move to my first smart phone now, thank you.

Crimson

Comments

• ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,065 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Amazon UK are great to deal with, any problems are sorted
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    ballyblack wrote: »
    Amazon UK are great to deal with, any problems are sorted

Thank you very much - it will be good to know that I am ordering the same phone as the Doro website - safe for use here, thanks ballyblack.

Crimson
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The reviews on Amazon aren't very promising to be honest, I'd check them out carefully first.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 27 April 2017 at 2:58PM
    Options
    The reviews on Amazon aren't very promising to be honest, I'd check them out carefully first.

Thank you very much for the caution, Colin_Maybe - very much appreciated. I had gone on the reviews about loudspeaker sound but I' ll now go and look more carefully on Amazon reviews.- update at 2.55 pm: So grateful for the caution. I did not know there was a list of negative reviews.

I' m definitely going back to search again for a smartphone with very good loudspeaker volume for when, too often, I cannot use my hearing aid. As before any advice is very welcome, thank you.

Crimson
  • ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,065 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have a friend with hearing difficulties and uses a Motorola moto G4 (new model G5). He simply presses the 'Loudspeaker' button during the call and it is very loud.

Did not like the Doro phones as a smartphone at all
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    ballyblack wrote: »
    I have a friend with hearing difficulties and uses a Motorola moto G4 (new model G5). He simply presses the 'Loudspeaker' button during the call and it is very loud.

Did not like the Doro phones as a smartphone at all
    Thank you ballyblack - I'm delighted to have another one to look at - and with good loudspeaker too.

Crimson
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport